Chapter 49: Testing Limits
496 6 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Waterfall slash”

Above the trees of the Orchid Spring Mountain, a big crescent slash of water shot up with lightning cracks at a fast speed before crashing against one of the wings of a large Hawk.

Rumble

Every animal around the area could hear a loud rumbling sound that filled the air as the body of the Hawk crashed onto the ground.

Having been dealt a severe blow, the Hawk, a rank 2 spirit beast of the late stage was writhing in pain, howling and yelping as its massive wings fluttered around uncontrollably.

“Waterfall slash” a familiar calm voice sounded in the distance, and soon, a similar crescent slash filled with water and lightning appeared before heading towards the defenseless Hawk.

Boom

A large explosion filled the air, accompanied by the sound of a yelp as the Hawk became no more.

Slowly a gray figure with an axe walked out of the trees before stopping at the edge of the explosion, it was none other than Meng Lin who held a dissatisfied look in her eyes.

“Not enough” she said as she thought about how easily she was able to take care of the Hawk, when she was at the early stage of the Foundation Establishment Realm she was able to hold her own against a spirit beast at the middle stage, a-bit with the use of the Thunderbolt Flash Technique.

And it was the same now that she was at the middle stage, it would seem that she would have to be going against the strongest spirit beast around if she ever expects to see her limits now.

As for how to identify the strongest Spirit beast, she thought to use one of the items that were in her possession now, one of the items that she had in her inventory, the Visonary Lamp.

From the explanation of that hooded man, it was this item that was able to locate her without her knowing and it would be this item that she would use.

As for why she didn’t try to find out through her spiritual consciousness, it was because of just how vast the mountain was, she could only roughly cover about 80 meters with her spiritual consciousness while this mountain was hundreds if not thousands of meters wide with areas that she couldn’t possibly know without careful observation and time, which she doesn’t have a lot of.

“System”

[Meng Lin]

[special physique: Brute Qi physique]

[Foundation Establishment Stage(middle)]

[Experience points: 24%]

System coin:1240

Taoist Gacha wheel: unavailable

[Spiritual root]

[Water>Fire>Gold>Wood>Earth]

[Mutated spirit root]
[Mud]
Comprehension 35%
[Erosion]
Comprehension 36%

[Cultivation methods: Basic Qi Gathering] [Focused Qi control] [Waterfall slash] [Refine Yin Qi] [Surge] [Thunderbolt Flash] [Formless Cultivation method] [Market]

Opening the inventory panel she took out the lamp which still radiated red light, she still remembered the little sentence about this lamp.

“It can make you see anything you want in your surroundings” although crude in the way it was said, it made her realize how much of an importance it held if they had to send someone at the late stage of the Foundation Establishment Realm just to look over it.

Holding it by its handle she poured qi into the Visonary Lamp which caused the red light to brighten up, her gaze suddenly shifted from her eyes into a wide range of the area as in the next second she could see her whole body, even the top of her head and all the details around her.

Adding more qi into the lamp she saw her view becoming wider and wider before gazing at herself as just a dot in the cluster of trees around her.

although the view was wonderful it was not her objective, thinking about what was said about the lamp she concentrated her thoughts onto spirit beasts, ‘the strongest spirit beast around’.

At once the view zoomed through the trees concentrating on the strongest being in the region and in the next second her vision was shifted to a clearing in the middle of the mountain, the sight that greeted her was alarming as she beheld a group of ten giant black apes in a rocky landscape with tall flowers of Orchid Spring Flowers.

The apes were big, rough in size and as large as an elephant and they each exuded large amounts of spiritual energy, with several of them possessing the aura of high ranking spirit beast, likely at the the peak stage of the Foundation Establishment Realm.

Having received her answer she cut off her supply of qi with the lamp, with her vision seemingly reversing back and landing on her eye view again.

“Oh” she said in slight surprise as she felt her balance return to her, she held herself up with the axe in her hand and blinked her eyes, her eyes were dizzy and her vision was blurred, but she already knew that this was an effect of using the Lamp.

Taking a few seconds to clear her mind she began to think once again about what she saw, roughy 10 massive apes with the strongest sprit beast of this mountain being one of them.

She began to play out scenarios in her head and thought about her options, she knew that if she went in there as she was now then she would be attacked by all of them and she would likely not be able to take them all down.

She looked down at her giant axe before shaking her head, she only has this axe and one other sword in her arsenal and she knew that they would not be enough.

The axe was already cracked and a few more uses would destroy it while the sword would be destroyed instantly after one use.

Opening her system market, she could only hope to find herself a suitable partner or replacement for the axe which was already cracked due to the Brute Qi.

And she wasn’t disappointed as she soon found a suitable item on the market that caught her eye.

[Dragon Jade seal]

a medium grade Circular Platform that can be utilized in many different unique ways, primarily used as weaponry and transportation.

:790 system coin

22