Chapter 9- Duality
64 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I made a goal to reach divinity in both qi and 9 gates. With this healthy body of mine I would try to achieve something I couldn't in a 100 years. 

I packed everything and I was ready to leave, my mother and nanny hugged me while crying when saying our goodbyes. 

I left to where my father and see how this world's hyun clan would be like. 

On the way my grand-aunt who's name is Hestia Hyun warned me about what it's like outside the clan's protection.

"It's survival of the fittest, many monsters are roaming around looking for prey to eat and many humans are out looking for the target to rape and rob. "

Well that's how most the world was in my past life, there were very few little good things but the the bad was abundant, anywhere you look you can find evil but good is found in scarcity. 

I was informed it would be a 3 day journey on foot to reach the city then another 2 days on carriage. After walking a day outside of the Haneul clan, we seemed to enter an area where the clan has no influence. Although monster didn't exist in my previous world, I learned that humans are the biggest monsters. Monster act on instinct and do things without thought while humans deliberately know they do evil and still continue to do so.

We finally ran into a monster, and quite a few of them. They were humanoid green and short creatures. They had crooked teeth and looked quite ugly. Grandaunt Hestia tried to exterminate them so they wouldn't bother us but I tugged on her suit jacket and she looked at me. 

"Can I try fighting them?" 

I looked at her with shining eyes. She seemed hesitant but decided that is anything goes wrong she could step in to help.

"Although your cultivation is amazing for your first time circulating it, you lack martial arts and proper understanding of qi usage...but it would be a good practical so you know how real battle feels like."

She agreed thinking that me realising the difference between real battle and what someone would fantasize a battle to be would be an important life lesson.  What she didn't know was that I had more combat experience than her and the hyun clan leader combined. When I was growing up all, most the clans in the murim decided we were evil and that we had to be purged so we were at battle with the world for many years. I've killed millions and the war finally ended when Grandpa opened the 9th gate, everyone realized that fighting the hyun demonic clan would be suicide when the demonic master achieved Divinity.  

I got ready for battle, I would try fighting using my qi, I could try fighting with my spirit but I had too much spirit compared to my body, I big and strong for 5 years old but still 5 years old; I had to wait slowly for my body to grow and for my bones to fuse properly before I can use my full strength. 

I started circulating my qi into my dantian faster, which seemed to increase my battle sense and body's power. I then used the qi from my dantian and distributed it to my legs to make me much faster and explosive, I got ready and charged at the group of green, small monsters.

I then jumped when I was quite the few meters away and did a flying sidekick to decapitate one of the monster's head, I landed and redirected the flow and went to the next monster, took some qi of from my legs when I reached my next target and threw a left jap which looked and sounded like a whip and it blew off one side of the monster's head and his brain was leaking out. 

I did notice that they bled in green too, which was quite interesting, I did not want to show any martial arts from my previous life as that would be suspicious and might blame my mother, thus all the movements I did were quite basic.

I thought that it would be boring to kill them all one by one, I counted how many remained 10 left alive, 2 dead. I decided I would herd them up and keep them in close proximity and kill them all at once. The monsters just realized what had happen, 2 of their friends or maybe family just died and then they saw me with green blood all over my foot and fist which I shaked off. With anger they all tried to charge at me all at once. I quickly jumped up and exploded by qi by circulating my qi very fast I tried to use 90% of my total qi in one attack. I also added some spirit power which was too abundant,  I gathered all the qi and some spirit energy into my hand and I pushed down at the group of 10 goblins bunched together and saw the energy ball land in the middle of the herd and explode. all the globins died. 

I looked over at Aunt Hestia. She looked like she just saw a ghost. 

2