Chapter 8: (Burning Clock)
412 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was three and a half years old when I finally managed to raise a stat.

Magical regeneration has increased

I was of course ecstatic and threw a party with Tibbers, the toy bear I had gotten for my birthday.

Spurned on by one of my first major successes in this world I diligently continued to train in everything that I could. It was very boring being an adult in a kid's body, little to no interesting literature in our house, inability to play with other children without dying of boredom and some things simply out of my reach. Therefore I was already spending all the time I could on productive uses of my time.

If past me could see me now.

I wondered if the magical world had a library, it would most likely be heavily censored in terms of magic but I was more interested in magical forms of entertaining literature.

I had been an avid reader in the past, I stopped that train of thought and got back to work.

A month after that I was rewarded by my Magic stat increasing as well and I was finally able to effectively emit magic from my hands.

Ron Weasley

The Immortal

Str: G+

Agi:G+

Vit: F-

Reg: F

Magic: G+

Magic reg:G

The day after finally managing the hand emission I sat down on the floor with a glass of water nearby and tried to create fire with just my will. I had always seen thermodynamics as one of the simple sciences and every wizard ever seemed to start with either a light or a fireball.

Sadly it didn't work.

I tried again this time I imagined the atoms above my palm vibrating and I noticed the air grow warm. My magic reserve empty, I stopped. This would take a while, that I was at this point, a 100% sure of, but at least now I knew that conceptualization helped.

Later that day I assigned the creation of a fireball a gesture, snapping my fingers and an incantation, Fuego.

"Fuego"

a small flame the size of my thumbnail flickered to life in the air. I decided that I would learn this with the incantation and the gesture.

I simply couldn't bring myself to delay learning magic any longer.

Doing magic was orgasmic in a way. Addicting.

Changing reality itself, manipulating forces that others couldn't touch with anything else but their imagination.

I wondered how wizards hadn't gone mad with the power. After a few moments spent pondering their society, clothing and general mentality, I deduced.

They probably had.

From that day on I almost religiously practised my flame making spell as many times as I could, which wasn't much honestly, maybe three to four times a day. I tried creating some other spells, but nothing really worked out as well as fire did. Humans had an innate understanding of hot and cold, fire was the one of the first and most important tools we had learned to wield.

It had allowed us to cook food so it was more digestible, which freed up energy from the digestion process, the free energy then moved on to develop our brains. It wasn't too far fetched that without fire humans wouldn't exist. It made sense that we had an affinity with the element.

-/-

It was at night that I slipped out of my room and stealthily moved to the ground floor of our house. Breathing shallowly, my palms sweaty I tried to not step on any of the squeaky stairs. The punishment for sneaking downstairs after bedtime would be simple but I didn't want to let anyone know what I could do.

I calmed down considerably when I arrived onto the ground floor.

Walking over to the family clock I marvelled at its complexity, truly it was maybe the greatest masterpiece I had ever seen.

It was also the only magical thing left unexplored in my quest to level my magical sense, except for my parent's bedroom.

If my family saw me almost sensually caressing the thing they would probably be freaked out. Rightly so, there would be no discernable reason for the action in their minds, which might suggest me having mental issues in the extreme case.

The magic in the thing was so unbelievably complicated and powerful I was sure it would take me two months to fully grasp it.

It didn't.

Take me two months that is.

It took me two and a half years.

-/-

I was six years old and lounging in my room thinking about what to do next, all the magical things had been thoroughly sensed. The only thing missing was the master bedroom and the garage.

I had initially forgotten about that place since it wasn't directly part of the house, I had tried to remedy that, but it was warded, probably by dad.

I opened my skills window.

Magical sense (passive) lv. 20 Exp: 38%

Sense the magic around you

-range 1 meter

Stealth (active) lv. 8 Exp:12%

the man lurking in the shadows

2% noise suppression

2% less visibility

What I had noticed about my sensing skill was that the higher level it became the better I could differentiate between types of magic and that it's range did not grow linearly unlike my stealth skill.

At lv. 1 of stealth I had 0.25% noise and visibility suppression and at lv.4 I had had 1%.

I hadn't the faintest clue what that meant but I would find out.

"Fuego"

A tennis ball sized fireball appeared in the air I grinned. Then I frowned, sure the fire looked quite menacing with its green flame but I couldn't move the damn thing. That would be the next step.

I looked out of my circular window beyond our garden, the plains behind it and into the forest beyond.

"It's time to start exploring the outside world."

 
19