Volume 4. Chapter 10: If You Explore Enough, You Will Eventually… (Chapter 311.)
68 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10: If You Explore Enough, You Will Eventually…

(Celia’s POV)

Ria gave me some more insight into the island, but she didn’t find anything of value at all. Even flying around, all she saw was the damn island. Is there even a point to all this exploring? There doesn’t seem to be one…

Celia: “Mena, I think that we should give up on exploring the island.” I propose.

Mena: “Give up? Are you fine with being on this island forever, then?” She replied.

Celia: “No. I meant to say that, perhaps there is a secret in one of those special areas that we have access to.” I explain.

Mena: “Maybe…” She said with an unsure tone.

The girl looked to be lost in thought. It’s not like I can just admit that Ria, my wife, had already explored the entire island and found nothing of value… Flying is overpowered, you see. Oh, Emma got close to me?

Emma: “Why stop now? With our Nano Machines, I am not even tired at all. Even though we have searched for days now.” She asked in a whisper.

Celia: “Hm… That is true. But Ria already looked through the entire island, you see. Nothing of interest was found.” I reply.

Emma: “…Mena, I think that Celia is right.” She said with a smile while looking at Mena.

Celia: “…”

Well… at least she is helping me convince my daughter. But will she agree to this? After all, she had to spend many years hiding in such places. I am sure that Mena is happy to be able to explore outside for once.

Mena: “I guess that is our only option. If there was something to find on the surface, we would have found it a few days ago by now.” She agreed with a sigh.

That’s true… I honestly hadn’t even noticed that it has been days since Ria found me. The time seems to be moving fast, similar to how time works while being a Supreme Goddess.

Celia: “Hey, Mena. Why is it that we aren’t tired yet?” I ask with a curious tone.

Mena: “Hunger comes from calories burned. With our Nano Machines, they greatly lower the amount of work that our brains and bodies have to do. With them working for us, it takes a decent while for us to get hungry.” She explained.

Emma: “Ah, so my theory was right.” She said with a happy laugh.

Celia: “Does that mean that the Nano Machines are partly controlling our brains, muscles, as well as other functions of our bodies?” I ask with an unsure tone.

Mena: “That is correct. Which is why, even though we still very much look human, I told you two that you would end up not really humans anymore.” She replied.

While talking, we were walking in a specific direction. It wasn’t like we were blindly walking, as we could just “sense” where one of those special places was located at.

Like before, it was inside of a cave. Mena said not most of them were in caves, for some unknown reason. Walking inside, I saw an interesting sight. A woman, whose clothes were torn and tattered, was sitting with her back against the cave.

Celia: “Renie?” I say in surprise.

Renie: “Celia? You managed to escape those weird robots as well?” She asked.

Celia: “Not really. It is pretty complicated, actually… What happened to the rest of them? I can see that you’re somewhat hurt.” I ask.

Renie: “I got like this because I ran away. Funny, isn’t it? An officer of the law, running away like a coward.” She replied with a scoff.

Celia: “Eh, it’s fine. They all survived, anyway.” I reply with a shrug.

Renie: “What do you mean?” She replied with a confused expression on her face.

Much Explaining Later.

Celia: “So… are you fine with being half-human?” I ask.

Renie: “Heh… it would be far better than being rounded up like cattle.” She said with a laugh.

Mena: “Cool. Yet another person to help us find a way off this island!” She happily said with a smile.

Emma: “I don’t think that we should be too happy about making another half-human half-android…” She said with a sigh.

Walking over to the sci-fi looking wall, I placed my hand on it. Soon, the wall changed, and a door opened up. Going inside, it was a room similar to the one that we were in before. But… there was another door.

Mena: “There was never a door like this before…” She said in shock.

Celia: “Hah! My luck strikes again!” I happily say.

Emma: “…”

Mena: “…”

Renie: “…”

Jeez… what a mellow reaction. Well, it wasn’t a funny thing to say, and I honestly don’t know what kind of reaction that I was hoping for. Eh, who cares? The me who just erased this embarrassing moment from my memories sure doesn’t care at all!

Celia: “We will explore that door tomorrow. We should rest for today.” I advise.

Mena: “Are you really just going to ignore what just happened?” She asked.

Celia: “Ignore what, dear daughter of mine?” I reply with a head tilt.

Mena: “…”

Renie: “Mena is your daughter?” She asked with a surprised tone.

Celia: “Adopted daughter.” I answer.

Mena: “Adopted… yeah, that’s right.” She said with a happy smile.

Oh? So she is happy that I accept her as my daughter? How cute! My daughters sure are cute sometimes, if not most of the damn time. Even in a different life where they do not remember me, they’re cute. Heh, I am a proud mother!

Renie: “So… I just eat?” She asked.

Celia: “Yup. Eat, and you will have Nano Machines like us.” I reply.

Renie: “Will it hurt?” She asked with a nervous expression.

Mena: “From my memories of when I got them, there wasn’t any pain involved. It might be painful, but the wounds would be extremely small, and your brain probably won’t register it.” She explained.

Emma: “I can confirm that I felt no pain.” She said.

Celia: “I also didn’t feel any pain, either.” I say.

Renie: “Okay…” She said with a relieved tone.

After having a meal, we all went to take showers. Once clean, we went to separate rooms to rest. Shortly after the night started, Mena came to knock on my door. Her face was red, she was clearly embarrassed to ask me something.

Being a mother, I knew what she wanted. So I just giggled and softly grabbed her hand, leading her back to the bed and lying down with her. That night, I lovingly cuddled with one of my daughters, Mena. Regaining a love that I had lost for a decent while, much to my own happiness. I wonder what we will discover tomorrow?…

3