EPISODE 90: KNOWLEDGE
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I forgot to announce on this site I was taking a break I think. Sorry! We're back to the regular schedule lol.

EPISODE 90: KNOWLEDGE

— Edryan Queendom, Year: 7291. Season: Color Fading.

The Nation of Ivory is a vast and bountiful clan-led nation led by Innai — Purest, who proclaims herself to be the daughter of Goddess Ivory. A notion that has not been dissuaded in the least by said Goddess. In conjunction with Goddess Ivory, the Ivory Nation is protected by Goddess Loha and Juno.

The three Goddesses, sisters, protect the Ivory Nation, but much of the affairs are left run by three clans. The first is Clan Kolax, led by Innai Kolax, they are the leading faction and ensure the caste members of Ivory Nation continue to stay united. They are defined by their silver-blonde hair and piercing eyes. Impossible to miss.

The second and third clans, albeit slightly less powerful than Clan Kolax, still hold much value and weight in the Ivory Nation. Clan Kemax and Clan Kayax are two mighty clans led by their respective demigods.

Under these three clans are a multitude of others that have existed for a few eons. The Nation of Ivory values bloodline and bloodline purity highly. They use these values to rank who is closer to Goddess Ivory and her sisters. Together, the three clans have come out on top of the caste system to lord themselves above the rest.

— Excerpt from records found in the Great Magus Tower — Liyoin.


“It is nice to see you again, Madria,” Vita said once again with a pleasant smile.

The three settled down into her domain, an indoor garden that shined with light and vitality. If Madria didn’t know better, she’d believe they were in a forest. That was not the case as they passed from one floor to another before entering Vita’s domain. From what Minerva could tell, each Realm Guard seemed to have their domain. Terra’s was the libraries, Vita’s was a garden, and through her connection with Lawruthian, she knew of Ignis the blacksmith. Although Vita mentioned him in passing.

“It’s nice to see you as well, Vita. I cannot thank you enough for saving our lives… especially that of Lawruthian’s.”

Minerva perked up. This was new information they hadn’t known before. She gave Vita a deep look before her attention returned to the source of light. The trio sat in a clearing on stone-like chairs at a small circular table. Above them, providing light to the entire garden, was another golem. This one sat, legs folded and eyes closed, but the warm radiance of sunlight it produced never ceased.

Vita seemed to catch her gaze and explained. “That is my sister, Lux. She is the Realm Guardian of Light. Her twin, the Realm Guardian of Dark, Tenebrosus, should be hiding in the shadows somewhere,” Vita gestured around as she spoke.

“As my twin should be somewhere…” She gestured at the ground haphazardly. “Somewhere beneath us.”

“ Death nourishes life… ,” Minerva began.

“ …and life nourishes death ,” Vita finished.

She waved her hand and a tree branch extended toward them. The branch quickly grew three wooden cups and a teapot that dropped from its extension like ripe fruit. Vita caught them all, and she waved again, and the branch returned to its position. Next, Vita reached onto the top of her head and when her hand returned, several seeds were within them.

“| Be |,” she spoke softly. Her voice seemed to gently caress the rune as it left her mouth. The magical language that was Kair-unian immediately began to act as the mana within the air acknowledged her command. The seeds began to sprout and grow, supported by the mana. They continued to grow until a healthy and petite bush was in Vita’s hands. Gently, she plunked a few leaves and tossed them lightly into the plot before placing the bush on the ground. She once again called to the mana and, on its own, the teapot began to fill with water that slowly began to heat until steam was spreading.

Madria and Minerva watched in silence, slightly fascinated at Vita’s application and use of magic. She simply commanded the mana as if it were an extension of her and not a force belonging to the world.

Once she finished, Vita’s attention returned to Minerva and Madria, who waited patiently. She served them a cup each, Minerva’s a bit more like a bowl to allow the owl to drink easier.

“Now, where were we?”

“ You were going to tell me about the soul bond and the connection between me and my main body. ”

The moment Vita finished, Minerva jumped on the opportunity. The automaton’s earlier words ate at Minerva, and she desperately wanted to pry all the secrets from the strange being. As Minerva chirped, Madria looked on confused, which did not go unnoticed by Vita.

“|Listen and Hear All Speech|,” Vita’s voice rang with power. She calmly pointed at Madria. The size difference between her and the automaton made Madria appear as if she were a child next to an adult.

The magic was directed outwards in a wave-like motion. Madria gasped as it washed over her, and Minerva did the same.

“ What did you just do, ” Minerva questioned. Her voice was tense and her expression distrustful. She’d been wary of Vita the entire time, but after they stopped by for Madria, Minerva’s wariness dispersed as they were already aquatinted.

Madria gasped once again and stared at Minerva in shock. “I can understand you!”

“You can understand me,” Minerva repeated.

Madria just nodded up and down in confirmation.

“Oh…,” Minerva seemed to smile deviously. “ Finally . I can now help you secure Law’s heart.”

The automaton’s eyes widen in surprise. She didn’t expect that to be the first thing the pair said to one another. A cackle escaped from between the [Keeper of the Codex] beak, while Madria squirmed in her chair. Once Minerva finished cackling, she returned her attention to the Realm Guardian of Life.

“Thank you, Vita, but… back to the topic at hand. What is this soul bond?”

The automaton seemed to take a long sip from her tea. She looked at the sky where Lux resided as she sorted out her thoughts. Once ready, she began to speak. “You are truly one of the most unique perks I’ve seen since the fall of Genesis. Madris has truly done well to establish such an opportunity for her people. You are soul-bonded due to your nature as a Divine Beast. A soul bond is a connection that extends far beyond the mortal coil. Although there are a few different types, you and Lawruthian share one that works based on a single soul. I’m certain it allows for communication and other forms of connection.”

She paused here, Minerva and Madria hung on her words. This was an entirely new context for Madria, and she steadily began to form a picture. Minerva, on the other hand, only gained more questions as Vita spoke. She would wait for the automaton to finish before asking.

Vita continued after a sip of her tea. Although she was clearly an automaton, as the shine of metal and the gem-like eyes couldn’t be mistaken… Minerva still found it challenging to believe such craftsmanship was possible.

“I’m sure you have questions but allow me to say a bit more first. Your soul is powerful, much, much … larger than the average mortals of this realm usually experience. Such is most likely the reason, it can hold a connection that extends through spacetime. The soul is the basis that allows the conversion of our strength… our everything… through the Sic Great Attributes and the reason you can hold multiple top-grade classes.”

Vita’s eyes gazed directly at Minerva, and the owl could feel her looking far deeper than she would like. She felt a prickling sensation under her skin. It was like the automaton was gazing directly at her soul.

‘ She most likely is… especially if she can see this soul-bond tether. ’

“Such potential , Madris has truly chosen well for this age. Enough of my pondering. Your soul bond is a result of your status as a perk that has manifested itself as a divine beast, but…,” Vita tilted her head.

“You are two different consciousnesses sharing such a bond. What a wonderful application of and use of divine mana. Goddess Madris has truly shown her craftsmanship.”

Vita’s final words were like a bucket of ice-cold water splashed over Minerva’s feathers. She could no longer hold back as the need to question the automaton erupted.

“What do you mean Goddess Madris craftsmanship?”

“Her divinity is spread all throughout you child. She’s brought you to life through her divine power and claim as an Administrator of Genesis. Her rise as the first God after the few remaining from before Genesis became… this small piece of a realm allowed her to become a System Admin.”

“ Hmph. ”

Just a Minerva was opening her beak to ask more questions. A powerful and recognizable voice let off a resounding hmph that echoed throughout the mountain. This caused her next question to be cut off before it could even begin.

“Oops,” Vita raised her fist up and lightly knocked against her skull. “It looks like I’ve said too much. Ask your questions child but only pertaining to soul bonds.”

Madria watched the conversation between Vita and Minerva silently. She didn’t fully understand what was going on, but there was plenty she could infer between them. Right now, her eyes were on the notification that appeared since Vita cast a spell on her.

Listen and Hear All Speech — Duration:

00:48:34

Her opportunity to talk to Minerva was fading and there were many questions the young woman held herself. Yet, she couldn’t help but blush when thinking about her first proper exchange of words with the divine beast.

Thousands of questions seemed to appear in Minerva’s mind, but the hmph from Aspect Rasheed alerted her that the dragon was well aware of all of their actions. To Minerva this meant several things, but primarily it showed what the Aspect would and wouldn’t allow to be asked. She cleared her thoughts and pushed certain questions to the back of her mind. The inner workings of the Prime System could be parsed together through time. Currently, Minerva had to clarify her thoughts on the soul-bond that she shared with Lawruthian.

“So we are two different consciousnesses that share a soul. Two different bodies… I am ultimately a result of the perk… [Codex of Earth]…” she spoke aloud. She wanted Vita to hear her thoughts on the matter, incase there was something the automaton could comment on. Although Aspect Rasheed held hostility to them, it was clear some inhabitants of the mountain didn’t. It showed by their willingness to divulge information to them without a price.

“One soul… two consciousnesses… what a strange thing. What a wonderful thing…,” Minerva pondered. She looked directly at Vita and began to ask questions.

“Is there anything that can harm this bond? That will destroy it or affect us negatively?”

Vita shook her head. “None that should remain in the realm, but I’m certain you can find information pertaining to soul bonds in the library. You may always ask Terra, he knows the location of every single book.”

“If Lawruthian dies… then so do I?”

Vita stayed silent, gently gazing up and down Minerva. “From what I see, Lawruthian is in possession of the soul. Although you are your own consciousness, ultimately you are his perk and are an offshoot from him.”

A weight seemed to clear Minerva’s mind and the conversation continued as Vita served more tea and several snacks. Minerva used every opportunity as she could to expand her knowledge base as much as possible, grilling Vita for anything she could think of.

While this went on, Madria continued to sit there quietly watching. She held mixed thoughts on the entire situation and as the conversation continued, she desperately wanted to expand on things. She waited, however, knowing that it ultimately could wait until Minerva and Lawruthian accomplished the trial Aspect Rasheed set before them.


I lay quietly in my bed, on the other side of the room lay Madria, sleeping gently. She refused to sleep in a separate room away from me and I dragged another bed into the room. It made it a bit cramped but I didn’t mind.

A storm of thoughts raged through my mind as the information Minerva and I collected was parsed through and sorted out. New understandings were built as old ones were dismissed.

Knowledge is a powerful thing… and Aspect Rasheed ensured that we’d bled for every piece we wanted. From the questions and answers asked by Minerva and me, the Aspect deducted the Uncommon and Legendary tokens we’d exchanged knowledge from Earth for. I’d end up using the Uncommon in my dealings with Ignis for the ore and information on the previous [Chosen] given to me by Ignis. While Minerva used the Legendary token in her conversation in Vita. It seems he held true when he stated, ‘Knowledge must be exchanged for Knowledge.’ It didn’t matter that it wasn’t coming from him.

Minerva roosted comfortably next to my bed, her red-gold eyes held a glow to them from the flickering candlelight.

‘ There is so much…, ’ she began.

‘ Far too much to go over. Aspects, Perks, Soul Bonds…, Genesis…, ’ I responded, hesitant.

‘ This realm, universe … is a small fragment of what was once a greater whole. Created by Realm Lord Elrunian. Just one of the many realms of the Genesis Zone. One of the many universes of the zone…, ’ Minerva stated.

‘ This implies a greater multiverse community out there… but we can’t focus on that now. Right now, we have bigger problems to face. ’

‘ Attributes… ’

I nodded to Minerva. On the wall lay the golem arm I imbued life into and used as a stop gap replacement. Earlier, I began to design and work on something far greater in preparation for my trial.

‘ We know what the attributes do… Power governs our strength, speed, and our base attack damage. Vitality governs our health points, longevity, and overall resistance to ailments. Endurance governs our stamina… ’ I began.

‘ Mind governs magic and the amount of mana you have. Self serves as defense and a limiter on the Life Point attributes. While Intent helps… there is far more to it than we initially understood, ’ Minerva finished.

I nodded my head once again. My thoughts drifted to my first semester at Imperius Academy and the conversation held during Class One over the attributes. I knew there were more to each attribute as the Crown Prince of Edryan and the knowledge I was able to get access too, but this information was based on skills. Getting your attribute to certain ranges could unlock special skills that came with fantastic benefits such as better regeneration, faster casting, greater strength, and more. One of these skills I held were (Mindfulness), which would instantly fill my mana to max once a week. The other was (Skill Prowess), which allowed me to book the attack of a skill to the next level. They were powerful but both were situational.

None of that was enough for what Aspect Rasheed had in mind. I could feel it. What I understood of the attributes in today’s time period is far different from what I assume Rasheed understood. The dragon was from a time before time . Before the recorded history of the continent. I felt he wanted me to gain that same understanding those of his time held on the attributes.

‘ I need every and any advantage I can get. We know he is after medical knowledge. I think I know why… ’

Minerva listened and waited for me to continue. She gave me an owlish blink that brought a smile to my face. As today ended, six more days of preparation were left.

‘ Eggs , ’ we said at the same time. Mentally communicating our thoughts as we gazed at one another. Two consciousnesses sharing one soul. My smile extended, and Minerva returned one in kind.

‘ Dragon Eggs… he possesses a title known as the Final Dragon as stated in New Genesis: Year 0… but what if he wasn’t the Final Dragon? What if he was the final living dragon? ’

I listened as Minerva spoke. She slowly began to piece information together that cleared a picture of what Aspect Rasheed wanted.

‘ He possesses dragon eggs, but there is something wrong with them. For some reason, they never hatched… or they’re missing something to hatch. ’

‘ Exactly, ’ I began, taking over. ‘ Six unfulfilled potentials that never received the opportunity to hatch. If I was a powerful dragon, last of my race with six dull eggs, what would I do? ’

‘ Find a way to hatch them, ’ Minerva finished.

‘ No matter the cost. ’

Thanks for reading! For more check out Marskidris Patreon!

1