Ch: 150 [Out of retirement]
219 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Paradise Island]

The preparation for the concert was going really well. Jean, Storm, and everyone were busy organizing everything to make it as good as possible. The public was hyped, so there was no way they could disappoint them. Besides, Madelyne is having a nice time as she helps out wherever possible. Making new memories is hard as fuck, but she is doing better than I imagined. No power surge or anything in the past couple of days, which is a relief.

I have put the Illuminati to work to find out Apocalypse's movements or his whereabouts. Nothing yet, though. He is either biding his time or hiding from me, knowing that I can't track him down. I know for sure that he won't waste such an opportunity when so many mutants will gather in one place. Either way, I'll get him eventually and kill that fucker for good.

There's some good news. Killer Frost and Caitlin Snow are back! It took them a while to recover their minds and bodies, but now both are fully functional. Well, Frost still looks like a sexy ice queen, and Caitlin is still adorable and cute, so nothing changed much in that department. Now, with two bodies and independent minds, we can double our love sessions. Yay! Jokes aside, it's great that they are fine. Frost even volunteered to help with the concert without even me asking. Well, the more hands we have, the better.

As for me, I have been fortifying the island's defenses as much as possible. Can't take risks with this upcoming battle. Today, I have put in the final touch. It's a secret that will be revealed in case my plan fails and Apocalypse gets the upper hand.

"Here you go," Frost threw a beer bottle at me.

"Thanks," I caught the cold bottle and opened it. "How are things on your side?"

"Everything is going well. Hope Jubilee doesn't blow up the stage again," Frost rolls her eyes.

"Again? What happened?" I took a sip from the beer bottle.

"She tried practicing her fireworks show yesterday and ended up burning half the stage. Luckily, Volcana stopped the fire before it spread too far," Frost sighs and takes a sip from her beer bottle too.

"Hahaha... Good old Jubilee," I chuckled.

"You should ban her from using her power. She is becoming quite a menace lately," She narrows her eyes at me.

"Don't be hard on her. She is just young and energetic," I shake my head.

"Well, if she burns the stage before the concert even starts, I will freeze her ass off till the concert is over," Frost declares.

"Alright, alright. Don't be too hard on her," I raise my hand to appease her. "I will talk to her."

"Good. By the way, have you seen the latest news?" She finished her beer bottle and threw it in the bin.

"What news?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Abomination nearly killed Superman. He had these weird Kryptonite graftings on his skin. If it weren't for Wonder Woman saving him, Superman would have died," She starts opening another beer bottle. "But before she could finish that freak off, he just vanished in thin air or so everyone thought. But it turns out he somehow got a hold of the negative speed force and ran away. Now the Justice League is on a manhunt to find him."

"Interesting," I rub my chin. No one informed me about this shit. I wonder what you are gonna do now Waller? I knew she was an insane person, but this... Nope, she has to go from the new Pentagon. I will put Fury in charge in her place. I stood up, "Thanks for the new update, Frost."

"A kiss will do," She pouts her lips.

"Be happy with a little one for now. I have to do something really important," I lean and peck her on the lips.

"I'll let you make it up for it after you are done," Frost smiled at me.

"Promise," I teleported back to my office and summoned both Waller, Fury, and Bruce for a nice chat in the holographic meeting room.

It would seem they forgot who's the boss. I knew that creepy Waller would try to pull something like this. Let go of a small timer to catch a bigger one, but not without my approval. And as for the Justice League, Bruce should have informed me about the situation. Now, those who got hurt during the confrontation will point their fingers at me, the boss of all heroes, for letting a super-criminal escape. They won't see or care about the middle person who's trying to set me up. I have had enough of the idiocy going around here. It's time to set things straight once again.

The holographic meeting started. Everyone was too quiet to the point it was annoying. As I stared at them, everyone began to fidget, looking away from my gaze.

"You know why I called you two, right? Waller, Bruce..." I finally said.

"It was a small incident. Abomination caught him off guard in his office. I was going to submit an official report, but with all the preparations going on, and you focusing on Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister, I didn't want to disturb you with another problem. Justice League will handle this matter and capture Abomination and the ones behind him. Give us a week," Bruce tried to excuse himself.

"Three days," I looked at Bruce, "Find Abomination or information about the people behind him and the source from where he got all that Kryptonite. After three days, I need at least one lead. I give you full authority to use whatever resources or personnel you want to handle this issue."

"I see... I think I might have an idea of where he might have got the Kryptonite. Will investigate that right away and submit a full report as soon as possible," Bruce stood up.

"You can leave," I turned my gaze to Waller.

"You are fired. You, and your team, starting this moment, are stripped of all the power you possess and are placed under arrest. Anyone with links to you will have their powers removed as well. Resist and you will be killed on the spot," I ordered as she sat there quietly.

"Might I know the reason?" She looked down at the table, her whole face void of any emotions.

"Look at you bitch, trying to act like nothing's wrong. You think I don't know who let Abomination escape from the Pentagon? Anyway, I am busy. So, fuck off, bitch. Your time to plot behind the scenes is over. Oh, next time, I will erase your existence from the face of this universe, "I slammed the desk.

Phew! I calmed down my nerves and turned toward Fury, "How's retirement working out for you?"

"Retirement is shit," Fury rolled her eyes.

"Great," I smirk.

"Want to come back?"

"Will be fucking great, as long as I don't have to babysit some newbie heroes."

"You are in charge of the Pentagon starting today. The Suicide Squad and the metahumans in that place will be under your direct supervision and authority. Use them as you see fit, but let me know before you take any big actions. I don't want you to repeat the same mistake as Waller," I leaned on my seat.

"Pentagon. Well, I spent years in the space station and on land. So, it would be a nice change to spend some time underwater," Fury stood up with a smile.

"Any more questions or concerns?" I asked.

"Just one. What about her family?"

"They haven't done anything wrong, so, I will support them."

"Got it. Will finish things off here as fast as I can and leave for duty."

Thus, the meeting ended. Waller is down for good, while Bruce will deal with his old mess once again, trying his hardest to solve this case before the deadline. As for me, I am hungry. Might as well grab some food.

---

Support Link: www.pat reon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐Read 7 advance Chapters⭐ 

[Exclusive r18 contents] + [Early access to Big Brother in Marvel]

---

Next Ch: Madelyne and Rogue

10