054 – When Titans Collide
259 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

KONOHA​

Fuen watched the ongoing brawl with a healthy smattering of trepidation.

The earth beneath her feet shuddered as her employer’s three-headed summon tackled the sand-coloured tanuki into the ground. The raccoon dog roared, clawing and kicking at its chimeric opponent to no avail as its great bulk was ploughed into the earth. A flaming orb of chakra formed in front of the central face of the Uchiha’s summon; the air warping as the molten sphere spawned into existence between its ornamental skeletal jaws.

The giant toad that had been watching the tussle from the side chose that very moment to intervene, launching its two-pronged sasumata (A.N.: spear fork) at the Uchiha’s summon with such speed as to send a thunderclap rippling through the air. The weapon struck the side of the chimera’s fused heads, knocking it off balance and throwing its aim just wide enough for the molten orb in its maw to go careening off towards the horizon where it collided it a small hill, promptly deleting it from existence.

The chimaera righted itself, gliding on its twelve limbs to face the toad, the crimson eyes on its right head blazing with malevolence as struck towards it with three of its blade-like tails. Its other six tails shoot downwards, impaling the racoon dog. The toad raised its giant shield as it deflected the attack; inadvertently blinding itself to the crackling orb of electricity forming in its opponent’s false maw.

Fuen subconsciously retreated a few steps in fear as the giant toad was flung backwards by the ensuing detonation before crashing back into the village, its great metal shield slagged.

That, Fuen noted, was not a battle she wanted to be anywhere near. Unfortunately for her, however, that was not a decision she could make herself. A mere glance at the dark-haired kunoichi who ferried her and her team to the battlefield made it abundantly clear to her that backing out was no longer an option. Kage stood on the side of the building they were perched upon, her face set into a pensive frown; not a hint of trepidation in her gaze as she watched a great, wooden humanoid creature crash into the side of their employer’s three-headed, chimeric summon—The newcomer had an oni-like face and a wooden dragon wrapped around its torso.

“Fuen!” Fuen heard Kage call, startling her out of her thoughts.

“Yes?”

“It’s time.”

Fuen exhaled as she retrieved the giant scroll strapped to her back. She unfurled it and laid it down on the floor to reveal a detailed sketch of Konohagakure and its surrounding terrain. Focusing on the scroll, she infused it with her chakra and began to weave hand signs whilst trying her hardest to ignore the terrain-altering battle taking place just a few miles away in front of her.

Hitsuji → Usagu → Hebi → Tatsu → Ne → Ushi → Tora → Usagi → Hebi → Tatsu → Ne → Ushi → Tora → Hebi → Tiger → Ushi → Hebi → Tora → Usagi → Horse → Tatsu → Ne → Hebi → Tora → Hebi → Ne → Ushi → Tora → Usagi → Hebi

“Barrier Defence Seal Jutsu: Eight Gate Lock-Up!”

Another rumble shook the earth as four giant gates began to emerge from the earth at the four cardinal points of the village. The next moment, a dome-like barrier phased into existence to isolate the village from the outside world.

Fuen rose from her crouch and took a few steps back, to allow Fudo space to interface with the scroll. Wordlessly, the tall man slit his palm and flicked a few drops of blood on the scroll before weaving five hand signs. The blood on the scroll sizzled and disappeared in small plumes of white smoke.

For a moment, it almost looked as if nothing happened. The great battle outside the barrier persisted still, the earth rumbling as it was abused by powers far beyond Fuen’s ken. The great toad that had been launched out of combat by the chimaera’s surprise attack still lay in the cratered village centre, unmoving. Civilians swarmed about in great stampedes in an attempt to evade the all-encompassing carnage, whilst Konoha shinobi ran about, trying with limited success to establish some sort of order.

Then came the great rumbling. Great canyons and cliffs rose within the village from the earth as a dizzying maze, summoned from the ether choke-full of mines and death traps. Fuen stared in morbid awe at the unfolding of her masterpiece. Shinobi and civilians alike died in droves, murdered at a wholesale scale and rate that googled her imagination.

The wooden giant outside the barrier turned around, its attention swivelling from the chimeric thing it was battling to face the growing catastrophe. Then, seemingly without thought, it turned on its heels—ignoring the chimaera as it gouged great chunks out of its torso—and dove straight for the barrier. It instantly caught on fire as it fell through and started burning away; from the ashes of its corpse, a great forest grew, great roots and trunks branching out to stall and contain the rising maze.

Fuen watched amazed as roots and branches whipped out to snatch civilians and shinobis both out of the air as they fell to their deaths before depositing them safely on the clifftops. Many were saved.

Many more were not.

When Titans collide, the weak inevitably get trampled.

11