245. Newbie Transcendent II
71 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Yeonha transforms her scythe into a whip, she lashes out at Monsen, aiming to snare him in her weapon. Monsen, however, has already recovered from his resurrection and is quick to react. Using the winds to augment his speed, he reappears beside Yeonha as if he had teleported, catching her off guard.

"Surprised, aren't you?" Monsen taunts, his voice dripping with confidence as he twirls his curved sword with practiced ease. "You may have bested Garpenan, but you'll find me to be a much more challenging opponent."

Yeonha grits her teeth, refusing to show any sign of weakness in front of her adversary. She narrows her eyes, focusing her concentration as she readies herself for the hurt. Monsen’s sword digs into her left arm from skin and bones but she endures.

"I don't underestimate anyone," she retorts, her voice steady despite the adrenaline coursing through her veins. "And I won't be defeated so easily."

With a flick of her wrist, Yeonha lashes her whip towards Monsen again, aiming to catch him off guard. But not to her surprise, Monsen effortlessly dodges the attack, his movements fluid and precise.

"You'll have to do better than that," he taunts, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips as he launches a counterattack.

Yeonha leaps back, narrowly avoiding Monsen's blade as it slices through the air where she had just been standing. She grits her teeth, her mind racing as she assesses her options.

"He's fast," she thinks to herself, "but I can't let him overwhelm me."

Summoning her magic power more explosively, Yeonha channels her energy into her Aether-transformed- whip, infusing it with newfound power. With a swift motion, she sends it lashing towards Monsen once more, this time aiming for his legs in an attempt to trip him up.

But once again, Monsen proves to be one step ahead. With a deft movement, he sidesteps the attack, his eyes alight with amusement.

"You'll have to do better than that," he repeats, his tone mocking as he lunges forward with renewed determination.

Yeonha grits her teeth, refusing to back down. She knows she'll need to pull out all the stops if she hopes to emerge victorious against an opponent as skilled as Monsen. Honestly, Yeonha is playing while in handicap here considering how different her current body is… Still, her sparring sessions with Jonghak ought to fix that.

With a thought, Yeonha heals her left arm while she transforms Aether into gloves for her both hands.

As Monsen flickers and reappears behind Yeonha, swinging his sword at supersonic speed, he expects to land a decisive blow. But to his surprise, his blade slices through nothing but a black goo-like substance. Confusion flickers across his face as he realizes his mistake.

The truth is… Yeonha has achieved so much fine control over her magic power that she can now transform Aether into a perfect clone of herself. The true Yeonha has been hiding within Aether's shadow all along.

With a burst of electricity crackling in her open palm, Yeonha reemerges from Monsen's flank, her eyes blazing with determination. Aether transforms into dual-daggers which Yeonha wields in both hands.

“Stay still,” Yeonha softly utters as her eyes glow an eerie pink forcing Monsen in a dazed state.

Monsen barely has time to react before Yeonha unleashes a barrage of lightning-quick strikes, each one fueled by her newfound mastery over Aether. Her movements are deadly, but by sheer will Monsen, forces himself to dodge.

But it is futile.

Monsen grits his teeth as he struggles to keep up with Yeonha's onslaught. Her attacks come at him from all angles, each one more ferocious than the last. But despite his best efforts, he finds himself slowly being pushed back, forced onto the defensive by Yeonha's sheer tenacity.

"You're stronger than I anticipated," Monsen grunts, his voice strained as he deflects another flurry of blows. "But you still lack the experience to defeat me."

Yeonha's eyes narrow as she hears his words, her determination only growing stronger. She knows she's more than capable of holding her own against Monsen, no matter how skilled he may be.

With a fierce cry, Yeonha unleashes a final surge of energy, channeling all of her power into one devastating blow. Monsen's eyes widen in shock as he realizes his mistake too late. With a flash of lightning, Yeonha's attack connects, sending Monsen crashing to the ground with a resounding thud.

Clouds of dust rise in the air.

Yeonha watches the dust settle, her senses keenly attuned to the battlefield. Despite the impact of her last attack, she knows Monsen still draws breath. The bioelectricity within her pulses in rhythm with her heart, a steady thrum of power coursing through her veins. She refuses to relent, and her determination is unyielding.

With a swift motion of her mind, she transforms Aether into a spear, hurling it toward Monsen with precision. There's a dull impact of steel meeting flesh, but still, Monsen persists.

Not one to falter, Yeonha doesn't hesitate. She conjures Aether from a distance into the form of a snake, a lethal coil of energy primed to strike. As the last of the dust clears, she sees Monsen struggling against the ethereal serpent, its form wrapping around him with deadly intent, constricting his movements.

Yeonha advances, her steps purposeful as she closes the distance. She can see the struggle in Monsen's eyes, the realization dawning upon him that he may have underestimated her. But it's too late for regrets now.

With a flick of her wrist, Yeonha commands the Aether-snake to tighten its grip, its form pulsating with energy as it seeks to subdue its prey. Monsen's struggles grow weaker, his defiance waning in the face of her relentless assault.

Yeonha stands over him, her gaze unwavering as she watches the last remnants of resistance fade from Monsen's eyes. Victory is hers, earned through sheer determination and mastery over her powers.

As Monsen lies defeated beneath her, Yeonha allows herself a moment of satisfaction.

The crowd erupts into deafening cheers as the colosseum shakes with the magnitude of Yeonha's victory. Among the spectators, Hermes, the messenger of the gods, watches with admiration as he witnesses the rise of a new champion. "Truly remarkable," he murmurs to himself, his voice barely audible above the roar of the crowd. "In this year, the strongest rookie is none other than Yoo Yeonha from Earth."

As the cheers begin to subside, Yeonha finds herself suddenly enveloped in a blinding light. Before she can comprehend what's happening, she feels the sensation of movement, as if she's being whisked away by some unseen force. When the light finally fades, she finds herself standing in a place unlike any she's ever seen before.

She looks down at herself and realizes she's already dressed for the occasion, her attire seemingly tailored for this mysterious realm. It must be the magic of the Transcendent Plane, or perhaps the power of a Godly Transcendent.

Before she can gather her bearings, Hermes approaches her, his expression one of respect and admiration. He extends his hand towards her, a gesture of congratulations and acknowledgment of her newfound status as a champion.

"Well done, Yeonha," Hermes says, his voice carrying the weight of centuries of wisdom. "You have proven yourself worthy of the title of champion. May your journey continue to be filled with triumphs and victories."

Yeonha clasps Hermes' hand firmly, "Thank you," she replies, her voice steady despite the whirlwind of emotions swirling within her. But the real problem for her is… Where in the world is Jonghak? She looks around and sees a lot of characters around, but then her eyes return to Hermes who stands beside her with an endearing smile.

Hermes is a figure of timeless elegance and grace, embodying the essence of swift movement and boundless energy. His form is statuesque, with a physique that speaks of athleticism and agility. His skin seems to radiate a soft golden hue, reminiscent of the warm glow of the sun at dawn.

His face is chiseled and handsome, with piercing eyes that seem to hold the secrets of the universe within their depths. His gaze is both wise and enigmatic, hinting at a depth of knowledge far beyond mortal comprehension. A mischievous smile plays at the corners of his lips as if he's privy to some cosmic joke that only he understands.

Hermes' attire is both regal and practical, befitting his status as a messenger of the gods. He wears a flowing robe of celestial blue, adorned with intricate patterns that seem to shimmer and shift with every movement. Across his shoulders rests a cloak of pure white, symbolizing his connection to the heavens above.

In his hand, Hermes carries a staff topped with a pair of intertwined serpents, a symbol of his role as a guide between worlds. The staff glows with an ethereal light, casting a warm aura that seems to banish the darkness wherever he goes.

“So,” Hermes smiles. “Earth, huh? Anyways, I’d love to escort you, my lady… If you don’t mind, I’d love to share with you the great things about Olympus—”

As Hermes extends his hand towards Yeonha, congratulating her on her victory and offering her guidance in the Transcendent Plane, a sudden interruption pierces the air. The voice is unmistakable, laced with annoyance and possessiveness.

"Fuck off, Hermes!"

The unexpected arrival of Jonghak sends ripples of tension through the atmosphere, disrupting the serene moment between Yeonha and the messenger of the gods.

Hermes, taken aback by the abruptness of the intrusion, stumbles over his words. "Wh-what!? If it isn’t Shin Jonghak!"

Jonghak strides forward with an air of authority, his gaze fixed firmly on Yeonha. "I said fuck off, she’s with me!"

Yeonha can't help but sigh at Jonghak's crude language and possessive demeanor, but a small smile tugs at the corners of her lips. Despite his rough exterior, she feels a sense of reassurance knowing that Jonghak is here by her side.

With a glance exchanged between them, Yeonha and Jonghak share an unspoken understanding. They may bicker and clash, but when it comes down to it, they have each other's backs. But seriously? Where did Jonghak vanish to? That small fact annoyed Yeonha.

As Hermes recoils from Jonghak's outburst, Yeonha steps forward, her expression calm yet resolute. "Thank you, Hermes," she says diplomatically, "but I think I'll go with Jonghak… We had a prior arrangement."

Hermes, though initially taken aback, offers a gracious nod. "Very well," he concedes, his tone tinged with amusement. "I shall leave you two to your own devices. But remember, should you ever need guidance, the gates of Olympus are always open to you."

With a graceful bow, Hermes takes his leave, disappearing into nothingness with a swirl of celestial energy.

“So,” Yeonha looks at Jonghak sternly. “Where did you go?”

“Uuuhmmm… I swear it is an accident…” Jonghak meekly replies.

2