Chapter 8- A new possibility (4)
67 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked at both my Instructor and her son, seeing their bewildered expression allowed me to know that what I did was not normal; but I don't know which part was abnormal, either the aura the enveloped me or the fact that i absorbed the leaking aura. But I didn't really care as I knew I should prepare because I would meet the head of the clan soon. 

"Excuse me is there any place I can watch up, training really made me dirty and I have to meet the clan leader soon." 

I asked politely and quietly not trying to surprise them when they looked like they were not functioning.

"Down...the hall...inside the main building." 

Persephone Cheonsa answered, albeit quite incoherently.

"Thank you for the lesson, see you later." 

I left to clean up and go to the main building. 

I finished cleaning up after asking a maid for directions when I got inside the main building. I then asked a patrolling guard were the clan leader would be found, after some questioning my identity, he guided me there.  

There stood a huge blue door with a white flaming sword with angel wings on it. The door was probably was big as 6 of me stacked vertically. 

I said my name to both guards standing on each side of the door and they opened the door while announcing my name out loud.

There I saw a man on a seat which looked like a throne that was a couple levels higher than the rest of the ground. Then I saw few people sitting on the both sides of him perpendicularly. Their seating platform was less elevated than the man on the throne but still higher than where I was standing. I saw 2 familiar faces, my mother and also Persephone Cheonsa. It seemed as though only those of the direct clan bloodline could sit. 

I saw 1 man standing beside the man on the throne, his face empty of any emotion, looked like the personification of an ideal Guard. I assumed him to be the right hand man of the man sitting on the throne. The man sitting on the throne could be easily inferred as the clan head and also my grandfather.

I felt the room get colder and the air in the room got thicker. There was a heavy pressure in the room, it felt like the world was crashing down. This wasn't the first time I felt this though, my grandfather in my previous life would exert pressure with his spirit but it seems like my current grandfather is exuding pressure with his qi. 

This allowed me to confirm a thought I had, the amount of qi he was using I shouldn't be able to stand and walk; but that was what I was doing. The only reason why is because my spirit is helping me, which confirms that spirit and qi can interact with each other. The power my  spirit is currently better than me in the previous life when I had opened the third gate. 

Everyone in the room seemed surprised that I looked fine and was continuing to walk toward them, even the clan leader had a slight look of confusion. Then he stopped using his qi pressure and spoke.

"State your name"

Those simple words not spoken very loudly was heard across the room so I assume he put qi in his voice. 

I tried to do the same with qi, even though I had just learned it, I thought he spoke to me with qi in his voice and wanted my response to be with qi in my voice.

"My name is Ares Zenith"

It didn't work but had the opposite effect. 

I blushed in embarrassment.

I looked over at everyone's reaction, I saw my mom almost laughing while saying 'so cuteeee' under her breath. It seemed that  Persephone my Instructor thought it was quite funny, my grandfather had a seemingly stoic face but I could see his lips quivering while his right hand man still looked completely serious. 

"Ahem" 

My grandfather cough to get everything back on topic. 

"Yes you are Ares Zenith, son of Eleos Haneul, grandson of Raphiel Haneul, but even though you are of direct clan blood you do not have the last name. You wonder why?"

It was something that did bug me, I wonder why they didn't give me the last name, I thought that my mother was banished but clearly not, nothing to do with me not having the power. The only odd thing is about my father, he is nowhere to be seen, he is either dead or... the reason why I don't share the last name Haneul.

"Does it have something to do with my father."

I asked in my normal voice without putting qi in it.

"Indeed your father isn't apart of this clan, which wouldn't really matter but... IT"S BECAUSE HE'S THE SOLE HEIR TO THE HYUN CLAN. MY DAUGHTER COULD HAVE GONE FOR ANY MAN AND I WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN THIS UPSET."

Hyun clan? It has the same name as the demonic sect in my previous life. I would assume it would be similar, as this is the Haneul clan which is heaven, then I'm guessing the Hyun clan is the opposite.

"I see"

I answered quite nonchalantly but looked at mother and she seemed to be embarrassed to death at her father yelling about her being with my father. 

"Father pleawsee control yourself in front of Ares." 

She said quietly but mispronounced please because of her embarrassment.

"Ahem... Yes you're right anyway the reason I called you was to see you for the first time and say hello but also goodbye."

'...Those are some ominous words almost sounds like he wanted to see me for the first time before killing me.' 

But I can't overreact and judging by my mom's sad but quiet expression it doesn't seem like I'm going to get killed but something not good.

"The reason you have the last name Zenith is because when me and that bastard found your angelic mother and that devilish bastard, she was already pregnant and we decided that instead of going to war for you, we could share you."

Why does it feel like I'm property split between two people. Well rather than feeling like that it seems that it's true, and judging by the fact that they decided not to go to war the two clans are probably equal in strength which would cause both to be destroyed if they went to a full blown out war.

"So how am I getting shared."

I asked questioning whether they changed their mind and decided not to give me up to the Hyun clan.

"Well we decided that the first 5 years we get you and the next 5 years they get you... but because of that I can only see you once in 10 years... Grrr. But your mother couldn't stand the idea of you being born the being taken away from her, probably her maternal instincts which wanted to be with you through your young days. But an escort will come to take you to your new home for the next 5 years."

Raphiel Haneul said begrudgingly. 

"Can I bring mom and nanny?"

I asked because it seemed they would miss me a lot and though I've only been here for 5 years I got attached to them because this was the first time in my combined life of 105 years to have a mother and nanny.

"Absolutely not, although I would want to say it's because I don't want her to see that slimey devil anymore, it's because she's busy. Though she did do less work due to taking care of you and wanting to spend more time with you, your mother has to do double the normal work in the next 5 years."

It seems the reason I saw mother for probably less than 6 hours a day was because she was still doing work. if her having 6 hours of free time is half the work then normal work would allow her to only have 3 hours of free time and if its double the normal work I fear she would have to work, sleep, eat for the next 5 years.

"Anyway you can introduce yourself to everyone individually and then say goodbye to your mother and nanny then get ready to leave."

Said my grandfather before walking towards me patting my head then leaving, along with his right hand man who gave me a head nod.

I went to the people sitting on the chairs trying to be social and talk to them all, I introduced myself to my two uncles who are much older than my mother and then my cousins who are all probably above the age of 20. It was kind of awkward but I did my best, my Mom's oldest brother looked grumpy and acted grumpy, he had a son and daughter; his son was similar to him but his daughter was a bit different. She seemed to want to talk and interact but couldn't because of her father. Her lips were twitching when I introduced myself to her. My second Uncle who seemed like a happy person and his son also looked quite happy. I introduced myself to Persephone Cheonsa again and she was quite sad that I was leaving. I saw one more lady and I introduced myself and she hugged me while saying how cute I was, she was my grandmother. Both my Grandparents didn't look a day over 30. I introduced myself to my mother and then grabbed her hand asked her if we could go home now.

When we got home it was quiet, my mother, nanny and I packed clothes and some basic supplies for the journey. When we heard a knock at the door it was a unknown woman. 

"Hello Aunt, It's been awhile."

It seemed that this person was my grand aunt from my father's side. She's dressed in an all black suit and with black hair and red eyes, which seems like the trait of the Hyun clan, while the Haneul clan has white hair and blue eyes; while I had grey hair and purple eyes seemly a perfect mix between the colors. Which makes me wonder, the instructor from the public training hall probably thought I was an orphan that got taken in for my talent which is why he mistook me as apart of the public training.

Then my Aunt jumped and hugged my mom.

"OMGG It's been tooo long, you should've come to visit."

Indeed I didn't expect anyone from the Hyun clan to act like this.

Then she looked over at me then stopped hugging my mother and stood in front of me looking down on me, I thought maybe she didn't like me but no... she picked me up and hugged me while spinning and screaming about how cute I was. She then froze then looked at what I assume to be qi and then looked at my mother.

"Yeap Aunt Perse said that on their first day today he did that in one go after he learned how to circulate his qi after she showed him 2 trips then he did it by himself and made the lower dantian and absorbed the qi aura that leaked out. Even Grandpa couldn't believe it and then...

It seems Instructor Persephone's nickname is Perse and she's my aunt? That probably means she's my grandfather's sister because if she was my grandmother's sister she wouldn't have been able to attend the main blood only meeting. So I guess I was right in assuming that what I did was completely surprising as even grandfather was surprised. I noticed that his spirit was quite powerful, which means there is a correlation between qi and spirit. It seems Qi helps the body and also the spirit same way that spirit helps the mind and also helps qi. Which means It's possible to Reach Divinity using Qi.

Qi and spirit both interact with the 9 gates of enlightenment which means I could maybe reach a level much more powerful than thought to be powerful in the previous world. 2 seperate energies that are similar but different, mixed in with the 9 gates which would make both of them stronger. It seems that this is going to be a fulfilling life.  

 

2