Chapter 27: Research
707 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**Levitation sect**
**Outer sect hall**

The outer sect hall was bustling with activity as always with different outer sect disciples going about their business.

The hall was big with multiple rooms that each serve a different purpose and in one of these room was Meng Lin sitting down and shuffling through books.

Today Meng Lin had decided to go to the library to read upon spirit beast and puppets and any related techniques.

Now that she had broken through to the foundation establishment realm she is easily able to comprehend things more as she was already on her third book.

For some reason the old man was not here today, there was only a sigh by the counter with the rules of the library on it.

At the door of the library was an array which she assumed to react for those that break the rule upon leaving the library.

She decided to read the books here as one of the rule was to only take two book out, she didn’t want to test the array by taking more books than necessary, the old man seemed way too mysterious to her.

Closing the third book she sighed a little upon learning more information about puppets.

The time and resources that goes into creating foundation establishment realm puppets is a lot.

And to just leave 6 such puppets lying around like they didn’t matter is what was bothering her.

She was glad that she got out of the valley fast, now she doesn’t plan on going there anymore.

Not unless she was confident with her self, taking the only books about “beast eggs” and “raising spirits beasts” she decided that she had learnt enough for today.

Getting out the door, she felt the array lit before going back to normal, since she had what she needed she left the outer sect hall which seemed to be bustling even more then ever.

Reaching her cave Meng Lin decided to meditate a little to digest what she had just read.

2 hours later she woke up and decided to go back to something that she had put aside for a while now, her mutated Elemental Qi.

It says mutated but Meng Lin highly doubt that it meant that her spirit root itself would mutate, she could assume that it means that her spiritual qi would have the properties of Mud and Erosion which are both combination of earth and water.

Of course seeing the mutation she naturally assumed that if she was to put herself in a situation where she could perceive the state in between fire and wind that she would have a different property added towards her overall elements.

However she still does not know of a scenario where that might happen, but all that was for the future as today she wants to bring up her percentage with the mud and the erosion to see what would really happen.

Leaving the cave she started heading towards a small area by the side of her cave, it was a small stream of water that was flowing through the mountain.

Everytime that she leaves her cave she would always notice it by the side but since she didn’t care for it she would just leave it alone, yet now it has a use.

Arriving at the steam she opened her system, browsing through her system market she was given a small surprise to suddenly notice a few new items on the list.

She had not looked through her system market after the system update but it was still within her expectation that something like this would happen so she was not overly surprised.

Buying 8 formless water talisman she casually spent 400 system coins so she wouldn’t have to open the system market over and over again.

Eight glowing talisman appeared infront of her, she took one in her hand while she sent the rest into the inventory with her thought.

Not taking off her clothes she jumped into the stream while crushing the talisman once again entering the stage of formlessness.

**Elsewhere**

Approximately 20 miles away from the levitation sect was a large venue with rows of seats where powerful cultivators currently reside, a stage was erected at the center of the venue with a big barrier surrounding the stage.

At the highest point of the venue were two seats that were designed extravagantly, currently no one was occupying these seats while half the surrounding seats were fully packed with all sorts of cultivators, half of the venue was full yet quite at the same time.

Sitting on the left side of the two seats was Long Yi and Xiao Riu, the advisor and the son of the sect master of the levitation sect, they too were quite like everyone else and seemed to be waiting for something.

Even though everyone seemed to be quietly waiting for something, most of them were having conversations between themselves under the vail of their spiritual consciousness, an ability that all cultivators inherently get after reaching the foundation establishment realm.

One such conversation was taking place between a grey robed old man and a blue robed man, the blue robed man was sitting with an anticipating look in his eyes, while the grey robed old man looked stoic with a bored expression.

“What’s taking so long” said the blue robed man with a little annoyance.

“Haven’t you been to one of these before, it always takes time” the grey robed old man had his eyes closed while he answered.

“I know but I can’t wait to see what shen’er has to show after all my efforts” the blue robed man said with a huge smile, he was proud of himself for having done so much for his diciple.

“If he can make it to the top 20 then it was worth it”

“Yes” the blue robed man said while thinking about all the diciples participating in the competition.

“I heard that Gong Rou, the first ranked inherent diciple broke through to the Soul Wondering realm a week ago, it’s amazing that we’re having so many diciples surpass us” the blue robed man said as he thought about the current news.

“Yes the previous generation did not reach that realm before being appointed as sect elders” the grey robed old man thought back to the past as he answered.

As these two were getting absorbed in their conversation, their surrounding cultivators suddenly began to spread their consciousness outside the venue towards a certain direction.

Noticing this action they too spread their consciousness in that direction.

5 miles away from the venue was a flying ship that was adorned with multiple wings and spectacular arrays at the bottom of the ship.

The ship was moving fast, having traveled 2 miles in the second that it came into view as it began to descend before landing a few meters away from the venue.

31