Chapter 29
226 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Spatial magic was a peculiarity. I was fairly certain wizards didn't even know they could categorize it as such, which lead to almost no research being made about it.

The few pieces of magic that fell under the category, that I knew about, were, space-extension charms, apparition and switching spells.

The switching spell was interesting. I had heard it was pretty hard to learn, but I had managed it in a week giving even more credence to the possibility I had an affinity for spatial magic. My first clue having been the fact that I could apparate intercontinentally with my paltry connection to magic.

Truly, being talented in an unknown branch of magic was a weird situation to be in, on one hand, if you used it in combat, no one would know what the hell was going on.

I sighed, on the other hand, you basically had to create spells from scratch.

I could take arithmancy in third year, it was a subject that I honestly did not want to attempt on my own. I would just have to study already existing spatial magic. I balked at practicing the space extension charm though, it was almost notoriously difficult, and any failures at applying it could be disastrous.

Instead I was practicing the switching spell.

“Permuto“

Watching as two almost identical rocks switched places was fascinating from a magical perspective. They were there. And suddenly they were somewhere else.

A funny thing about the switching spell was that depending on your mindset, it was either a transfiguration spell or a spatial spell.

If a wizard believed, that the way the objects switch places was that the spell copied the molecular build of one object and vice versa. Well that was what would happen.

If however, you went in with the mindset of switching the objects by swapping their location in the dimensional grid. That would happen, at about 10 times the magical cost.

The imagery for the spatial casting of the spell was interesting as well.

You imagined the two two objects you were attempting to switch, the more identical properties the better.

Their name started with the same letter, they had the same composition or even the same use in society. Stuff like that.

Then you bound a string between the objects, grabbed the middle of the string and pulled.

Expect that there was no string, the identity of the objects was completely subjective and you had to change the wand gesture to the infinity symbol.

I thought about the similarities between a rock and air.

Both made out of atoms, part of the greek elements and something that was in the same dimension.

“Permuto“

I watched in complete glee as the rock appeared where the air had been. This would be very helpful, and then I blacked out.

-/-

I was laying in an unfamiliar bed. I immediately flared out my magical sense, calming down after feeling Tonks’ signature sleeping in a sitting position next to me I wondered what I had done to land myself in a hospital.

“You know the robes of the patients here are enchanted to glow slightly when they wake up.“

A voice I didn't recognize.

Snapping my eyes open I looked at the woman standing at the door. I had to ogle her a bit.

She looked almost like a more put together version of...

“Bella?“ Seeing the woman freeze and a cold mask slowly settle on her face I realized my mistake.

“Have you met my sister?“ She was looking at me like she would kill if I said something wrong.

Time to bluff myself out of this.

“Babe you know I'd never cheat on you.“ By the rapid blinking, my tactic was succeeding.

“Have we met?” The woman asked in an unsure voice.

I gave her my best seductive smile, that I knew made me look like a retard.

“Uhhhh Melissa?“ The woman I had identified as the mother of my girlfriend blinked.

“That's not my name.“

“Uh Oh, Samantha right, you look very similar to a uuhhhhh cousin of mine got confused for a moment.”

Andromeda blinked at me in confusion. So I raised my hammer for the final nail in the coffin.

“Ok, I just want you to know that whatever you got, definitely wasn't from me, I always use protection and I have a clean bill of health.“

“We haven't had sex!” Growling the elder Tonks.

“We haven't?” I gave her my best confused look then widened my eyes in realization.

“Ohhh, well I've never been approached so fast before, but sadly I can't at the moment.” I looked to my girlfriend sleeping on the chair.

“My uhh, sister is right here and I just woke up after who knows long. The nurse outfit is very hot and any other time I'd be willing to let you 'take care' of me. Maybe next thursday?”

Andromeda shrieked in frustration and stomped out of the room.

The woman who had apparently been pretending to sleep on the chair next to me started laughing so hard she fell on the floor and would have started rolling on it if not for oxygen deprivation.

“That was the most brilliant thing I've ever heard!” She slowly righted herself up despite still giggling, but contrary to her giggling she gave me a look promising death.

“Now where do you know my aunt from?” I sat up ramrod straight pointed behind her and shouted.

“Death Eater.” She deadpanned at me causing me to shrug my shoulders.

“Was worth a try.”

“Don't try to worm out of this one, if you don't answer the question we're done.” I gave a resigned sigh.

“Can we just keep it at the fact, that your aunt was in fact, a quite pretty, not crazy witch once upon a time?” She narrowed her eyes at me.

What, it was the first excuse that came to my mind.

“How old are you exactly.”

I touched my pointer fingers together and mumbled.

“43.” She gave me her best 'wtf' face eliciting another shrug from me.

“Well you never asked.”

13