Volume 4. Chapter 6: Take the Shot! (Chapter 307.)
86 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: Take the Shot!

(Celia’s POV)

After locking the window, I went back to lay down on my bed. Quickly, as I was woken up, and due to this body being just that of a weak human, I fell back to sleep. In the morning, I met up with those two.

Emma: “You met that android last night? It was a good thing that we gave you the room with the window.” She said with a laugh.

Celia: “Hey, it wasn’t fun! Imagine waking up to some unfeeling machine knocking on your window. Not fun.” I reply with a sigh.

Mena: “…I have run from that android for years, and all she wanted to do was save me?” She said with a tone of disbelief.

Celia: “Did you check out the shot? She had told me that your holographic display thing will tell you about it. Though, I have no way to know if she had changed the displayed information.” I ask.

Mena: “No, the shot is as she said it is. If you inspect something, let’s say, an apple, for example. It will show you the exact information for it. There isn’t a way to edit or change the information at all.” She replied.

Celia: “Oh, so she was telling the truth? How odd…” I say with a confused tone.

With her words, it would seem that the android maid has no intentions of finding us at all. Which just gives me more and more questions about what this place actually is. I guess that we will just have to explore it and find out…

While I was thinking about this, I saw that Mena was struggling with the syringe. It would seem that she has a fear of needles. Now that I think about it, where the hell did I learn anything to do with medicine? Ah, it was during that apocalypse back in my first life.

Celia: “Do you need help, Mena?” I ask.

Mena: “…”

Celia: “I have some medical training. And I swear that I will administer the shot as painless as possible.” I say with a confident tone.

Mena: “Okay…” She agreed.

Taking the shot from her hand, I looked around the place for cleaning supplies. Specifically, I needed some alcohol wipes to sanitize the spot on Mena’s arm where I will give her the shot at. Luckily, I found just that in a cabinet.

Cleaning her arm, I was about to give her the shot, but she soon ran away. Her fear of shots was decently high, it seems. Though I will not make fun of her. She is my daughter. Those that make fun of my family deserve death, you see.

Celia: “I understand that you do not like shots, Mena. But this one is absolutely needed to ensure that you will continue to live.” I say with a stern tone.

Mena: “I… I know… I just… I am just so afraid of needles…” She said with an embarrassed tone.

Celia: “There is nothing to be embarrassed about. Such a fear is common.” I say with a smile.

In these cases, the best thing would be to calm down the patient before trying the shot again. I guided her to the couch within the room, and I sat her down on it. With me facing her. Basically, we were sitting sideways on the couch.

Emma: “Celia. I can administer the shot. You just comfort her, as it seems that you would be good at doing that.” She advised.

Celia: “Will that work, Mena?” I ask.

Mena: “…”

She didn’t reply, but she did nod her head to agree. Emma went to go get another alcoholic wipe, and then soon came back. I handed her the shot, and she prepared the spot on Mena’s arm once again.

Mena: “…”

Celia: “It’s okay, Mena. Be a good girl and just hug me through it, okay?” I propose.

Emma: “Mena, I will be giving you the shot now. Be prepared.” She informed.

With her words, my cute daughter, who isn’t even aware that I am her mother, hugged me tightly. Snuggling her head into my chest. Before and after the shot was given, I kept rubbing her head, and calling her a good girl.

Emma: “…Mena, I have already given the shot a few minutes ago. You don’t have to…” Her words were cut off by me.

With one finger on my lips, I gestured for Emma to be silent. After all, Mena wasn’t just doing this for the shot. I knew better than that. This was a comfort that Mena has been missing out on for a long time.

I have no idea if her parents pampered her like this, but she was surely eating it up with gusto. As my daughter, of course I was more than willing to give her the pampering that she deserves.

Hours Later.

Mena ended up falling back to sleep, so the plan to head out today was scrapped and moved to tomorrow. Currently, I have already put Mena to bed back in her room, and Emma and I were sitting on the couch, chatting.

Emma: “I was honestly joking about earlier. Why did you treat her so well? Please recall that, just a few hours ago, she trapped and tricked us.” She said with a confused expression.

Celia: “To explain this, I will have to go into detail about why I came to this dimension in the first place.” I reply.

Emma: “So… it wasn’t by accident? Please explain.” She asked.

After an hour of explaining, Emma finally understood my actions, and why I have came here. I seem to have some good luck… I almost always end up meeting people that believe my words without much reason to do so…

Emma: “So she is your daughter… No wonder why you treat her so well.” She said with a relieved sigh.

Celia: “Why the relieved sigh?” I ask.

Emma: “You treated her so well, I was worried that she used some brainwashing on you, or something like that.” She answered.

Celia: “Ha, that would be funny. Anyway, we should focus on getting off of this island. Once we do, then I can focus on making Mena remember who I am.” I propose.

Emma: “That is far easier said than done. That android acted as if we were of no importance besides our health. Frankly, I am very curious about what this island is hiding.” She said with a thinking pose.

Celia: “With my luck, we will have to figure that out before we can leave…” I reply with a groan.

Emma: “I hope that your extreme bad and good luck doesn’t rub off on me.” She jokingly said with a laugh.

Celia: “…”

Emma and I ate some dinner, and then we went back to our rooms. Being of the same mind, both of us valued being well rested. After all, this island is practically an entire mystery and a half. With a sigh, I soon fell asleep.

3