Chapter 22 – Leaving Skellig Island
562 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two groups were led by Danann and the other Mage governors Gedfring, Skirbil, Thaerin and Ginnar towards the sea. 

One group was Rick and all his companions including their newest recruit Morda, who wanted to explore the world. 

The other group were the remainder of Gut's team, which consisted of Isidro, Serpico, Azan, Isma and Roderick. Scheirke and Farnese followed too, but Schierke and Farnese had decided to stay in Elfhelm together with the two elves Puck and Ivalera. 

Serpico had initially intended to stay with Farnese, but she convinced him to go since this land was not a place for him permanently. On the other hand, Schierke and Farnese belonged here as they were full fledged witches now. 

Isidro initially wanted to stay too with Isma, but decided that he wanted to travel the world and find Guts and Casca again. 

"Are you sure you both want to stay? I do not know if my ship will ever pass this area again" Roderick said, still having some affection for Farnese. 

"My mission was to accompany Guts and help him with Casca. I believe my task has been fulfilled and as I no longer have a home to return to, as a witch, this is the best place for me to continue growing" Schierke said. 

"My place is with my master. Casca no longer needs me, so I too shall stay and continue progressing as a witch. Besides, we will be hunted down by the church if we get back to the main land" Farnese said. 

Roderick nodded and kissed both their hands in a gentleman manner. Serpico walked towards Farnese, who suddenly hugged him.

"Thank you, for all that you've done for me. Now, you are free to find your own destiny" Farnese said. 

Serpico trembled, not knowing how to feel and hugged her in return before silently backing away and rejoining the group. 

"Take care of all of them, Sir Bridge Knight!" Farnese said, looking at Azan. 

Instead of denying his identity, Azan saluted her and said "Rest assured Milady. I will take them all under my wings and keep them safe" he said referring to both Serpico as well as Isidro. 

"Goodbye witch" Isidro said, looking to the floor. He wasn't good at farewells, and Gut's departure was too sudden for him to feel the loss yet. 

"Farewell monkey boy" Schierke said with tears in her eyes. She suddenly rushed and hugged him too. 

"How about you? Do you need a ride?" Roderick asked Rick

"Thanks, but I have my own ship" Rick smiled as they walked towards the beach.

"Where...?" Evangeline said, looking at the empty sea where they left their ship. 

"Did anyone lower the anchor?" Jasmine asked. 

"I did. I am sure of it" Rory answered

"Then.... "Rick said "Damn it, those hippocampi must have wondered off with the ship!" he gasped. 

The rest of his companions slapped their heads while Shiro looked at the sea confused. 

"Ah... why don't you join us on our ship, the Seahorse?" Roderick invited. 

"I guess we will have to take you up on that offer" Rick said reluctantly. 

"Are you sure you want to leave us?" one of the Governors Gedfring asked Morda who was sitting on her flying broom. 

"Yes! I want to spread my wings like her and see the world!" she answered, referring to Schierke. 

"Spread her legs, more likely" one of the other mages whispered only to get a glare from Morda. 

"Ok then, I hope you stay safe and have a good adventure" Danann said as the other mages bade her farewell. 

Just as Roderick gave a signal for his crewmates to come pick them with a small boat, Tatsumaki picked up everyone who couldn't fly as the other companions who could flew directly to the ship.

"Wait!" Schierke suddenly said.

Everyone looked at her as Farnese stepped up with her. 

"We... we will be going after all. Although our mission with Guts is over, but he is still out there fighting those monstrous forces with Casca. I... I can't abandon them like that. I feel my next mission is to help him see this through to the end!" Schierke suddenly said. 

Farnese nodded and said "Me too. This has been weighing on my heart since they left us so suddenly. They won't abandon us in times of need, and neither will we. They think they can do it without burdening us, but we... we have become family. I won't abandon them too" Farnese said. 

Rick smiled as Tatsumaki picked them all up and flew towards the Seahorse.  

Roderick and his group were shocked at how easily Rick's companions did things, as they all had supernatural abilities. 

No wonder even Griffith's army had such a difficult time against them. 

"What an interesting team, that boy Rickert has" Gedfring said. 

"Indeed. They are not from this world after all" Danann said knowingly. 

As they landed in the Seahorse, they started setting sail back to the mainland. Gut's party were pleased that not only had Schierke and Farnese changed their minds, Puck and Ivalera had rejoined them too. 

So they set sail with nearly their entire group besides Guts, Casca and Magnifico who had been killed. 

Several hours later, they could hear Rory cursing. 

Rick and the rest turned to look, only to find the remnants of their ship destroyed on the rocks of a nearby island. 

"Those damn hippocampi! They probably crashed the ship to free themselves" Rory said. 

"Don't be too sure" Mavis said, pointing out at a carcass not too far away. 

It was a hippocampus, with half it's body eaten, leaving a bloody mess in the ocean around it. 

"Poor things must have been attacked" Rick said. 

Rory nodded grimly. 

"Lets get far away from here. The blood and body of the creature is attracting more monsters" Roderick ordered as the ship picked up speed and headed back to the mainland. 

Rick stood on the deck, looking forwards at the sea and was joined by Schierke, Farnese, Serpico and Azan.

"What are your plans now, sir Rickert?" Azan asked.

"Guts and Casca are my only family from my past that I care for. I will be pursuing them and going after Griffith" Rick said.

"So will we. Do you want to join forces?" Schierke. 

"I guess we can do that for now. It's safer in numbers anyway" Rick said.

"Besides, without Guts' and Casca's brand, we won't be hounded every thing and can slip under the radar easier" Scheirke said.

"Don't be too sure about that" Rick said, removing his glove to show his brand, then immediately putting it back on again.

"Oh... sorry, I didn't know" Schierke said.

"So do you still want to join forces?" Rick asked.

"Of course. Having a brand does not change our goals or objectives. We are stronger in a group anyhow" Schierke said. 

And so, the new group landed on the mainland with a new goal. No longer were they on the defensive, fighting a losing battle against the impossible odds of Griffith, the apostles and other monsters.

They were were now hunters with power to hunt and destroy such aberrations of nature.

11