Chapter 12- Don city (2)
49 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We told the guards that we would take their master to his father. There was a small crowd gathering around and as they saw the lifeless body of the young master of their city rather than being sad or angry they looked extremely happy. That clued in on the fact that he was probably a terrible person to everyone more so to those without power.

As we reached the main building of the city, the guards looked on guard when they saw their young master unconscious and being carried by us.

"This mister fainted so we decided to bring him back to his home."

I said as Hestia showed them the Hyun family identification. They agreed to let us through. We made it right outside the Count's room while constantly explaining the situation to guards. I knocked 3 times. 

Someone I presumed to be the Count opened the door, he seemed surprised to his son and then even more surprised to see Hestia. 

"Lady Hestia what do I owe this privilege to."

He was very respectful which clued me in that, the Hyun clan had more authority than a Count in his own city. Hestia explained the situation and I saw fire in his eyes, his son was probably gonna be punished pretty severely. 

"I sincerely apologize Madam Hestia for my idiotic son is there anything I can do to make up for it"

He said sincerely, on the way here Hestia explained to me the relationship between nobility and martial arts clan. Apparently nobility use money to form contracts to either train their guards and soldiers or pay to have the clan's protection or power in times of battle. Most nobility would not want to get on the bad side of any big Clans especially not one of the 5 strongest clans. It seems that in exchange for our service we get supplies and money. So I decided what I wanted. I tugged at Hestia's suit jacket and looked at her, she seemed to understand what I wanted to say. 

"Count Domini this is my Grandnephew Ares and I will leave the negotiation to him."

"Ah yes my lady, I greet young master Ares."

I smiled at him and he seemed quite happy because he assumed because of my age I might just ask for something small like candy. 

"Your son was quite rude, he threatened to kill us and swore a lot at us, even after we revealed our identity he told his guards to attack us."

It was a white lie and mostly exaggeration, but with his son  passed out and his guards still out on the streets there was no way on figuring out the truth right now. Count Domini looked terrified and almost ready to kill his son for forgiveness.

"Normally to such disrespect the Hyun clan would kill them and everyone close to them, but I'll make an exception this one time."

I don't think they usually did that I just made it up to increase his fear and offer more than before. 

"I deeply apologize, I will do whatever to pardon my son's mistake."

He said bowing his body 90 degrees. 

"Okay, the Hyun will forgive you if you increase the supplies and money you give us by 25%."

I said 25% as it was quite high an increase for no extra benefit for them but I don't expect the Count the haggle when he knows we could ask for much worse. 

"Consider it done sir." 

The Count said with sadness but it was something he couldn't argue with. I looked up at Hestia and smiled brightly, she also smiled and patted my head.

0