Chapter 3: The Aftermath
843 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the end, Shirou can’t really do anything but watch Dr. Roman work. At least what little he did manage seems to have pissed off the villain of this entire situation quite a bit. Professor Lainur might have put on a ‘brave’ face so to speak after seeing how Shirou and the good doctor saved Olga, but no… Shirou could tell that he was pissed off.
 
That said, what the man had mentioned about Humanity and its future being burnt to a crisp… Shirou can only exchange a worried glance with Saber, even as Dr. Roman suddenly lets out a noise from over at the console.
 
“Aha!”
 
In an instant, Ritsuka and Mash Kyrielight arrive back in the control room, tumbling in through a portal in the air. Mash is carrying Ritsuka in her arms, the lilac-haired girl in a skintight black and purple armor that resembles something of a mini-dress. It all but exposes her ass, emphasizes her breasts, and shows off more than she’s probably okay with, if Shirou had to guess.
 
And yet, the demiservant isn’t worried about her appearance at this moment. She’s much more concerned about Ritsuka. The red haired girl, Chaldea’s last Master Candidate, is actually unconscious at the moment. Not a good sign, and as soon as the portal closes behind them, Dr. Roman races from his console over to Mash and Ritsuka, hurriedly checking them both over, even as Mash protests and stammers out a demand for him to look over Ritsuka first.
 
Once the good doctor actually does start checking on Ritsuka, the demiservant’s eyes do finally wander over to him and Saber… but there’s no recognition there, not until Mash’s gaze alights upon the unconscious form of Olga Marie Animusphere currently at their feet.
 
“… Who are they?”
 
Glancing over at them, Dr. Roman smiles.
 
“They, Mash… are Chaldea’s new cook and one of his assistants. They came to try and help, though I must admit, I’m a little surprised that Lainur didn’t try and target the kitchens as well.”
 
There’s a note of suspicion in Dr. Roman’s voice, but then to be fair, they’re already pretty suspicious, aren’t they? With a shrug, Shirou decides to tell the truth.
 
“He did try. One of my other… companions discovered the bomb before it could go off and disarmed it. Unfortunately, she only brought it to my attention moments before the rest of the explosives started to detonate, so there was no time to warn anyone.”
 
The doctor pauses at that, before slowly nodding.
 
“I see.”
 
Shirou can immediately tell that Dr. Roman is even more suspicious than before. He can even imagine why. After all, he’d just revealed that one of his kitchen ‘assistants’ was capable of disarming a bomb in the span of mere minutes. But what else was he going to do? Lie about it. The rest of the lies Shirou was telling already weighed heavily on his soul as it was.
 
“… What are you doing with the Director’s body?”
 
Mash’s next quiet accusation pulls them away from that line of questioning, at least. And in fact, it’s a question Shirou is all too happy to answer.
 
“Watching over her. I’m hoping thanks to Dr. Roman’s efforts, she’ll make a full recovery.”
 
That gets a wide-eyed look from Mash, who then snaps her gaze to Dr. Roman. The man nods, giving her a soft smile before finally pulling back from Ritsuka.
 
“He’s telling the truth. Without their help, I’m sure that Lev’s awful plans for the Director would have gone off without a hitch. As it is, I was only able to save her because of them. Anyways, Ms. Fujimaru is fine. She’s merely exhausted and needs to sleep off what just happened. Take her back to her quarters for me Mash, and then come find me.”
 
Mash hesitates, but rather than getting annoyed that she’s not following his orders without question, the good doctor just nods his head before looking to Olga.
 
“I’m not sure how long Director Animusphere will be out of commission. Given this state of emergency, I will be taking over as Acting Director for the time being. If anyone in this room has a problem with that, you may speak your piece now.”
 
Obviously, none of them did. Shirou couldn’t speak for Mash, but he felt like they could trust Dr. Roman. So far, he’d shown them no sign that he was an evil person. Beside him, he can sense Saber feels the same, as she’s completely relaxed. Mash, meanwhile, still hesitates… before nodding her head.
 
“Yes, Acting Director.”

With that, the demiservant finally turns and leaves the control room, carrying Ritsuka off to her bed, presumably. Dr. Roman, meanwhile, looks to them and then to Olga for a moment before clearing his throat.
 
“Would you both mind accompanying me to the medical lab? The Director should be able to recover there and hopefully, with enough time, wake up.”
 
Shirou exchanges a glance with Saber, noting how the Acting Director ordered Mash, but requested things from him and his companion. Technically they were part of the Chaldea Chain of Command, so there was no reason he couldn’t order them around. And yet, he was treating them like colleagues instead of subordinates. What exactly did he suspect?
 
… No, more importantly than that, did it really matter? In the end, the answer is obvious. Shirou gives Dr. Roman a nod, and Saber gently picks Olga’s unconscious body up off of the floor. The three of them make their way to Chaldea’s medbay from there, arriving quickly enough. From there, Dr. Roman directs Saber to place Olga in a particular bed, before going about hooking her up to several machines.
 
Shirou watches on, staring at Olga’s surprisingly peaceful face for a long moment. You wouldn’t think that she’d just come back from certain death. You wouldn’t think that she’d just dodged a truly awful fate. And yet, as he stares at her sleeping features, Shirou can’t help but hear her would-be final words in his head. Most would argue that being the Director of an organization like Chaldea was accomplishment enough. And yet, in what she’d believed to be her final moments, Olga hadn’t thought so.
 
He barely knew her, and yet… he still felt for her. She was a girl who had taken the weight of the world on her shoulders. He could only hope she would recover soon.
 
“Thank you. Feel free to return to your duties in the kitchen now. I’ll be in touch soon.”
 
Glancing up at Dr. Roman, Shirou smiles faintly and nods.
 
“Of course, Acting Director. Stop by for a meal any time. Or, barring that, let me know if you want to set up a meal plan so that we can deliver food directly to you.”
 
He can see the interest lighting up in Dr. Roman’s eyes at that. Shirou already has him pegged as the type of man who would definitely work through meals, so the offer to have the food delivered to him is one he’s clearly interested in.
 
“… Yes, we can discuss that later.”
 
For now, it’s as clear a dismissal as Shirou figures he’ll get, and so he clears his throat and has Saber follow him out of the medical bay. Together, the two of them make their way back to the kitchen in companionable but also contemplative silence. Things have changed dramatically since the day began. And yet… everything happens for a reason, doesn’t it?
 
“We’re back!”
 
Arriving back at the kitchen, they barely enter the cafeteria before Rin and Sakura come out of the back through the double doors. Arms crossed over her chest, Rin’s eyes immediately roam over them, as if seeking answers in their physical states before asking the obvious.
 
“Well? What happened? What did you-?!”
 
“Welcome back, Senpai. We have diligently held down the fort and protected the kitchen in your absence. I hope you are ready to uphold your end of the bargain.”
 
Sakura’s serene interruption of her sister’s questioning is met by Rin palming her face in exasperation. Chuckling at the two’s antics, Shirou just nods amicably.
 
“Yeah, let’s head to my room alright? That way, we can handle both at once.”
 
Rin frowns but doesn’t try to fight it as they all head to his quarters. Of course, as soon as they’re inside, Sakura slips her hand into his and leads him over to the bed. Shirou doesn’t fight it, even as the purple-haired girl makes him sit down on the edge of his bed. Then, she promptly drops to her knees, shedding a bit of her prim and proper schoolgirl persona as she efficiently and with experience unbuttons and unzips his pants, pulling out his cock.
 
The look in Sakura’s eyes as she gazes about Shirou’s member is… well, intense to say the least. It never fails to make Shirou blush just a little bit, even as she strokes him with both hands. Meanwhile, Rin also blushes at the sight of her younger sister leaping into things so fast. For a moment, she just stands there, frozen at the sight of his dick in Sakura’s hands.
 
It’s only when Sakura takes him in her mouth and begins to suck him off that Rin manages to break free of her momentary stupor, finally tearing her gaze away from the debauched sight. Since she can’t exactly look at Shirou without seeing Sakura sucking his dick, she instead turns to Saber.
 
“Well? What happened? Is everything dealt with? Are we good, or do we need to leave?”
 
Saber hesitates for a moment before shaking her head.
 
“… If the perpetrator of these attacks is to be believed, everything is not dealt with. But we also have nowhere to go. According to the man who Sakura caught trying to blow up the cafeteria and kitchen, everything outside of Chaldea, all of human existence… has been burnt to a crisp. We might be all that’s left.”
 
Even Sakura pauses briefly at that revelation, though she doesn’t hesitate for long before continuing to suckle at her prize for being a ‘good girl’. Rin, meanwhile, just stares at Saber for a long moment, eyes as wide as saucers and jaw agape.
 
“I-I’m s-sorry, w-what?!”
 
Deciding to take mercy on her, Shirou clears his throat and interjects.
 
“Perhaps it would be better to start from the beginning, when we first left the cafeteria. A lot happened…”
 
“Yes. Do that.”
 
Heh, not even a ‘please’. That was Rin to a T. Still, Shirou and Saber begin to explain, all the while Sakura bobs up and down on his cock. Rin is clearly trying to focus on the massive revelations that the pair are throwing her way, but she’s very much distracted by Sakura’s oral affections, even if she would never admit as much. Of course, when they get to the part where Shirou used Avalon to heal Olga…
 
“Excuse me?! You what?!”
 
In an instant, Rin stomps over and grabs Saber by the wrist, checking an unassuming bracelet inset with a lightly glimmering ruby hidden under her sleeve. She grumbles for a moment before walking over to Shirou as well, pulling a necklace inset with a large emerald out from under his shirt. After checking over both pieces of jewelry, she lets out a relieved sigh.
 
“They’re still working. Your disguises are intact… for now. If anyone had recognized you for who you actually were, these would have activated properly. Still, even if they don’t know our identities, they still have reason to suspect that not all is as it seems! What the hell were you thinking, you big dumb idiot?!”
 
Shirou just smiles sheepishly as Rin stuffs the necklace back down the front of his shirt none-too-gently. Indeed, that was half the reason why he’d been more than willing to go racing off to try and help with Saber at his side. Technically, no one who looked at them… at any of the four of them in fact, would see them for who they actually were. Instead, thanks to Rin’s Mystic Codes, their true identities were obfuscated.
 
Though, Rin wasn’t wrong. By standing out, they made it more and more likely someone would start to look harder at them, and her disguise jewelry wasn’t perfect, she’d admitted as much herself. By all rights, Shirou should have felt guilty and ashamed for what he’d done. He didn’t. Sure, he felt a little bad that he’d upset Rin, but he didn’t regret his actions. He couldn’t.
 
Looking at Rin, Shirou answers honestly.
 
“She didn’t deserve to die like that, Rin. And I could do something. So I did.”
 
Plain and simple. Of course, Shirou knows Rin just as well as he knows the others. All three are his lovers, not just Sakura. And he is theirs. How he got to this point, where he was being shared by three different women… Shirou couldn’t really wrap his head around it sometimes himself. But it was what it was, and he wouldn’t trade them for the world. Except, clearly Rin felt like he’d betrayed them in some way by acting out and saving Olga. Even if in the end it had been Dr. Roman who did the real saving, she felt like he’d taken an unacceptable risk with what he DID do.
 
Shirou isn’t surprised when Rin goes even redder with anger, her hands clenching into white-knuckled fists.
 
“So you did… so you did?! You irresponsible-eep!”
 
However, before she can really start her tirade and properly pop off at him, something else happens. Namely, a tendril of shadowy magic slips out of Sakura and grabs Rin by her wrist, abruptly yanking her down to her knees right alongside her younger sister.
 
Pulling off of his cock with a pop as Rin starts to squawk in protest, Sakura fixes her older sister with a simple gaze.
 
“You’re talking too much and it’s distracting Senpai from what really matters. Shut up and put that mouth of yours to use doing something better.”
 
Rin blushes profusely at that, but knows full well that Sakura will make her if she doesn’t go along. Scowling furiously, she grabs hold of Shirou’s cock and gives it a slightly too-hard squeeze. Then, she glares up at him as she leans forward.
 
“This conversation isn’t over, Shirou. Oomph.”
 
With that, she takes him in her mouth and begins sucking him off. Her and her sister’s techniques are similar but also rather different, and Shirou groans his appreciation… which prompts Rin to suck him a little faster. Despite her attitude, she got off on him enjoying her mouth just as much as Sakura did.
 
In the background, even Saber has begun stripping naked. But then to be fair, Shirou had promised them all that he would do ‘that thing they liked’ if they went along with his decision to split the party earlier. And ‘that thing they liked’ was… of course, copious amounts of sex with him. Enough sex that he probably would sleep in past food prep tomorrow morning, which was why Shirou usually tried to limit things and create boundaries.
 
Still… he’d promised. And Shirou always tried to keep his promises.

26