Oneshot
877 16 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aurelia stretched after having finished another stream. Thrice a week she would stream as she completed and took art commissions. Today, she had challenged herself by doing a bunch of fast and cheap drawings, and it had been difficult but fun.

Leaving her creaking office chair, the short brunette trudged her way to the kitchen to make dinner. With a steaming bowl of instant noodles in one hand and an energy drink in the other, she made her way back to her chair.

She sighed as she got comfortable in her squeaky chair. Working a full-time job plus doing art commissions and streams so frequently left her exhausted. She felt thankful that it was the weekend.

After getting a mouthful of noodles, she opened the group chat to see what her friends were up to.

 

 

[Aurebus (Aurelia]: whats up, back from stream

[toxicstripes (Eloise)]: aurelia, hi! fun stream, was super chaotic this time
[toxicstripes (Eloise)]: anyway guess what

[Aurebus (Aurelia)]: what

[BreadMoonRising (Penny)]: AURELIA I HAVE TWO GIRLFRIENDS NOW!!!!!!!!!!

[toxicstripes (Eloise)]: PENNY I WANTED TO TEASE HER WHY WOULD YOU JUST SAY IT

[LipstickHeat (Felicia)]: hi, Aurelia. you better not be having instant noodles and energy drinks for dinner again

[Aurebus (Aurelia)]: WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS

[Shroomy (Rose)]: we are! me eloise and penny just got together like literally ten minutes ago

[Aurebus (Aurelia)]: wtf thats amazing
[Aurebus (Aurelia)]: also hi felicia. im eating salad

[LipstickHeat (Felicia)]: good

[Aurebus (Aurelia)]: kdnvodangfnoidfji im so jealous
[Aurebus (Aurelia)]: i wish i had a girlfiend so baaaaaaad
[Aurebus (Aurelia)]: help me i am way too single
[Aurebus (Aurelia)]: give me some of that fresh throuple energy you have

[Shroomy (Rose)]: you’ll find someone

[toxicstripes (Eloise)]: we need this energy for tonight sorry

[Aurebus (Aurelia)]: im going to die of being single. its a terminal illness i have

[BreadMoonRising (Penny)]: rip aurelia. she was so single she died

Private message from [LipstickHeat (Felicia)]: promise not to tell anyone about me until i give permission? and that you won’t try to get rid of me.

[Aurebus (Aurelia)]: sure? whats this about? why would i even do that?

 

 

Felicia immediately went offline after that. Aurelia shrugged and went back to the main chat, and spent the next several minutes getting the details from her friends while wishing she could be in a similar situation as them.

“That’s not a salad. You lied to me, Aurelia. Maybe you really will die of being single if you keep eating like that?”

Aurelia coughed on her noodles in surprise and whipped her head around to see who the sultry voice belonged to. The surprise from what she saw only made her coughing worse.

Standing in her messy living room was a gorgeous woman with cherry red skin, a spaded tail, black fingernails, and pointy ears. She was very much exactly what someone might imagine if someone said the phrase “demoness woman” to them.

Aurelia managed to stop coughing and swallow her food. “Who? A-And… what?” she rasped, her voice still rough from the struggle she just went through.

“I’m Felicia. I’m moving in.”

“Felicia?!” she asked incredulously.

Seeing that the woman was just standing there and not moving, Aurelia sent a message to her friend. Something in the room dinged, which she discovered to be the phone in the hands of the demoness right next to her.

 

 

[LipstickHeat (Felicia)]: Yes. I am the demoness standing right next to you in real life.

 

 

“Wh-What…? Why are you here? What’s going on?”

Felicia smiled. “Why, I’m granting your wish, cutie!”

“My wish…? Wait, my girlfriend wish!?”

“Something like that.”

“Huh?”

Felicia ignored her and looked around the apartment. It wasn’t a complete disaster, but there were plenty of clothes and random things lying around that should really be put away. The whole place could use a dusting and vacuuming as well.

“Not as bad as I had feared, at least,” the demoness commented. “I’m still amazed you can afford to live alone. I don’t mean that as an insult. Of course, I’ll be paying my part of the rent now, too.”

“Uh… How will you pay? And what about the others? Are they demons, too?” Aurelia questioned. Despite the absurdity of the situation, the demoness was calmly chatting and not doing anything to her.

“I have a job in Hell that pays decently. I can just poof myself there when it’s time for work. And it’s surprisingly easy to convert my earnings into mundane money. My name is also on the lease already. Took a couple minutes to get all that straightened out.

“And the others in our friend group are ordinary humans.”

She felt relief at that. Not that she would’ve minded other supernatural friends, but the situation at hand was already enough for her.

Aurelia looked at her new roommate in concern. “Did you do something to the landlord? The guy’s a dick, but… A-And… do I even want to know what you do for a living? And wait, Hell is real!?”

Felicia chuckled, and Aurelia tried to not melt from how amazing it sounded. “He’s fine. Just a bit of minor trickery to make him think I moved in at the same time as you.

“And Hell is real, but it’s more of a rehabilitation center for people after they die. Specifically, people who have regrets about bad things they did in life, and they get rid of those by willingly being tortured to the extent they think they deserve.

“My job comes before that, though. When people die, their souls go through a… there isn’t a word for it in English, but it’s a process that makes them understand all the effects and consequences their actions in life had on the world, both good and bad.”

“Okay…” Aurelia said, at a loss for what to think about any of that.

"Well!" The demoness clapped her hands together, "Let’s start with this.” She grabbed the noodles and energy drink off the desk and took them to the kitchen to dispose of them.

“Hey! That’s my food!”

“This,” Felicia held up the items, “is not food.”

While the demoness was busy in the kitchen, Aurelia went back to the group chat. She tried typing a message to them, but found herself unable to move her fingers for some reason.

Felicia’s husky voice rang out from the kitchen, “You promised me, remember?”

Her eyes opened wide and she hurriedly went back to the private chat they had.

 

 

[LipstickHeat (Felicia)]: promise not to tell anyone about me until i give permission? and that you won’t try to get rid of me.

[Aurebus (Aurelia)]: sure? whats this about? why would i even do that?

 

 

“Fuck,” Aurelia groaned.

From behind her again, Felicia replied, “Maybe later. You have basically no food in the house, so we’re going shopping.”

Her cheeks blushing from the thought of casual sex with someone so beautiful, the human asked, “Now? Can it wait until tomorrow at least?”

“Yes, now. I need dinner, too, and I’m not going to eat… that.”

“It’s not like it’s wrong to eat instant noodles and whatever…” the human grumbled.

“Occasionally, sure, but when you only eat things like that, it’s bad. It even makes you feel physically worse.”

Aurelia groaned and went to the bedroom to change her clothes. After her shift had ended, she had changed into a casual outfit, and now she needed to change her clothes again.

She stopped when she saw all the additional clothes that had been added to the room.

“F-Felicia? What’s this?”

“Those are my clothes. I live here now, remember?”

“You put them all next to mine. It’s like we’re a couple.” She realized something. “Where are you planning to sleep exactly…?”

“The bed, of course.”

“A-Ah…”

“Just to sleep. Unless you have something else in mind?” she teased.

“No! Nope! Let’s just go to the store already!”

Aurelia had begrudgingly accepted the sudden presence of the demoness here for now, but was quietly running through ideas to do something about her. Now that she was aware of her unintentional promise, she could sense that she couldn’t say or do anything that might get rid of or expose Felicia.

Her only conclusion so far was that maybe she could get herself into a situation where she might accidentally reveal the demoness somehow, or at least call for help, but she had no idea how to set up an accident that wouldn’t break the rules she was bound by.

Exiting the building, Felicia said, “By the time we get back from the store and make something, it’ll be late. So how about we go out for dinner and shop afterward? My treat.”

“Fine,” Aurelia acquiesced. She was upset about her previous dinner not even being halfway eaten. She was upset about her situation as well, and on top of everything, she was hungry. Food sounded good.

“Is there any food you dislike or are allergic to?”

“Not really, no.”

“Great! Where do you want to eat, then?”

“Blue Wind,” she replied instantly. It was the most expensive local restaurant she knew of. She didn’t even know what kind of food they served.

Felicia looked it up on her phone. “Ooh, fancy. Trying to empty my bank account, are you? Well, neither of us are dressed for dinner there.”

“Ugh… Then-”

“We could go back and change?”

Aurelia groaned at the thought of getting dressed for the fourth time today. The first time was her work clothes, the second was her comfy clothes after work, and the third was for this trip to the grocery store.

The demoness tapped her lip in thought. “Alright, I’ll treat you again. I can use my magic to buy some nice dresses for us and then just snap my fingers and poof us right into them without any need for undressing. So that would mean I’d be buying you a nice dress. But I won’t do it unless you promise me something.”

“Oh no…”

“Do your laundry tomorrow, which includes picking up all the clothes on the floor.”

“You demon!”

“Yes, yes, that’s me. Do you agree?”

Aurelia sighed. “Fine. How are you going to walk around in public anyway?”

“Yes!” she beamed. Felicia snapped her fingers, and they were both suddenly wearing nice black dresses. They were in different styles, but looked like a pair.

“Now we look like we’re going on a date.”

“You do realize the restaurant you picked is pretty much for couples on dates, right?”

“…Oh.”

“You didn’t know?”

“I honestly didn’t.”

Felicia giggled, and Aurelia looked away to hide her blush from just how damn nice it had sounded.

The demoness added, “And to answer your question, you’re the only one who can see me like this. Everyone else just sees a human.”

Felicia focused and snapped her fingers again. “There, now we have a reservation, too.”

“Did you cancel somebody else’s to do that?”

“Yes. A guy is cheating on his wife, and now his date with the girl is canceled.”

“…Huh. That’s good?”

She nodded. “I shouldn’t interfere any more than that, though.”

Aurelia smiled at the implication that the demoness’ magic had some kind of limit to it.

Felicia smiled, too. “Good luck.”

“What?”

“You just realized I have lines I shouldn’t cross, right? But you wished for me to be here, so they don’t apply to you to the same extent.”

“How did I wish for a demon to show up exactly? Even if I’ve unknowingly been friends with that demon for several years now.”

“Well, it’s not like I could just go around telling humans what I am. As for your wish for a girlfriend… Let’s just say you were clumsy.”

“So you’re not going to tell me? Ugh… I thought I was supposed to die before you could torture me.”

“Oh, but the real torture has yet to begin,” she grinned.

Aurelia hung her head. “Let’s just go on our stupid date already.”

Blue Wind took a while for them to get to, but they didn’t have to wait for their table. The human was overwhelmed by the prices, but she wasn’t the one paying for it. She wondered just how much money Felicia actually made.

Their “date” also went well. They had known each other for several years, though this was the first time Aurelia had ever seen Felicia in person. She had never even seen a picture of her before, actually.

Felicia had also been glad it was going well. Aurelia was still not exactly comfortable with how the night had worked out, but was realizing that it was actually her friend who was sitting across from her. The demoness was happy that she didn’t have to hide her true self from at least one of her friends. She genuinely was hoping for something more than friendship, however.

They ended up chatting for a long time, but did eventually have to leave. Felicia poofed them back into their previous outfits and they then had to shop for groceries.

Aurelia said, “So making me shop for groceries after such a long day is how you torture me.”

Felicia smiled at her. “Well, I do want to eat real food, so this only kind of counts as torture.”

After the dinner where Aurelia had managed to relax and actually look at her friend, Felicia’s smile was having a devastating effect on her.

“Felicia,” the human said.

“Yes?”

“List every single magic spell or whatever that you have on me.”

She raised an eyebrow. “Sure. One: You cannot tell anyone about me until I give you permission. Two: You cannot try to get rid of me. Three: You must do your laundry tomorrow.”

“That’s not everything, right? You’re putting some other kind of effects on me or something but you just haven’t said them yet.”

“I’m not. Just those three.”

Aurelia groaned.

“What, were you hoping for more?”

“No, just… No.”

As they filled the cart with more and more items, Aurelia was becoming more and more withdrawn. She’d been getting more and more blushy and flustered as the night progressed. Once she’d gotten over how the fact that Felicia had shown up because of an accidental wish, she found that she didn’t really mind her presence so much. She also found the demoness to be incredibly attractive.

“Are you alright, Aurelia?” the demoness asked. The human was much shorter than her, and had to look up to meet her gaze.

“I’m… fine, I think. Why did you show up at my apartment? Was it really because of an offhand wish in a group chat?”

She gave a gentle smile rather than her usual teasing one. “I’ve actually liked you for a while now, but couldn’t do anything about it because of some stupid rules in place. Your wish just opened the door of possibility for me to finally meet you.”

“You… like me? That’s the real reason?”

“It is.”

“Oh…” She began blushing again. “Oh.”

Felicia began walking away. They were still in the grocery store, though they were nearly done here. Aurelia now understood that Felicia was waiting for her to answer, and that while she might tease Aurelia and push her boundaries a bit, she had no intention of actually harming her.

They loaded up the car with their purchases and then made their way back home. Aurelia was mostly silent the whole time as she processed the fact that an actual demon liked her and now lived with her.

As they put everything away, Aurelia finally decided to go for it. “Okay, um… I like you, too. Let’s go out?”

Felicia smiled and wrapped her in a hug. “Yes!”

 

 

———

 

 

“Can I post this picture?” Aurelia asked her girlfriend. They were lying in bed the next morning, having slept in because of all the exercise they had gotten after getting together.

The human had, after making sure the blanket was covering everything below the shoulders, taken a picture of the two of them, looking quite messy. Felicia looked like a human in the picture.

“You want to show our friends our sloppy, post-sex appearances?”

“I just want to show off…”

Felicia looked at the picture to make sure she was satisfied with it. “Alright, sure.”

“Can I say it’s you, or what should I say about the woman in my bed?”

She giggled. “You can say it’s me.”

 

 

[Aurebus (Aurelia)]: i have entered the girlfriend zone

[Shroomy (Rose)]: ARE YOU KIDDING ME WE WERE JUST ABOUT TO POST OUR OWN PICTURE JUST LIKE THAT

[toxicstripes (Eloise)]: AURELIA WHO EVEN IS THAT SHE’S SO FRICKING GORGEOUS

[BreadMoonRising (Penny)]: im genuinely impressed that you managed to find a girlfriend so quickly. you only had one night

[LipstickHeat (Felicia)]: that’s me.

[BreadMoonRising (Penny)]: oh, now it makes sense actually. you two are always flirting

[Aurebus (Aurelia)]: we are?

[toxicstripes (Eloise)]: oh my god

[Shroomy (Rose)]: good luck with her, felicia. you’ll need it

[BreadMoonRising (Penny)]: aurelia you idiot. your flirting was like constant
[BreadMoonRising (Penny)]: anyway, i have to get ready for my shift at the bakery. ttyl

 

 

The chat moved away from making fun of Aurelia’s obliviousness. Their friends posted their own picture, and while Felicia replied to them, Aurelia scrolled up to last night’s conversation.

 

 

[Aurebus (Aurelia)]: i wish i had a girlfiend so baaaaaaad

 

 

“Wait… I wished for a girl-F I E N D?”

Her demoness girlfriend laughed from beside her. Aurelia laughed with her and got of out bed. She had laundry to do. Aurelia promised herself to be better about doing basic things like that in the future now that Felicia was in her life.

72