Chapter 23 – Back to Vritannis
426 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Casca leaned on Gut's armored chest. After hunting and killing two apostles in two nights, they lay together in the forest. 

The Skull Knight had already left them somewhere in what was once Midland, leaving them to fend for themselves. 

"How... how are you feeling now Guts?" Casca asked, her hands gently caressing Gut's armor. 

He was unable to remove the armor anymore, lest he dies from all his injuries.

Even now, without the armor, he couldn't see, hear or even fell anything anymore. The armor provided him with his senses and sustenance. He didn't even have to eat anymore. It was as if, he was no longer human. 

"I'm... I'm fine Casca. My body feels stronger than ever, and I feel great. But I know it's just the armor. I'm probably close to dying inside" Guts answered in a strange voice which echoed from within the armor. 

Tears fell down Casca's face as she knew that Guts was no longer human. Maybe he has already began the path where he would end up like the Skull Knight. 

But then, what would that make her? Guts was probably immortal right now, but will she age and die, leaving Guts all alone in the world? 

Then there is also their mission of vengeance. They are out to kill him and avenge the original Band of the Hawks. But what then after that?

There is still Rickert. But he too has changed. He now had his own squad of ridiculously powerful little girls who seemed a match for the apostles. 

Her hand reached under the armor, feeling for Gut's manhood and fondling it. 

"Can you feel this?" she asked, pumping him vigorously. 

"Why.. yes... what are you doing?" Guts asked. 

She was pleasantly surprised it still could stand erect. She was worried that he would rot under the armor and it would rot off or something. 

She removed her panties and opened a small hatch in Gut's armor, releasing his manhood. 

It still looked human, full of blood and hard as he ever was. 

She got onto him and started riding him. 

Guts was pleasantly surprised, for although he was now blind and deaf, and generally didn't feel anything anymore, he could remember this feeling. Although the Berserk armor generally conveyed sights, sounds and even touch to him, what he was feeling now was by his own body, perhaps the only sensation left that he could feel. 

Would this last? Or would he slowly lose this too? He didn't know but he decided to just live for the day and enjoy whatever time he had left with Casca. 

--

The Seahorse anchored at the port in Vritannis as Roderick and the rest of Gut's travelling party, as well as Rick and his companions disembarked from the ship.  

While most of them rested in an in, Farnese, Serpico and Roderick went to the Vandimion Family's estate to inform the Vandimion family of Magnifico's death. 

Of course, they had to leave out important details, most importantly about the savior of mankind Griffith the White Hawk being the cause of Magnifico's death. 

Farnese's father, Federico Vandimion was outraged but he had to concede that the times were such that everything was in chaos and it is only by luck that anyone was even alive. Lady Vandimion was silently crying on the seat by his side. 

He remembered when Farnese departed from the party months ago with the incredible swordsman, with Serpico guarding her, that Magnifico took it on himself to follow them together with Roderick to escape to another place. 

"So, what happened to that great swordsman?" Federico asked. 

"He..ah... he's gone too. There was a large battle and he.. gave his life to save us" Farnese answered, referring to Guts. Of course this was a lie, but the truth would be too complicated to explain as an explanation would include too many unbelievable supernatural facts. 

"So what are your plans now? Are you going to marry Roderick here, and move to Ys?" Federico asked, referring to Roderick who was thurd in line to the throne of Ys.

"That uh... I.. uh" Farnese didn't know how to answer.

"Sir, we are still getting to know each other. Although we have been betrothed to each other, we prefer to get to know each other with more time, perhaps travelling together" Roderick answered.

"I hope getting to know each other wouldn't include getting Farnese pregnant before a grand union of the Vandimion family and the House of  Ys" Federico said.

"Of course not sir. I am afterall a gentleman of Ys" Roderick answered awkwardly

"Indeed" Federico nodded.

They spoke a while more before departing. Farnese hugged her mother and they spent a short conversation in private. 

"Yes sir?" Serpico said, entering the private chambers. 

"In private you may call me father" Federico sighed. 

"Sir?" Serpico asked in surprise. 

"I have already lost a son. I may very well lose more in these chaotic times. So I don't want to lose another one before settling some matter. Although I won't admit to the world that you are my son, I will give you land, and property for being a loyal servant to the house of Vandimion. And I also release you from your duty to protect Farnese" Federico said.

"I.. don't know what to say...sir... I mean Father" Serpico stammered. 

"You don't have to. I know I did you and your mother wrong, and I am glad that you have taken care of Farnese all these years. I have always been a stern father, to all my children. So I don't know if our relationship will be any warmer than it is. But in private, I want to talk to you as my son" Federico said. 

"Of course father" Serpico said, a small tear flowing from his eyes. 

They chatted for a while more before Serpico departed to meet up with the rest. Although he was released of his duty to protect Farnese, he decided to follow her at least until she was officially married, or to the end of this adventure when Farnese finally settles down. 

--

"So, what do we do now?" Isidro asked, looking at the much larger group, now that Rick and his companions had joined them. 

"We head towards Falconia. Guts and Casca will be after Griffith's head. That's where they will be headed, and so should we" Rick said. 

They agreed and upon finding their bearing, started their journey to Falconia.

With Farnese's Vandimion influence, they easily acquired horses for everyone who could ride, and two large carriages for Rick's companions, Isma, Isidro and the witches Morda and Shierke.  

Farnese decided to ride her own horse, and she accompanied Roderick while flanked closely by Serpico and Azan. 

Rick on the other hand drove one of the carriages with most of his companions on board, including Morda. Isidro on the other hand drove a a carriage with Isma, Shierke as well as their travelling supplies. 

Some of Rick's companions like Tatsumaki, Tanya, Wendy, Jasmine, Caizhi, Yami, Nemesis and Mea preferred to fly alongside the party as they were joined by the elves Puck and Ivalera which was an impressive sight. 

9