Chapter 24: Thugs…
116 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Then he considered what he was gonna do.

‘Should I visit the sword dojos I found on the internet? '

Just as he was considering that option,

His phone vibrated inside his pocket. He grabbed his phone and opened it. By now, he had muted his previous chats and group chats, except for some important people.

Dean noticed it was Mika who messaged him.

[Here is my impression and identity of the Taka Haru.]

[Taka Haru.docs]

[I hope this helps!]

Earlier this morning, just as he had woken up, he was surprised to get messages from her.

Then she found out from his profile that he came from the same university as her which she made a fuss about. After that, he asked for information of the mysterious being before he turned into a monster, which he learned was named Taka Haru, a fourth-year computer engineering student.

More information had just been sent to him.

[Thanks, this will help a lot.]

[Anything I could do to get rid of that once and for all

Anyways, talk to you later.]

The chat ended, and he checked a place on the map before he briefly scanned the information given to him.

'A show....' Through it, he had learned that Taka haru was obsessed with an animation show with the protagonist having a pet slime.

'I guess I should try watching it on my free time' He then put his phone back in his pocket. He had decided what he had planned to do for the day. And instead of hailing a cab, he jogged towards his destination but not before reading the information Mika sent him.

Along the way, Dean looked for any possible crimes happening and helped those in trouble.

What happened yesterday morning made him realize that he had been focused too much on killing monsters in an abandoned area than on actually helping people. It was mainly because he wanted to increase his stats immediately. Then again, monsters were basically the enemy of humanity, so he had no qualms about killing them, Unless he found a reasonable monster.

Along the way, he did not encounter anyone who needed help.

'That's right, I've lived in this city for my entire life, and aside from the occasional monster attack, there's barely any crime news. Even what happened yesterday was only a drop in the ocean of peace. Then again, I don't watch too much news.'

As he was jogging, he passed through an alley where he heard some voices saying...

"Heheh, next time, you better cough up more cash; otherwise, we're coming for your sister."

Dean immediately halted and stepped back a few steps, and he saw there, inside the alley about 10 meters away from him, four people ganging up and kicking a person on the ground.

'Oh! Spoke too soon.' 

Dean observed the people that were coming and going; they noticed what was happening in the alley, yet after hesitating, they didn't intervene.

Dean shook his head and approached the group.

When he was only 4 meters away from them. Dean leaned against the wall and spoke casually.

"Fellas, don't you think that's enough?"

At this point, the four people with punk-style clothing, piercings, and tattoos turned to him with a menacing look.

"He'll die if you keep doing that and you'll lose him; if you lose him, then who are you going to bully and beat up in the future? You'll live without a purpose anymore, and..."

But his words got cut off with a curse.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

“Yeah, who the fuck are you".

"Get lost before we put you on the ground!"

Three of them, with almost generic, thug-like features, threatened him.

Dean ignored their threats and looked at the person on the ground.

The person was wearing a high school uniform because of the angle; he couldn't see his face, but his uniform was full of footprint marks.

"Hey!"

One of the thugs who hadn't said anything earlier called out to him as Dean turned his attention back to them.

With a cold but expressionless face, he grabbed a pocket knife and showed it to him while making an angry gesture.

"Leave your wallet; we'll consider it as compensation for interrupting us."

The next second, the other three took out their knives too while chuckling at him.

Dean looked at his weapons and couldn't help but mock them.

"Really? That's your weapon? I must say, I expected it to be bigger."

This irked the four thugs, and Dean added, "I'm carrying much bigger."

He pointed at the sword at his back.

"Alright, that's it!"

One of the thugs suddenly said something, and he lunged himself at Dean.

Dean, seeing this, was still pretty nonchalant. When the thug suddenly reacted at an acceptable distance, Dean suddenly jumped in the air and simply struck the thug's head with his leg, catching him by surprise.

"Puah!"

Then he landed on the ground with his feet while the thug, after kissing his foot, smashed his head to the ground.

Seeing it, One of his eyebrows rose up; he was worried he had used too much force.

But he wasn't given any time to be concerned as the remaining thugs attacked him!

"You shit!"

"I'll cut you in half!"

"Come here!"

Seeing the three coming at him, Dean focused himself as he prepared his fist. He wasn't going to use his sword against them, as it wasn't suited for harmless fights.

The fastest one immediately drove his knife forward, trying to stab him!

But Dean easily caught his wraist, and with a single hand, he pulled the thug and did a spin while still holding the guy's wrist.

"Huah!?"

Then he hurled the thugs at the coming two!

"Wha!?"

"Uh!?"

The two caught off guard, could only be hit by their own companion.

In such a short time, all four thugs hit the ground, but they weren't out of the fight yet.

"Son of a bitch!"

"You shit!"

They cursed, and they hurriedly got up and tried to attack him again. Unfortunately, His stats were just higher than theirs, so Dean hurriedly took them down.

"Had enough? By the way, I'm calling the police because you guys literally just tied to stab me with a knife."

Dean said to the four people groaning on the ground in pain: He approached the person they were beating up while dialing for the cops.

By now, the guy has propped himself up in a sitting position and witnessed what happened.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Dean asked, "Do you need me to call the ambulance?"

The guy with a bruise on his cheeks and busted lips wiping his cracked glasses looked at him and said, I'm a low voice.

"You shouldn't have helped me."

Dean raised his eyebrows at hearing what he said.

The high school youth continued...

"They're just going to come back anyway, And with a harsher beating thanks to you."

"What? Are they some kind of gang?"

Dean said as he looked at the four grinning thugs.

"Yo, cough, cough, pay for this..."

One of them said he was holding his dislocated arm.

"Yeah, and you're going to jail because you just tried to kill me."

Dean sneered at him and looked back at the youth.

The youth now tried to get himself back to his feet, albeit unsteadily.

"Go away. I didn't need your help," he said as he tried to leave the alley with one hand against the wall to support him.

"Yeah, it looked like you got it handled," Dean said sarcastically, and he went closer to the youth and asked.

"Why are they beating you up anyway?"

"Piss off"

Dean was about to say something when police appeared ahead.

"Freeze!"

Dean raised his hands.

"What is goin-you!? Aren't you that wannabe hero from yesterday?"

One of the cops recognized him; Dean examined the cop, and he also recognized him as one of the officers who interrogated him from yesterday. Seeing this, Dean could only smile wryly.

That's all for the week, still quite busy.

Support me here to keep me motivated and pump out more chapter at: https://ko-fi.com/nolifenoname

Comment for any grammatical errors and misspellings, thank you!

7