Chapter 51: Winnings from the Battle
2.1k 7 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the black hole became unstable with Rudeus' energy strike, it became unstable and collapsed on itself while being affected by Rudeus' unique energy, becoming smaller and smaller and eventually completely disappearing from existence.

"I really need a vacation" Rudeus muttered as he tried to stand straight.

Every cell in his body was currently aching like never before. It was like all his bones were broken while his muscles felt like they were torn to shreds. He wondered how he was even alive right now.

But still, he was happy as he looked at the newest notification from his system.

[2nd quest completed]

[Rewards are being distributed]

['Ruler' perk card has been deposited into your inventory]

He had done it. He had killed Magneto, thus completing the second quest.

But it seems he still hasn't completed the first quest of completely kill Cassandra Nova Xavier. He wondered why. Wasn't that strike strong enough to destroy Cassandra since she was inside Magneto.

Maybe she used her psionic energy to shield herself while inside Magneto. That might be the reason she survived. After all she didn't need a body to live. She could even survive for some time without a body with the help of her psionic abilities.

However Rudeus wasn't going to let her go today. He wanted to end this drama once and for all. He didn't have the mentality of letting his enemies escape, only for them to come back stronger next time.

He activated his divine spirit perk and began to observe his surroundings keenly. He could see the remnants of his own energy as well as some abnormalities in the area due to the aftereffects of the black hole.

As he continued looking, he finally found what he was searching for.

He saw a humanoid shaped energy 'being' trying to escape from the area to go into the direction of the civilians. Rudeus knew who this was.

He didn't waste any time and just grabbed the energy humanoid made up of pure psionic energy. As he did so, he felt something trying to enter into his mind. He felt a strong force on his mental shields.

Of course that didn't do anything to him. His mental shields didn't even budge with that attack. To him it was just a last desperate attempt of an insect to survive in the face of death.

"I told you that I'll make you regret it." Rudeus just said a single statement in an emotionless voice as he coated his free hand with his own version of new cosmic energy and plunged it into her psionic body.

His energy began to visually affect her entire spirit as it looked like her psionic body was slowly being corrupted and devoured by his own energy. Soon her entire psionic body became crimson red as it destabilized and slowly evaporated into the air.

That was the end of Cassandra Nova Xavier, the disgusting evil sister of Professor Charles Xavier. Truthfully, it felt quite underwhelming to Rudeus as she died just like that.

Rudeus sighed with relief as a notification came from his system confirming that fact.

[1st quest completed]

[Rewards are being distributed]

['Divine healing' perk card has been deposited into your inventory]

Rudeus was really happy seeing that he received two perks in a single day. After all, quests seemed to be completely random and quite a rare event. It had been months since he received his last perk of immortality.

But today, he received two at once.

He quickly opened his inventory to see the details of the perk cards he had just received.

[Divine healing: The power to heal using the user's own divine energy. It can heal the wounds of humans, animals and other 'alive' natural or supernatural beings. Due to its divine nature it can influence life itself. Its healing powers even extends to resurrection, regeneration and immortality bestowal on the expense of the user's divine energy. Divine energy consumed may vary on the targets themselves.]

[Ruler: The user is a Ruler, a person who holds sovereignty over a specific dominion (no matter how large or small) and their people, making political or non-political decisions to maintain, advance and aid their lands and people as their ruler. Whatever means they have been it supernatural, mundane or otherwise, they use it to aid in their sovereignty for themselves and/or their people it's fundamentally depends on intentions, motives and character be it ruling fair and just or cruel and immoral both having their own set of consequences depending on the choices they make do to the responsibilities for them, their lands and their people.

It will help the user in doing all the above activities and enable the user to take all diplomatic, economic  and political decisions more efficiently while also increasing the chances of those decisions being successful.

The perk will increase the user's power while in his dominion while also increasing the loyalty of the residents in it to the holder of this perk. This specific perk may complement other perks and skills that the user might possess. It also increases the rate of overall growth of the nation as well as increasing talents being born in the country.]

'That's interesting. Both of these perks are exactly what I need currently. I could use the divine healing perk for healing the injured residents of the island while the ruler perk would be really useful in taking over the country under him.' Rudeus thought curiously.

Rudeus might have wanted a powerful combat ability in his mind but in his heart he knew he needed perks like those two more for now.

The healing perk especially seemed op. Although he would have to test the healing to divine energy consumption ratio soon.

Hell, even the ruler perk could be op if used smartly. It could even basically increase the birth rate of better talents in the country which meant the birth of stronger mutants could increase due to the perk. It will also increase their loyalty to him as well which meant he would have a much easier time ruling the nation.

'But still the system giving me those exact perks that I need, its almost like..., naah its too early to come to that conclusion. Anyways weren't there some other notifications from the system as well?' He remembered as he again willed the system to show him all the recent notifications from the system.


Also you can check out my Pat reøn page as well to read ahead or just to support your amazing author.

Right now I have advance chapters in there.

(My Pat-reon uses the new billing method which means if you pledge on 15th of this month, you will have to pay again on the day you pledged, ie, 15th of the next month. So whenever you subscribe, you will get a whole month.)

pátreon.com/God_Doom

(replace the á with a)

97