Volume 4. Chapter 7: What is This?… (Chapter 308.)
80 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: What is This?...

(Mena’s POV)

How many years have I been on this island? According to my system, it has been around five years. Five years of complete terror and loneliness. That android actually wanting to help me was a major surprise.

But please believe me that even the bravest of people would run in terror at the sight of her. Originally, she was just a chrome body, with no features at all. Her voice was robotic, and I wasn’t able to tell if it was male or female.

Eventually, she changed to look like a human, and dressed like a maid. But I was still afraid of her, regardless of the change. It is clear to me that she did that to try and contact me more easily.

I dragged Emma and Celia into that room, all just so that they could join me. With three people, it would be easy to deal with that maid, and any other machine that didn’t care that we had nano machines in us.

That seemed to be pointless, but at least I have people to explore this place with now. Celia… I felt an odd connection with her. One that I couldn’t explain at all.

Such a brave woman, talking to that android without any fear and even getting something from her to help me. No. To save me… I was always afraid of needles. Usually, I would go to sleep first, and then I will get a shot.

Being comforted by Celia while Emma gave me a shot, awoke something within me. Celia was a very beautiful woman, and usually in a situation like this, you would fall in love with her. After all, I am a lesbian myself.

Instead of falling in love, I felt some other kind of love. That being one of a loving mother comforting her scared child with the utmost care. Am I insane? Is it normal to feel like a random woman is your mother?

My parents… going by what Celia said, they are most likely still alive. Being kept by that android. But why is it that I feel like Celia is more of a mother to me than my own mother ever was? It wasn’t like my biological mother didn’t care about me, she very much did.

I had thought that going through this situation had made me mature. Cold and unfeeling. I tricked those two without any remorse. I wanted to use them as tools to help me escape this place.

That plan… I have to throw it out completely! Once I met Celia, it was like all my emotions came back to me. Like when I came to this island, I was a little girl once again. A little girl seeking her mother’s comfort.

Maybe being on this island had made me insane. As a lesbian, I should feel arousal and lust toward Celia. That is just how beautiful of a woman she is. Instead, I can’t feel anything about seeing her as my mother.

To further illustrate this point, I stayed in Celia’s arms way after the shot was given to me. I couldn’t give up this love and comfort. I wanted it from her, and it seemed that I could never get enough of it. With much embarrassment, I kept hugging her, keeping my head in her soft breasts, pretending to not notice that the procedure was over.

The soft breasts of your mother are different from the soft breasts of a woman that you’re interested in, right? Sitting up in my bed, I thought about this. Was I not really a lesbian? Had I misunderstood my sexuality this entire time?…

How do I figure this out?… Thinking about that maid, Emma. I imagined taking off her clothes and having sex with her. As I expected, the very idea was arousing to me. After all, Emma was very beautiful as well.

But when I thought the same about Celia in this manner, I felt ashamed and disgusted with myself. In the same way that I would feel if I thought sexually about my biological mother. Why is it like this?

Sending my nano machines to figure out what had happened to my brain, I lay back down on my bed and let them do their work. Soon, I heard back from them.

Nano Machines: “User Mena, we have finished our examination of what you’ve requested of us.” It said with a robotic voice in my head.

Mena: “What did you find out about?” I ask in my head.

Nano Machines: “No abnormalities were found.” It answered.

Mena: “How is that possible?” I reply with a raised eyebrow.

Nano Machine: “Simply put, you already see Celia has your mother. As to how this happened, we have no idea, and no amount of examination of your body and mind will turn up the answer.” It replied.

Mena: “…”

Nano Machines: “As you’re aware, souls exist. It is very likely that you two are connected in a past life. Which would explain why she treated you like her daughter, and why you treat her like your mother.” It proposed.

Mena: “Maybe…” I reply.

Souls aren’t something that even these nano machines can explain or figure out. Not even those that can use magic truly understand souls, either. In that sense, the answer is probably just as the nano machines guessed.

What an odd string of fate… To not only was Celia connected to me, but to be on the plane that I intently had crashed, survived, and then even met up with me. If this isn’t fate, I have no idea what could have caused such things to happen to us.

This is something that we can deal with once we’re off this island, though. The mysteries of this place seem to be almost endless. The nano machines haven‘t woke up in Emma and Celia yet, and they won’t be that useful when they do eventually wake up.

From my understanding, each one is a completely separate and closed off system. We can interact with the machines of this island, but our nano machines aren’t connection to the core of whatever controls this place.

This also means that my system doesn’t have any answers for me about this place. When they first woke up, they were like newborn children. Though, unlike me, they have access to the internet. They very quickly matured and became very useful to me.

Knock!

Hearing a knock on my door, I went to check who it was. As it was just us three, there were only two possible answers to this question. Once opening the door, I was greeted by Celia. Much to my instant embarrassment…

Mena: “…”

With that display yesterday, it was hard to look her in the eyes. What did she even think of me? Not only did I practically kidnap them, I forced them to consume and accept nano machines…

Celia: “Mena, are you ready to go explore now?” She asked.

Mena: “Yes…” I reply, not being able to look her in the eyes.

Celia: “Good, good. Let’s head out right away, okay?” She proposed, rubbing my head sweetly.

Mena: “…”

I wordlessly followed her out of the room. This woman was an anomaly. From our first meeting, I met her with trickery and malice, but she only shows me love and care. Why is my soul being healed just by being next to Celia? Not to mention how good her rubbing my head felt. Can… can I get her to do that to me more in the future?…

5