Volume 4. Chapter 3: Odd Jungle. (Chapter 304.)
69 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Odd Jungle.

(Celia’s POV)

Despite this place being a very huge island, the jungle was completely silent. There wasn’t any kind of animal making noise, not even any insects bothering us, either. It was odd. A place like this should have a very thriving ecosystem…

Emma: “Celia… this place isn’t normal.” She informed.

Celia: “That is saying it lightly. This place isn’t normal at all.” I agree.

We haven’t paid much attention to the plants and jungle trees. Why would we? In such a situation, you aren’t really that interested in the damn plants. You would be more focused on trying to survive. Which was why, when I examined a tree, I was spooked beyond belief…

Celia: “…”

Emma: “What’s wrong?” She asked.

Celia: “…Check out the tree, Emma.” I advise.

Emma: “…”

She reached out to touch the tree, and then she instantly figured out what I meant. It was fake. Or rather, it was an artificial palm tree. Emma took out a combat knife that I didn’t realize that she had, and then cut into the tree. Behind the very believable disguise, was a metal inside…

Emma: “This island is artificial… No wonder we haven’t found any living creatures.” She said with a sigh.

Celia: “What even is the point of this place, then?” I ask.

Emma: “I have no idea. But this island probably isn’t on any maps. Which was why they shot down our plane.” She replied.

Celia: “Wasn’t that a normal commercial flight? If so, wouldn’t there have been many planes that, whoever owns this island, shot down?” I say with a thinking pose.

Emma: “Unlikely.” She denied.

Celia: “How so?” I reply.

Emma: “That flight wasn’t normal at all. It was a flight to Japan, specifically an area of it that doesn’t get much traffic. My original lady wanted to go explore some old ancient temple. This kind of flight rarely ever happens.” She explained.

Celia: “How annoying…” I say with a sigh.

Carrying on, we tried to find a place to camp out at. With no animals around, we could easily sleep outside. But I would prefer sleeping in a cave, or something else more or less secure as a cave would be. Now, we just have to find such a place…

Hours Later.

Eventually, we came across a cave. Before entering it, we heard a gut wrenching scream. It came from the direction of where we left that group. What happened to them, we have no idea. I just hope that Renie stays safe…

Emma: “Whatever caused that scream isn’t something that we want to figure out. We should keep quiet in this cave for a while.” She proposed.

Celia: “That was the plan.” I reply.

Emma: “Oh? From how you carry yourself, and your personality, I would have assumed that you’d try to go save them.” She said with a raised eyebrow.

Celia: “If it was the me of before, I would have. But now I am just a weak human. Not to mention, the body of this girl that I now inhabit is amazingly weak.” I reply with a shrug.

Getting into the cave, Emma took out a flashlight, and she led the way in. Damn… this girl really isn’t a normal maid at all… The cave was deep, oddly so. Though, we did eventually find the end of it. This far back, the rocky cave gave away into a sci-fi looking chrome walls.

Emma: “This place… it is very weird. But at least it is warm.” She said with an annoyed tone.

The entire island was of a perfect temperature, actually. Now that we know that it is artificial, at least we now know why it is like this. That is, the how, but not really the why. For instance, who the hell owns this place?…

Emma: “Celia. I was asleep during that shooting. But I heard from the other survivors that you skillfully used a gun.” She said after sitting down.

Celia: “And when did you have the time to do that? By the time you woke up, everyone was on the plane getting food.” I ask.

Emma: “Alright, you got me. I was faking it. Mostly to get the drop on that man, but it was nice to see you be so skillful. Can I assume that you fully understand how to safely and expertly use a firearm?” She asked.

Celia: “Yes.” I reply with a nod.

Emma: “Good, good.” She happily replied.

Taking out a handgun and leg strap holster from her side, she handed them to me. I was wearing a dress like usual, so I strapped the holster to my leg. Taking out the handgun, it was a modern one, and I have 18 rounds in it, plus one in the chamber. Emma gave me a few extra mags as well.

Emma: “Now we both have weapons. Please protect me, and I will protect you as well.” She asked.

Celia: “Will do. Anyway, you aren’t a normal maid, right?” I ask with a curious tone.

Emma: “No, not at all. I… well, I was a very high rank in the military. But it was a black ops group. Even if I’ve been retired for a long time, all my information is still top secret.” She replied.

Celia: “Wow! How interesting. How did you end up babysitting this brat?” I ask.

Emma: “I’ve been her personal maid since she was a baby. The payment was 5,000,000 million per year, and a rare potion that stopped my aging. My contract was actually supposed to end in just a month.” She explained.

Celia: “Will they try to get you to sign another contract?” I ask.

Emma: “They most likely will. With far better pay, I am sure. If it wasn’t due to me, that girl would have caused multiple terrible incidents. Not because she is evil, but just because she is spoiled and bratty.” She replied.

Celia: “How bratty? I can’t really imagine her being able to do much damage…” I say with an unsure tone.

Emma: “Her allowance per month is in the billions of USD. If she wanted to, she could buy an entire country and run it to the ground. Her parents wouldn’t even care, either.” She said with a sigh.

Celia: “…”

Yeah… I’d imagine that when you have so much money, you could easily cause a lot of chaos. Even if you’re just an idiot.

Emma: “We should get some sleep. There wasn’t anything to sleep with on the plane, but at least it is warm in this cave. Can you take the first watch?” She asked.

Celia: “I am fine with taking the first watch. Please get some rest, Emma.” I reply.

Emma: “Thanks Celia…” Her words were cut off.

Why? Because at the far end of the cave was an odd noise. It was an electronic one. The far end wall shuddered, revealing a door that was slowly opening up. We both got up from the ground, and then we pointed our handguns at the door. Soon, a woman appeared out from the door… A woman who I knew decently well…

5