Chapter 42 – Break up?!
1.5k 1 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Klaye watched the two playing lovely in front of him and sighed. He knew Vincent had a lot of things to do, but he hoped to spend more time with him too. Even now, he could hear his phone vibrating in his pocket, but Vincent didn’t intend to answer the call. He felt he was a burden, yet happy for Vincent’s care.

Klaye stole a glance at Vincent’s face but only saw gentleness in his eyes. There wasn’t any impatience or dislike. He gave all of his heart to Klaye.

Maybe it isn’t that bad I lost the child... Klaye was surprised by this thought. It isn’t that he accepted it. His heart still hurt when he thought about it. He just realized he wanted to spend more time alone with Vincent. The human’s life became longer, and they could give birth without problems until 150 years old. So it was okay to wait 20-30 years to try to have another one. Because even if their child grew up after 20 years, there would be grandchildren, and it would be impossible to go back to the world of two...

Klaye knew he couldn’t make this choice alone, but he didn’t want to speak about it in front of others. He would speak with Vincent later.

Vincent noticed Klaye’s thought ran away again. He caressed his cheek. „What’s the problem?”

Klaye shook his head and looked around. He suddenly stopped. „Didn’t Howard come?”

Vincent looked around too. „Who knows? He ran around recently.”

Lex stopped playing with Egbert and looked at them. „Don’t you know?”

„Know what?” Klaye was confused.

Egbert patted Lex’s head. „They had better things to do than listening to gossips.”

„It isn’t gossip!” Lex was angry. „It even was updated on the net!”

Klaye and Vincent looked at each other. They could see in the other’s eyes they didn’t have any idea.

Lex took out a laptop and started to type on it. „It was deleted, but as one of the admins, I can still see it... Here it is!”

The laptop was turned towards them, and Klaye’s chin fell when he saw it. There were pictures of Howard and Dedra. Even if it was censored, everyone could see, they were having sex...

„These pictures... Why...?” Klaye’s voice trembled. He couldn’t believe someone updated those humiliating pictures about his friend!

„It’s a long story, so let me start from the beginning.” Lex put away the laptop. „As you know, Howard is a big playboy. He has similar friends, and they formed a chat room. There, they show off their result... Some months before, Howard started to date with Edw... Dedra. He told them, and they betted on how long he could stand it.” Lex shook his head and pointed at the table. „If you can eat so many dishes, then suddenly change to only one... It’s hard to stop thinking about the lost flavors.”

Egbert hit his head. „How the hell do you know it?! Are you the same? Tired of me?!”

„Of course not!” Lex grabbed his hand and kissed it. „You are the best! No one can replace you!”

Klaye coughed. „You can go to the room later. Can you continue?”

„... Okay.” Lex’s mouth twitched. „So... There wasn’t any problem until some days before. As you know, Dedra suddenly showed his real power and surprised everyone. And that zombie he brought into the city... Howard was jealous and tried to separate them. But Dedra chose to protect the zombie. He wants to observe him for his research. They quarreled, and Dedra threw Howard out from his lab... As you know, that man is proud. He can play with others, but others can’t play with him. He wanted to take revenge. He wanted to show to the world Dedra was his...”

Klaye’s face paled. „Don’t tell me he updated those pictures himself...”

„Not really... After this incident, his friends laughed at him. They said with his power, Howard was under. They had a fight, and Howard ran to Dedra. I don’t know what he said, but they ended up having sex. He took some pictures in secret and updated them in the group chat... It just that it was late at night, and he said he didn’t pay attention. It was a public gossip chat, not the one he used with his friends...”

„Even if he was angry, he wouldn’t do that mistake...” Vincent commented.

Lex nodded. „I think too.”

Klaye was speechless. He knew Howard was a bastard, but he never thought he had the nerve to go so far. Now he showed to the others he could conquer such a strong person but destroyed Dedra’s reputation...

Klaye remembered the gentle smile Dedra always showed and had the urge to run back to the hospital. He wanted to ask him if he was okay. He wanted to comfort him. If Dedra needed it, he wanted to be next to him and let him cry on his shoulder.

Dedra was always a lonely doctor. He didn’t have friends, and after this, he didn’t think anyone would dare to approach him. With his astonishing power and a zombie next to him... Everyone would fear him and maybe try to kill him.

Vincent suddenly hugged him. „It’s okay! I don’t let anyone hurt him. You just rest and pay attention to your health. Didn’t he say you can visit him after a week? I think he needs some time to accept these things. Not to mention, he has a child in his stomach. You can’t help him to choose his future.”

Klaye hugged him back and nodded. He knew if he was in Dedra’s place, he would abort the child without a second thought. Even if it wasn’t the fetus’s fault...

„Child?!” Lex dropped the plates from his hand. „Dedra is pregnant?! With that stupid’s child?!” he looked at Egbert and almost cried. „This world is really unfair!”

Egbert flicked his forehead. He couldn’t reach in time to save the plates. „Don’t help me if you only know how to give me more work!”

„I’m sorry! I just can’t believe everyone around us has a child...”

„Who has a child?”

Lex turned back and saw Howard walking in. He had a funny purple circle around his left eye. „Hahaha! Your face is perfect!”

„Do you want to fight too?!” Howard shouted and grabbed his clothes. He was too angry. He didn’t care who it was, he just wanted to hit someone!

„Can the two of you go out? I don’t want to replace all of the furniture!” Egbert looked at them with narrowed eyes. He was ready to use his power to throw them out.

Howard gritted his teeth and pointed at Lex. „You slipper*1It's an idom for a man affraid of their lover/wife and let them control their life in my country. I didn't know a similar idom in english, so I left it this way.! You need to discipline your lover!”

„It’s none of your business! I love him the way he is! At least, I won’t do the same mistake as you and break up!”

Howard’s face reddened. Lex successfully threw salt on his wound. He was too angry, and the thunders surrounded him.

Egbert saw the thunder burned the edge of some furniture and his face darkened. He moved his left hand, and the window opened, then waved his right, and Howard flew out of the window. He landed in a pile of snow.

Because of the thunders, the snow completely melted, and Howard slowly stood up. His face darkened and he was ready to go back and destroy the whole house when dark energy surrounded him and suppressed his ability.

„Go out and hunt down some animals in the forest!” Vincent commanded. „Once you calmed down, you can come back!”

Howard clenched his fists. He turned away and ran out of the garden. He had only one thought: ’What animals?! I want to kill zombies! A hundred... a thousand zombies!!!’

Klaye slowly sipped a cup of tea and watched the comedy. He didn’t felt any sympathy toward Howard. He got what he deserved. Even after becoming the strongest, Dedra still obediently lay under him, yet it wasn’t enough for him.

Klaye looked at his hand and sighed. If he was stronger, he would paint Howard’s right eye...

A bigger hand gently held his hand. „You have enough excitement. Let’s go up and take a rest!”

Klaye nodded and let Vincent lead him. In the living-room, they ran into an angry little cat.

Queen shook her body and tried to get rid of the snow. Her fur was wet and dirty. ’Shit! I can’t believe he threw me in the dirt! Just you wait! Next time, this Queen let you pay for it!’

Klaye watched the stupid cat and almost laughed out loud. He saw she left behind a lot of dirty footprints and muddy shows where everywhere. Klaye really wanted to know how such a little cat could bring in so much snow.

Vincent didn’t become angry after hearing her words. He just casually looked around and was sure Egbert would beat up the cat. He loved cleanness, and no one was able to run away after they dared to cause a mess.

Queen didn’t realize the approaching danger. She sat down tiredly and shouted. ’Someone prepare this queen’s bath!’

Klaye shook his head and followed Vincent up to their room.

Egbert came out after hearing the cat shout. For some seconds, he stood blankly and looked at her. Then a dangerous smile appeared on his face. „Yup. I need to wash the cat’s fur, then I can use it to mop the floor!”

Queen was frightened and jumped up. ’What the hell do you say?! Do you want to use this queen’s fur for what?!’

„Haha!” Egbert’s smile became deeper. „Do you want to eat in this house?”

Queen’s eyes widened. ’NOOOO! NOT MY FUR!’

32