Chapter 86: A New god’s Confidence or Arrogance?
1.6k 8 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---

"Confidence...it's the food of the wise man, but the liquor of the fool."

—Vikram, [The Office]

---

[Ding! Quest generated. World choice detected...]

[Please choose one of the following actions...]

|•[1] A god never hides but he may run.

Task: Escape from the splintered space under Blackheart's control and save your divine life.

(Note: This particular quest has a time limit of 5 minutes.)

Reward: Original 'Tenseigan' perk card.

•[2] A god may not not run but he also must not die.

Task: Don't die. Stay alive until time runs out.

(Note: This particular quest has a time limit of 20 minutes.)

Reward: Perfected 'Rinnegan' perk card.

•[3] Life is more important than dignity.

Task: Make a deal with Blackheart to allow you to live and be his faithful servant for all eternity.

(Note: This particular quest has a time limit of 10 minutes.)

Reward: Servant grade 'Faustian contract' perk card.|

[Additional Note 1: In case of failure of completing the mission within the time limit, no extra penalties will be given.]

[Additional note 2: Punishments are not given by the system but any negative rewards are actually the most probable results of the host's choices & actions]

[Additional note 3: Due to the contradictory nature of the three choices in this case, only one can be selected]

"What the fck?" Rudeus yelled in absolute frustration as he could not believe what he had just read. This made both Ghost Rider and Blackheart focus their attention on Rudeus as they were both surprised at his visible outburst out of nowhere for no reason.

"I guess, you have finally realized how utterly hopeless this situation of yours is for now and how absolute my power is." Blackheart's demonic form said in an amused tone.

Listening to his arrogant boasting Rudeus barely controlled his desire to tell the idiot that he was surprised because of his system's fcking quest choices not because of how great his royal ass was.

But what Rudeus couldn't understand was the reason for such choices. Wasn't Blackheart just a spoiled prince from Hell? How hard could it be to defeat someone like him especially when most of his powers were taken away by his own father?

'Unless... this becomes another AU-type event that resembles the comics more than the movie. Shit. I guess, a man can't even get his nuke in peace.' Rudeus thought in utter sorrow due to the prospective loss of his much-desired magical nuke.

But still, he hardened his mind. If the system is saying that this fight is gonna be tough, then he should really look out for himself. But he still didn't believe that a mere demon prince could beat the current him. He should be much stronger. Magneto was only an exception because he was evolved by Cassandra but unimportant characters like Blackheart shouldn't be on a level that threatened Rudeus' own divine might.

He wondered which option should he choose. There was no choice that included defeating Blackheart, so he couldn't choose that.

He wasn't gonna choose the first option since there was no way he was gonna run with his metaphorical tail tugged between his legs and as for the third option, it was out of the question like it always is with these stupid useless third choices.

Actually, he could choose to leave through a boom tube but the original Tenseigan reward wasn't exactly much attractive to him. The Tenseigan had nothing that he couldn't already do. He already had stuff like energy constructs and resurrection ability.

But the Rinnegan, especially the so-called perfected one should be a treasure trove of various abilities if he were to go by the ordinary version of the eye. He wanted it. His versatility would increase a lot if he was able to get his hands on it. Also, the copying ability of the eye that it should have retained from its Sharingan counterpart could also provide a lot of help to him in learning magic quickly.

'It's decided then. I'll choose the second option.' Rudeus mentally chose the second quest as he was sure that he would not only be able to survive for twenty minutes but also might even have a chance of slaying the demon prince within that time.

'Maybe the system will even give me an additional reward for exceeding its expectations. Who knows?" Rudeus smiled to himself dreamily as he pictured a bonus rinne-sharingan on his forehead by the end of this battle.

All these thoughts were of course processed by Rudeus in just a few seconds. His outer appearance barely had any changes to display what he was thinking about. He didn't wait for someone else to start the battle anymore as he commenced the first attack.

He of course started with his signature mongrel killing ability. He opened small golden-red swirling portals through his inventory all around the demon army as divine red blades struck each and every demon's head in his vicinity, instantly killing them and turning them into black smoke.

He then cupped his hands and made a tennis-sized ball of pure concentrated red divine energy between his palms.

"Take this. Kame-hame, no I can't do this. Just eat this and go back to hell." Rudeus couldn't complete declaring the famous move due to the extreme cringe and just sent a kame-hame-ha blast straight to the demon prince's face.

The resulting blast was so destructive and powerful that almost all of the surrounding buildings got destroyed as a pure wave of red light blinded both Rudeus and the Ghost Rider who was currently burning demons around him with hellfire by the scores.

'As I thought. Not that difficult. Now, all I have to do is just collect the damn essence of the prince of Hell, and bam, I'll get my own personal magic bomb.' He thought as he confidently began to look at his surroundings.

But that was where things went terribly wrong for Rudeus because that was where he finally understood why the system had given him those particular choices.

All the demons that he and Ghost Rider had killed previously not only turned into black smoke but that smoke was now creating new demons, even more than the original number of demons the duo had previously killed.

Even Blackheart who Rudeus had previously blasted with his unique divine energy blast looked like he was just slapped by a child and not blasted to kingdom come by a beam of pure destruction. There was only a small light scorch mark on the demon prince's chest where he was hit directly and even that soon disappeared as it rapidly healed.

"I think you didn't understand what I said earlier. When I say this domain is mine, I mean that I am the complete overlord of this cutoff space. My will is absolute here. Not even death has any jurisdiction here without me giving permission." Blackheart yelled joyously as he spread his hands in a Jesus pose and gave a hearty victorious laugh.

'I screwed up, didn't I? I should have chosen my first choice. At least then, I would have gotten the Tenseigan and maybe I could have even come back to fight Blackheart later with new shiny eye powers.' Rudeus regretted his decisions, now that he understood that Blackheart basically had reality-altering magic powers in his new domain.

---

Don't forget to comment and 'favorite' this chapter if you like it.

Also, you can check out my Pat reøn page to read ahead or to support your fantastic author. 

(My Pat-reon uses the new billing method which means if you pledge on the 15th of this month, you will have to pay again on the day you pledged, ie, the 15th of the next month. So whenever you subscribe, you will get a whole month.)

pátreon.com/God_Doom

(replace the á with a)

68