Chapter 41: New god visits Genosha
2.4k 6 105
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rudeus soon stopped thinking about stupid stuff like that. There are so many villains and bad guys in marvel, he couldn't possibly guess if there is someone behind this or not. There was no need for him to waste his time playing the guessing game.

He would probably get his answers soon anyways.

He and all the X-men had already agreed to travel to Genosha and save it from the sentinel army.

A team was formed consisting of Hank, Piotr, Logan, Jean, Ororo, Scott, Bobby and of course Rudeus himself.

Other students were not selected because they were either too young or not powerful enough to go against sentinels. Plus the school also needed to be protected. That was also the reason Professor Xavier didn't go with them.

Rudeus told the professor to watch over the quintuplets as well since they were quite young. But in truth he just wanted them to learn from him about telepathic powers and how to use the Cerebro most efficiently.

"To the jet then." Hank announced once everyone was ready.

"Why use a jet when I have my own little personal teleporter at my beck and call." Rudeus said.

"Okay, that's a little rude." Kurt pouted as he felt insulted by Rudeus' words.

"I don't mean you, I meant my personal assistant, Zoya. She could teleport as well by forming portals called Boom tubes." Rudeus explained with a smile.

As he ordered Zoya to form a boom tube to Genosha, a red portal appeared with a boom sound infront of everyone.

Rudeus confidently walked through it confidently in front of the surprised eyes of everyone else.

As Rudeus crossed over to Genosha, he finally realized the situation. This was not just a battle, it was a war. A war whose end result was most probably the massacre of most of the mutants of the country.

He needed to stop this, otherwise he would lose his biggest supporters and his future potential army.

He looked at all the normal sentinels. Except a few of them, most of them were easily overpowering the majority of the mutants. Only a handful of them were winning against the sentinels.

"Zoya, can you check if these sentinels are made out of metal or not?" Rudeus asked his assistant.

"They are mostly made out of space polymers, sir. However there are slight traces of carbonadium metal coating on their sensitive circuits and sensors." Zoya informed him.

'Interesting. So Magneto shouldn't be able to control these sentinels as the metal portion in their bodies is extremely small. That old man must be crying in his room right now due to the unfairness of the world.' Rudeus thought.

However, the presence of carbonadium also meant that the Russians were somehow involved in the sentinel project since carbonadium metal was their invention and is supposed to be their answer to its American counterpart, adamantium.

'The rabbit hole is getting deeper and deeper with time' He thought.

"This is a nightmare." Ororo said as she watched the scene of the ongoing war. This got Rudeus out of his thoughts.

All the other X-men who were selected to come with him to fight had followed him through the boom tube and had already arrived as well.

"Can you control these and make them sentinels stop?" Bobby asked Rudeus with hope.

"No, not right now. I will need a little time to get access to all of them. I need to get close to them and get in a central position of the island." Rudeus replied to the ice guy.

He was lying of course. The moment he had arrived in Genosha, Zoya had immediately gained access to all the sentinels. She could stop them or take control of them anytime Rudeus commander her to.

But that would not profit him any way. He wanted to seem like a hero to these mutants, to the entire country of Genosha but that would only be possible if he was seen doing something or if it was known that he was the one who saved all of them.

So he had lied to Bobby. He wanted to do some showmanship before just ending this all to be the hero that these mutants wanted.

He would be the hero they wanted and after that, he would become the god they needed.

"Try to keep the sentinels busy until Zoya can get access to all of them. It would probably take a few minutes for that." He flew away after saying his piece to the X-men.

He didn't just fly aimlessly but flew to the most populated area of the country which turned out to be its capital.

Most of the sentinels and mutants were concentrated here. But as he reached the place, he finally saw where Magneto was. He was fighting with a sentinel. But the interesting thing was that this sentinel was nowhere near the other sentinels in power.

This one was completely on a different level. How did he know? Because it barely looked like a Sentinel. It was something different from the rest of them.

The sentinel looked like it was made of fire. It had some porcupine like quills sticking out of itself as well.

Magneto was using all the metal around him to fight the sentinel. Under his power even metal from deep inside the earth seemed to grow out and attack the burning sentinel.

However the sentinel wasn't even bothering to dodge. It simply created a fiery barrier which melt any metal that came near it. However the sentinel itself was not only releasing fire attacks, it was also using other powers as well like releasing an acid attack from one of its hands when another mutant tried to attack it.

'Wait, that sentinel seems awfully familiar to the one I saw in the movie. Don't tell me that its... but that should not be possible. That version of the sentinel was supposed to be developed way in the future and that too with the help of Mystique's dna or something.'

This would be a little tricky since it could adapt and evolve to any power shown infront of it if he were to fight it. But then he remembered that he had his extremely intelligent and capable trusty motherbox with him.

"Hey Zoya, how long do you think it will take you to hack into that abomination of a droid in there?" Rudeus asked her.

He now had complete trust in his prideful yet capable AI.

But sadly the answer he was expecting never came. Zoya had gone quiet as she just floated beside him.

"Umm, Zoya?" Rudeus asked again.

"I am sorry master. I have failed you. I can't take control of that sentinel despite its exteremely backward technology." Zoya replied in a really sad voice.

"Why? Is it stronger than you?" Rudeus normally wouldn't have questioned this to Zoya due to her being a freaking mother box. But in this world due to being what it is, anything is possible here. So Rudeus asked that to her.

"Of course not. It doesn't even come close to my level of intelligence or technological power. I could easily hack it if I had the chance but that sentinel had already evolved to resist any contactless hacking attacks on it." Zoya informed him.

"It has evolved in such a way that it is now a completely closed system. If I had to give an example I would say it is like a coffee maker now, it simply no longer has any active parts that is connected to any external network. It is completely a closed system. There is no way to hack it through unless I have physical contact with it." She completed.

"I see. So you are saying you can hack it if you come in contact with it, right? But again for that I'll have to subdue it so that it won't be able to resist or run away, don't I?" Rudeus sighed.

There is just too much violence in the marvel world. He had to fight in every single event that occured here. Nobody here tried to solve stuff peacefully nowadays. Where the hell did peace go from this universe?

'I wish I could have gone to DXD or something.' Rudeus thought as he prepared to put up a big godly show infront of the entire mutant country.


Also you can check out my Pat reøn page as well to read ahead or just to support your amazing author. Right now I have about 20 chapters in advance there.

(My Pat-reon uses the new billing method which means if you pledge on 15th of this month, you will have to pay again on the day you pledged, ie, 15th of the next month. So whenever you subscribe, you will get a whole month.)

pátreon.com/God_Doom

(replace the á with a)

105