6. Ten Thousand Flower Valley
53.2k 9 464
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lin Qingcheng broke through again, 6th Level of the Body Refinement Realm. Chen Wentian wasn't surprised but he was still impressed. His first disciple was simply too amazing.

He watched her for a long time. He even lifted the other towel to take in the thrilling sight of her small, perky breasts. But in the end, he didn't do anything else. He put her in some sleepwear and tucked her in bed.

There was plenty of time to explore their relationship. He was a careful person who took things step by step. He used to be a loner for the past ten years or so. He wasn't used to being in the company of a woman so he was still getting used to it.

Before, he was a free spirit with no roots who could come and go as he pleased. But now, he was a man with many responsibilities. There were many things he needed to do. He couldn't dote on his first disciple and ignore everything else. He had a province to manage and millions of human souls under his protection. And most importantly, he needed to formally establish his immortal sect.

---

In the following few days, Chen Wentian took Lin Qingcheng and toured the entire province. An immortal sect needed to be located in a place that was rich with spiritual energy. Otherwise, his disciples would have a hard time cultivating and he would be ridiculed.

His territory didn't have a lot of history but its quality was not too bad. He found many potential spots in the form of spiritual mountains, spiritual lakes, and the like. He eventually settled on a spiritual valley within an uninhabited mountain range that met all of the requirements.

Spiritual energy seeped out of the valley floor and formed a thin fog that hung gently amidst the trees. The aura of this place was warm and welcoming. The surrounding forest was thick and rich with life. The river that cut through the valley was clean and crisp. With his spiritual sense, he could feel this place's untapped potential.

The valley's geography was also fitting. The valley was spacious but walled off on three sides by impressive snowcapped mountains. It was a naturally defensible position due to only having one entrance that followed the path of the river. This was an isolated land where few mortals dared to venture. There were no other cultivation sects for a thousand kilometers in all directions.

He could already foresee how his sect would grow. The valley's climate was gentle and water was plentiful. He had treasures that would aid him in cultivating the land. The valley would soon be covered with rare flowers of all colors and precious herbs that would fill the air with mysterious fragrances.

The fact that he would never accept any men into the sect coupled with his future vision for the valley allowed him to come up with a name in an instant.

Ten Thousand Flower Valley!

It flowed off the tongue like honey. It sounded heavenly, like a garden of paradise, a place where dreams came true.

This would be his immortal sect, the sect of ten thousand flowers. It would become a holy land where beautiful, brilliant women of all kinds would blossom under his guidance.

"Qingcheng, come here." Chen Wentian said with a hint of playfulness as they stood atop a small mountain that overlooked the misty valley.

"Master?" Lin Qingcheng said as came to his side.

He gave her a smile and then gestured towards everything before them, "As first disciple, you are witnessing a moment in history. From this day onward, this place will be the home of our sect, Ten Thousand Flower Valley. What do you think?"

Her eyes shined with emotion, "Amazing! So beautiful!"

He laughed joyfully, "First disciple of Ten Thousand Flower Valley, Lin Qingcheng. How does that sound?"

Her small lips split into an irresistible smile. "Great!"

After another round of laughter that rang across the land, he hugged her waist and flew into the air. There were many more matters to take care of. Although he was very satisfied with Lin Qingcheng and her heaven-defying ability, one disciple was not enough.

The Immortal Association offered incentives to immortal sects within the subcontinent in the form of competitions and special events. Sects were encouraged to exchange pointers and compare notes with each other and compete for prizes provided by the association. These prizes were difficult to find elsewhere and even Chen Wentian was tempted. But to participate, he needed at least three or four talented disciples.

In addition to more disciples, creating a sect from scratch and properly managing it was a huge undertaking. The place he chose was wild and uninhabited. The land needed to be cleared and facilities needed to be constructed. At a minimum, there had to be a great hall, a dining hall, training fields, libraries, cultivation rooms, meeting rooms, and dormitories for the disciples. The construction also had to be of a certain quality that was befitting of his immortal status or else even his disciples would feel ashamed.

After the buildings, there were many more considerations. He had to establish his sect's ideology, internal rules, hierarchy, and other mechanisms to manage disciples. He also needed to handle incomes and expenditures. He needed money for spiritual crystals, cultivation manuals, medicinal pills, training equipment, food, clothes... An immortal sect was an absolute money pit. Even though he had built up a huge trove of wealth during his journey to become an immortal, he still had to be careful or else he could easily go broke.

All of this made his head spin. He was confident in his strength as a cultivator but he wasn't good at everything. He couldn't handle all the things that a newly established sect needed but he also had no one to help him. Other immortals could rely on a vast family clan or an entire kingdom. He only had Lin Qingcheng who was even more clueless than him.

Chen Wentian thought about the problem for a while and eventually came to the most sensible solution.

He needed another disciple.

He needed a disciple who could shore up the areas where he was lacking. In addition to cultivation, they had to be talented in business and management. They had to be sharp and sensible. They would be responsible for the details and day-to-day operations while he would serve as the figurehead. This disciple had to be able to handle such a high-pressure job, smart enough to meet his expectations and even surpass them.

He knew no such person existed in peasant villages and farming towns. Finding Lin Qingcheng was like hitting a divine lottery. He still couldn't believe his luck. But for his second disciple, he wasn't dumb enough to leave it to chance. He needed real candidates to choose from, ones with education and proper upbringing.

He left the countryside and headed for the more populous regions to the east. Here, there were many city-states and merchant cities that served as trading hubs. There was even a kingdom that ruled over large swaths of the territory. With such a vast land and so many people, he was sure he could find his ideal second disciple.

464