Chapter 33 – Dedra’s face slapping
1.6k 0 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dedra’s red eyes shined in the darkness. His thought went back some months before.

Edward was eager to do research with Klaye’s blood, but he was tired. He cursed Howard for being too fierce and slowly walked out of the room. His spirit was in the best state, yet his body hardly moved.

Sometimes a strange feeling appeared in his body. As if there was a strong power sealed in him. He didn’t know why he thought that way. The virus awakened everyone’s potentials, only he didn’t find any change. Maybe this feeling was only his wishful thinking. As a doctor and researcher, he hoped to study special things.

He felt it again but didn’t pay any attention to it. He had a better thing in his hand now.

Vincent told him about Klaye’s ability. It made him interested and wanted to do some tests right away. He never thought a bastard would stand in his way...

He slowly sat down and took out the tube with the blood. He prepared some other tubes with different materials in them, then he opened the one in his hand...

Thirst... He only felt an insatiable thirst...

Edward’s consciousness went blank. He felt the sealed power suddenly broke out, and he fainted.

Sometimes he woke up. He felt his body burned, then froze... As if he fell into hell, he was tortured for centuries...

When he finally woke up, his clothes were wet from the sweat. Surprisingly, he still sat on the chair in front of his table. He didn’t even move an inch...

He looked at the clock and saw 5 hours passed. He licked his lips and felt the bloody taste. The tube in his hand was empty. He didn’t know when, but he drank it.

Edward watched the empty glass, and his eyes deepened. Klaye’s blood was more useful than Vincent thought. Gladly, it was rare to find someone without awakened power. It was better if no one found out about this...

He closed his eyes and meditated. His ability didn’t just awaken, but it was extremely strong. And the most surprising was that he knew how to use it. He inherited memories about it.

He felt Klaye’s blood flowing in his veins. It was gentle and warm. If he listened carefully, he could hear Klaye calling him on a different name. He felt it was familiar, but he couldn’t hear it properly, or he just forgot it after he came back to his senses... He wasn’t sure.

He buried all these things in his heart and sealed his power. He couldn’t let anyone find out his change. He let Howard toss him every night and showed a weakened appearance in front of him. It would be good if he could hide it forever...

In secret, he researched with his blood. He knew his power was similar to the zombie king’s. In the beginning, he feared he turned into a half zombie, but it was impossible! Klaye’s blood was the antidote of that virus!

Later, he found out the truth. He just lay on the ground and laughed hysterically. He couldn’t believe it!

Vincent was really interested in the virus and found some documents in the village, where those researchers did their first test. They wanted to find a way to evolve humans onto the next level. To give them powers similar to Gods...

What would they say if they found out their research was successful? Because of some accidents, there was just one, but a human with the power they wished to have!

Edward caressed Queen’s back and repeated the name in his mind. He felt satisfied. It was really the name he couldn’t hear, no difference how hard he tried. It was a good fit with his new identity, so he chose to use it from now on.

„I came to help!” he said happily.

Vincent narrowed his eyes. „How? We lost their trace...”

Dedra looked at the dogs and other animals and shook his head. „It isn’t surprising! You want to use chickens in the jungle... They can’t hunt anything useful.”

The vein jumped on Vincent’s forehead, but he tried his best to hold back his rage. Everything made him realize, he didn’t have enough power to save his lover. „Do you have a better way?”

„Isn’t it?” he patted the neck of the wolf. „One of the best predators! There isn’t any prey that can run away! And I brought 100 of them!”

The wolves’ eyes shined in the dark behind him, and the humans shivered. Even if Dedra had a harmless smile on his face, they felt that it was the Death God who stood in front of them.

Howard stood behind them and didn’t hear anything. The moment he saw Edward, he fell into a trance. The man in front of him had the same temperament as the one in his dreams. It was really Dedra... Dedra, the zombie king! He almost broke down. Couldn’t he change his fate?!

Dedra saw the frightened animals and frowned. „It’s better if you send them back. They’re in the way!”

The servants were angered, but they couldn’t do anything against the strong opponent. They collected the clothes and sent the animals back with their masters.

Dedra sent the wolves away to search for traces. He saw one of them didn’t leave but slowly walked over to them. He was a little confused, but when he saw the excited zombie on its back, he felt helpless. He didn’t know what to do with this one!

Vincent saw it too and frowned. „This is?”

„I usually send away the zombies around the city. But he doesn’t want to leave. He said he wants to serve me...” Dedra grabbed his hair. He frightened this zombie away more than once, but he always came back. So he became interested and went out to see him. He didn’t know why, when he stood in front of him, he couldn’t see any fear in his eyes, just happiness. He thought, in this world, there wouldn’t be anyone who could accept him. Yet this zombie was eager to get close to him. Somehow it warmed his heart.

Howard came back to his senses and watched their interaction. He was angered. How dare a lowly zombie got close to his lover?!

The zombie tried to get closer to Dedra and fell off from the wolf’s back. He wasn’t prepared and landed on his face.

Dedra laughed and jumped down to help him, but the zombie stood up easily.

Howard couldn’t stand it anymore. He took some steps towards them. Suddenly, Dedra looked at him with indifferent eyes. It stopped him. He couldn’t believe the one in front of him was really his lover...

Vincent didn’t pay any attention to them. His eyes were on Queen.

The cat waved with her paw and smiled at him. ’I’m just a decoration! A very cute one!’

Vincent facepalmed. His last resort really was counting on them? There wasn’t a Plan C?!

The wolves knew Klaye’s smell because Stupy had his smell every day after he went back. They weren’t vegetarian and found some traces easily.

Thunder heard their howls and turned to Dedra. ’They found the smell.’

Dedra nodded. „Show the way!”

Some animal controllers still didn’t leave. When they saw this, they felt more anger. It was their big chance to show up their power, yet they quickly lost... They gritted their teeth and went back to the city.

Thunder walked on the front with Dedra, and Vincent followed them closely. But the others didn’t dare to go closer. There were almost 100 meters between them. Only Howard went closer, but he didn’t know how to reach and slowed down.

Vincent watched the doctor in front of him and narrowed his eyes.

Dedra suddenly looked back. „I know you have a lot of questions, but it isn’t the right time.”

„Oh? Then when is the right time? You are too strong and too familiar with your power. You didn’t awaken recently...” Vincent couldn’t believe in him.

Dedra sighed and shook his head. „This is why I didn’t want to tell it to anyone. My existence only causes fear...”

„... Then why did you change your mind?”

„Klaye is my friend. I can’t sit and wait for a miracle... Originally, I thought my meddling was unnecessary, but now I happy I did it!” he looked at Vincent meaningfully. „Because of your pride, you didn’t use every pawn in your hand! This kind of time, you need to use everything you can! Bowing and asking... It didn’t cause any harm to you! Or you want to live in regret for the rest of your life?”

Vincent was shocked. He never saw Edward became so short-tempered. Even if he felt skeptical about him, at least, it proved that he really cared for Klaye.

„A... O...” the zombie felt aggrieved and tried to get Dedra’s attention.

Vincent felt amused and looked at him. „If you want to study his behavior, I can ask someone to prepare a room in the institution.”

Dedra was stunned for a second, then nodded. Gifting... it was always the nobles’ ways to show their thanks. It was true he wanted to spend more time with the zombie and accepted it.

Howard’s face turned red. He couldn’t believe it. He was the one who needed the most to spend some time alone with Dedra! He was his boyfriend! Why did they forget about him?!

Lex walked behind them and watched his frustrated friend. He held Egbert’s hand and smiled. Suddenly, he realized Egbert’s loyalty wasn’t that annoying how he thought before.

There wasn’t any road in front of them anymore, and they walked on the whole way.

The wolves sometimes lost the trace, but they ’asked’ the other animals, and they told them if they saw anything.

They traveled the whole night but didn’t see the car they were looking for...

42