Volume 4. Chapter 4: Mena. (Chapter 305.)
77 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: Mena.

(Celia’s POV)

The woman coming out from the door was clearly my daughter. I will have to scold Ria later for not being creative enough. If everyone just looks as they’re supposed to look, won’t it be easy for me to find and save them?…

Well, at least for the first few dimensions, my family looks like my family. I am sure that the later dimensions, it will be more difficult to find my family members. If not, it will just be far too easy to find them.

Emma: “Who are you?” She asked.

Mena: “My name is Mena. What’s you twos names?” She replied.

Introducing ourselves, the situation quickly calmed down. It was nice to know that Mena still had the same exact name. Since this isn’t a fantasy dimension, I might be able to peep on her Status. But I won’t risk it, as Mena might still have some of her wraith powers in this dimension.

Celia: “Mena, why… or how did you come out from that wall?” I ask with a curious tone.

Mena: “This island is weird. I have been here for a few years, and I don’t remember how I got here, either. For one, the island isn’t safe at all.” She replied.

Emma: “Not safe? What do you mean?” She asked with a raised eyebrow.

Mena: “Sci-fi-like monsters roam the island every once and a while. You aren’t the first people to show up here. The rest got captured, and I have no idea what happened to them at all.” She explained.

Celia: “What about the wall thingy?” I ask.

Mena: “If you touch any wall like that, it will open up a door. Inside is a perfect living space, which has food and water supplied in it. If someone is monitoring it, I have no idea. But at least it is safe.” She answered.

I wanted to ask Mena some more questions, mostly because it was nice to see my daughter once more. But that idea was scrapped, as we heard various loud howls coming from outside the cave.

Mena: “Quickly! We need to go back inside the room! Those things show up far more during the night!” She urged.

Or rather, she grabbed our hands and pulled us into the room. Once inside, the door began to shut. Looking out of out, I saw a pack of sci-fi robot dogs rushing toward us. The door thankfully shut before they could reach us.

Celia: “…”

Emma: “…”

Mena: “I am sure that you two are hungry. I was aware of that plane crash, but I didn’t want to take the chance of getting caught to save any survivors. The fridge is over there. It will restock every hour, so just eat as much as you want to.” She informed.

Following her directions, I went over to the fridge. Inside were readymade meals. The fridge was very big, and the food were placed on plates. The food that should be hot, were still hot. Heated up by the plates themselves.

Odd… But at least we don’t have to eat shitty rations any longer. Should I be suspicious of such food? Absolutely. For what reason does such a room even exist for? This entire island is probably an experiment of some kind…

Celia: “Is there anything wrong with the food?” I ask with a serious tone.

Emma: “…”

Emma was just about to take a bite of the food that she took out, before she stopped upon hearing my words. Currently, Mena, Emma, and I were sitting at a table, about to eat. But I needed to ask this before doing so. Mena’s silence is telling…

Mena: “So… you two aren’t that hungry, huh? What a shame.” She said with a sigh.

Emma: “What’s wrong with the food?” She asked.

Celia: “It isn’t poisoned, right?” I hope.

Mena: “Yes, and no. The food has nano machines inside. Once eaten, it will turn you into a half human, half machine. Oh, it’s not like I am made of metal, or anything. I just have access to the machines of the island with a holographic display.” She explained.

Celia: “If that is the case, then why we would risk eating this food? We still have rations left.” I reply with my arms crossed.

Mena: “What rations?” She asked with a cheeky tone.

Celia: “…”

Mena: “…”

The rations that we brought with us were nowhere to be seen. While we were distracted by the fridge, it seems that Mena had hid or destroyed them. Ah, so it is entrapment, huh? How nice. Being blackmailed by my own daughter…

Emma: “Celia, don’t worry. We can just leave and go find something else to eat.” She advised, getting up from her seat.

Mena: “Finding food on this island is impossible. Most of the plants are artificial, and there are no organic creatures to eat, either.” She denied.

Emma: “The plane should still have some supplies left on it. We will take our chances. Celia, let’s leave.” She said, gesturing for to follow her.

Celia: “…”

Emma: “Why aren’t you getting up, Celia?” She asked with a confused expression.

Celia: “We were tricked, Emma.” I reply with a shrug.

Emma: “…”

Mena most have lied about the walls opening up for us if we touch them. Instead, we are now trapped in this room.

Mena: “How wise… Yes, I did trick you two.” She said with a giggle.

Emma: “How exactly have you tricked us?” She asked with a raised eyebrow.

Mena: “The door will not open if you touch the wall. You need to use a holographic display to access the machines of this island. Not to mention, even with your handguns, you cannot force me to open up the door. I am much stronger than a normal human.” She explained.

Emma: “…”

Mena: “The nano machines in my body will protect me as well. Please, just eat. The food taste amazing, and you will still be human. The change isn’t drastic at all.” She urged.

Celia: “And the nano machines? Besides being able to use the machines on the island, what else do they do?” I ask.

Mena: “They do a lot of things. I haven’t found out the full extent of it. I have just been too scared to explore this place alone. As for an immediate benefit, those machine creatures will not attack you any longer.” She answered.

Ah, so she tricked us from the beginning… Great… just my second dimension, and now my daughter is entrapping me. First it was Yona, now it is Mena. Am I just unlucky, or something along those lines?…

Celia: “…”

Those things didn’t look fun at all, so with a sigh, I started to eat. Mena wasn’t joking, the food was very good. Of course, nothing as good as what I can get to eat in Heaven. But still very good for such a random place as this island.

Seeing me give in to Mena’s trick, Emma sat back down and started to eat as well. Though, she did check the closed door where we came in from, just to see that Mena wasn’t lying about it. Now, why has Mena done this to us?…

5