Volume 4. Chapter 5: Explain. (Chapter 306.)
65 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5: Explain.

(Celia’s POV)

Since the food was good, Emma and I decided to eat until we were decently full. After all, we have no idea if this living situation will continue to exist, or we will have to be in a dangerous one once again.

Celia: “Alright, now that we’re in this together with you, could you please explain this situation?” I ask.

Mena: “Okay… Two years ago, I came here to this island with my family. Like with the others, they all got captured, but I managed to flee and get infected with nano machines.” She explained.

Emma: “Since we also have them now as well, what is the next move?” She asked.

Mena: “First, I must apologize for the plane crash. I sent the wrong directions, which put its flight path directly toward this island. Thus setting off the island’s defense system.” She said with a remorseful tone.

Celia: “Ah, so that was your doing? Frankly, we don’t need all the answers. I just want to know what your plan is.” I reply.

Mena: “For a long time, I’ve wanted to explore this island. Even with those machines not bothering me anymore, I was safe with exploring it. Now that I have you two, who happen to be very skilled fighters, we can explore it.” She answered.

Emma: “You really haven’t explored it at all? If it was me, I would have already found a way off this island.” She said with a sigh.

As would I have. But it’s not like we fully understand Mena and her life in this place. Looking at her, she couldn’t be older than 20, so she had been alone for a decent while. It’s not like she was a fighter, either. Even with the nano machine upgrade.

Celia: “So? Will we go exploring now?” I ask with a curious tone.

Mena: “Not tonight, no.” She denied.

Emma: “Why not?” She asked.

Mena: “There is a machine that doesn’t care about our nano machines. She is an android, and she has chased me around before. Which is another reason why I haven’t tried exploring this place.” She answered.

Celia: “Does she only come out at night?” I ask.

Mena: “That’s right. As far as I am aware, that is. Each time that I ran into her, it was when the sun was down.” She replied.

Celia: “Hmm… Maybe she is an overseer of this place, and she doesn’t get off work until night?” I assume.

Emma: “We have no way to know that for sure.” She said, not agreeing or disagreeing with my theory.

Just as I was about to complain about having a place to sleep, there doors popped up from the wall. Opening them up, I saw that inside each room was a bed, and other things that you’d see in a bedroom. How efficient…

In The Midde of The Night.

I woke up to the side of banging in my room. The rooms showed up from the door that we entered the cave from. As I was the bravest one, I was given the room with the one single window that looked into the cave…

Bang! Bang! Bang!

The window continued to receive various knocks. It wasn’t particularly loud, nor hurried. It was more like someone was just knocking on the door with great patience. Who the hell? It was quiet enough that I am sure the other two didn’t hear it at all.

Celia: “…”

Wait, why am I scared about this!? I have dealt with fucking zombies and have gone to Hell! Whatever is outside the window, I can deal with. Or at least, not be afraid of. The window, which was covered by a curtain, was soon opened up by me.

Maid: “I am sorry for disturbing you so late, Miss.” She said with a bow.

Outside the window stood a woman dressed up like a maid. No warmth radiated off of her, and I didn’t sense the breath of life from her, either. Even in this form, I should still be able to notice such things. Which meant that she wasn‘t a living being. Or rather, she doesn’t have a soul.

Celia: “Who are you? I mean, what is your name?” I ask.

Android Maid: “My name?… I have no name. There isn’t any reason to refer to me with such a concept.” She replied.

Celia: “I see… What have you come here for?” I ask with a curious tone.

Android Maid: “I can see that you’ve accepted the nano machines, which is something that I am most happy about. If possible, could you please give this shot to the young woman that you’ve recently met?” She asked, showing me the syringe held in her hand.

Celia: “Shot? What is it for?” I reply.

Android Maid: “That girl had gotten bitten by a machine animal many years ago, thus gaining nano machines. The problem was that method isn’t good, and usually doesn’t happen. Did you notice that she was somewhat sickly?” She replied.

Thinking back, Mena acted all out of breath after she dragged us into the room. Was it something to do about this?

Celia: “I did, somewhat.” I reply with a nod.

Android Maid: “The nano machines from the bite are fighting with the nano machines that she has consumed from the food. This will greatly and negatively affect her health.” She answered.

Celia: “Was that why you’ve been chasing her?” I ask.

Android Maid: “Yes. Within just a few more months, she would die from this. Please, I beg you to convince her to take the shot.” She said with another bow.

Celia: “Why help her like this? I am very confused, and why should I trust that you aren’t tricking me?” I ask with my arms crossed.

Android Maid: “I cannot explain this island to anyone, as it would go against my orders. But making sure that the inhabitance are healthy is one of my orders as well.” She replied.

Celia: “That so? Then why not take us with you? It seems that you have taken the other survivors.” I reply.

Android Maid: “Without nano machines, they cannot operate anything on this island, which would lead to their untimely deaths. I cannot force them to accept nano machines, and they’re unlikely to accept them. You three are fine and can survive with ease, but they cannot, so I must take and care for them.” She quickly explained.

Celia: “…”

Android Maid: “Do not worry about the shot, as it will show all of the information on it when you inspect it. With that, the young woman is sure to accept it.” She said with a confident tone.

Accepting the shot, the android maid bowed, and she then left the cave without looking back even once. This is getting even weirder by the second. Shit. I guess that I have to convince Mena to take this shot tomorrow…

6