Chapter 2: Evee Is A Fire Pokemon, Right?
36 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I've actually only made it to level 50 or so in the game, so I might not know some twists that happen in the game. Also, I'm not much of PVP player, so if I don't have a good grasp of the pvp items, forgive me.

 

Finally left with a chance to think, I walk slowly behind Ambrose and his owl, gently petting the fire-kitty in my arms.

The job interview was the last thing I remember before waking up with Ambrose leaning over me. Those questions the interviewers asked were the same questions that the game asks you when choosing your school of magic.

I stop my thoughts to question my acceptance of the situation. It wouldn’t be out of the question to have been brainwashed somehow, especially if magic is real.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with my thought process, I’ve always wanted to go to Hogwarts to learn magic. I just ended up at the kid-friendly version of Hogwarts somehow. 

My parents will miss me, I know. But this is magic, real magic. How could anyone expect me to give that up? And there is world hopping magic in wizard101. I played enough of it as a kid to know that, so someday, I will be able to return home. I’m sure of it.

As we go through the gate to the commons, my breath catches. Students of all different sorts walk around wearing colorful robes, followed by even more colorful pets. I watch as one teenager who has wings coming out of his back casually flies by us. 

I glance at the spot where I remember Penny, a death student quest giver, waits for you in the game. A group of students sit chatting excitedly in the spot, and I don’t see Penny there.

One of the students turns to look at me, and I’m surprised to see a Lizard-person from Krokotopia. Krokotopia is a desert planet based loosely off of egypt, if I remember correctly. It’s strange to see a not-cartoonish version of all of the races I remember from the story of Wizard 101. 

I quickly drag my gaze away from the lizard-person to continue following Ambrose. It’s a surprisingly long walk to the Headmaster’s office, but then again, everything is so much bigger than it appears in the game.

Penny isn’t in her spot, am I in a different time period of the game? Or was she not there because I’m not at the point in the game where I could accept her quests? I think the first thing I’ll want to do is check to see if the Death building is behind the waterfall or not, that will give me some idea of the timeline.

In the game, the highest level I’d gotten was around level fifty, and that was two years ago when I was sixteen. If anything important happened after the defeat of malistaire, I probably don’t know about it, I barely remember that plot line as it is.

My next question is, why me? Why was I summoned to this world? I’m a smart guy that could have gone to university if I hadn’t wanted to take a gap year, but I’m not that smart. 

That might be a question Ambrose could answer.

We enter Ambrose’s office and I’m rather surprised to see no students currently in there. I’d half expected a crowd of students surrounding the office wanting to ask Ambrose questions. That’s how it always looked in the game.

Instead, Ambrose’s office is a magical looking room with piles of books sitting all around the room, piles of books rested in front of doors and on top of tables. Ambrose himself sat next to his desk and behind a blue orb which was showing images of people I didn’t recognize.

Gamma the owl leaves Ambrose’s shoulder, magically opening one of the three doors in the room. I glimpse floating orbs over a spiral before the door closes behind the owl.

Ambrose moves to his desk, rustling through papers before pulling out a group of papers with a listing of classes on them, “While you choose your first year classes, I will get you registered.” He says, pulling out more papers from the pile on his desk, “I’d recommend choosing a secondary school other than Flame. It never hurts to diversify your skills.”

He hands the papers over to me and the fire cat in my arms quickly jumps out to explore the office. I glance over the long list of classes listed under various majors. Huh. I hadn’t actually expected to be taking classes. You never did in the game, which is kinda funny if you think about it.

“Why was I chosen, Ambrose?” I ask, looking away from the papers. The question had been weighing on my mind during our walk. “Why was I the one chosen to enter this school?”

Ambrose looks up at me with a twinkle in his eye. “Why, I have no idea.” He smiles at me, “You must have quite the luck.”

“That wasn’t the answer I was hoping for.” I respond, looking back at the list of classes in my hand.

 

Wizard 101: Intro to magic.

An introduction to the basics of magic. No wand use required.

 

Wizard 102: (required for Pyromancers): Intro To Explosions

An introduction to the basics of Pyromancy, covers the fundamentals of flame magic with

 a focus on the dueling aspect of Pyromancy. Wand use required.

 

Wizard 103…

 

I flip through the pages as classes for gardening, crafting, monstrology, dueling, and various other schools of magic are listed.

I sit on a chair in the corner of the room, reading more closely the description of each class. Gently moving a pile of books off of the table, I reach for the notepad on the table. The quill and ink makes me pause for a moment, but I’ve used them before when visiting some historians, so it doesn’t take me too long to write down the classes I’m interested in.

The office is quiet except from the gentle scratching of pens on paper. There are so many options to choose for classes, that I’m having a little bit of trouble figuring out what I want to focus on.

Thankfully, Ambrose doesn’t seem to be in a rush. I notice him glancing at the blue orb every once in a while, interested in some of the scenes it was showing. 

So gardening, monstrology, or crafting? I have no interest in Fishing, and I’ll definitely be taking some dueling classes.

Gardening honestly sounds the most interesting, but I have so little experience in it… Oh, what the heck, I’m in a new world. It’s the perfect time to try something I’ve never done before.

Now for my secondary school…. Who am I kidding? I’ve always had an edgy streak, I’m going to definitely choose the death school.

I stand up and walk over to the desk, handing the list of classes I was interested in over to Ambrose.

Wizard 102: Intro to Explosions

Wizard 105: Intro to Death

 

Dueling 101: The Basics of Dueling

 

Gardening 101: Basics of Gardening

 

“Do you think that’s enough classes?” I ask. The classes weren’t exactly clear on how tough they were or how much of my time they would take up.

“It looks perfect for you, I will register you with the professors immediately.” Ambrose says, placing the piece of paper on top of his stack of papers. He turns back to what he is working on, but before he can start, I speak up.

“Excuse me, but um… I don’t exactly have any money on me. And I don’t know where I’m supposed to live…” 

Ambrose looks up with a smile, “not to worry, a dorm room will be provided. As for money… I’ve heard that some ghosts have been reappearing on Unicorn Way. If you can defeat some and hand their essence over to Private Connelly, I’m sure he’d reward you handsomely.” Something appears to occur to him and he reaches under his desk, pulling out a simple looking backpack. “That reminds me, here is a backpack for you, it is a rather interesting magical artifact that we give to all our students. But, I’ll let you explore that on your own. Good luck out there. I hope you enjoy your time here at Ravenwood.”

I accept the backpack questioningly, I peak inside and am surprised to see more space on the inside than it appeared on the outside. A small wand and map sit on the bottom of the bag.

I nod at him gratefully, he acknowledges my nod with a wave of his hand, and I leave his office.

I pause once I’m outside the office. Did he just tell me, someone who literally knows one spell, to hunt ghosts? I mean, they are the ghosts on unicorn way, the easiest mob in the game. But still, isn’t that dangerous? And who’s to say that they won’t be more powerful than the game said they were?

I look down at my ankles where the fire cat is currently purring as he rubs his head against my leg.

“You know how to fight ghosts, right?” I ask the cat. The cat just purrs in response. “Speaking of, why haven’t you despawned yet?” I wonder out loud, picking up the cat who offers no resistance.

“Probably because he likes you.” A quiet female voice says next to me. I turn to look at her, her life-school’s green robes the first thing that I see. The girl looks away embarrassed. Her blue eyes staring at the ground from behind her glasses. She almost tries to shrink into her long brown hair. “Spirits sometimes stick around when they meet people that they like.” She mumbles into her hair.

“Thanks for explaining that. I’m pretty new around here.” I gesture to myself and for the first time notice the strange orange robe I’m wearing. I shake my head, and hold out my hand. “I’m Chris.”

“Evee.” She responds, slowly reaching out to shake my hand.

“Hi Evee.” I smile at her to try and put her at ease, she’s obviously one of those introverts who have trouble with making conversation. “As I said, I’m new around here. The Headmaster told me to speak with Private Connelly on Unicorn Way. I’m not sure where that is. Could you point me in the right direction?”

“I was going to see the Headmaster…” She looks at the office I just left.

I open my mouth to tell her she doesn’t have to show me the way, but she speaks before I can.

“But that can wait. I’ll show you.” She nods, making her decision final. She starts walking without waiting for a response.

I shrug, and follow her, still holding onto the cat who is content to be carried.

I remember thinking about how long the walk around the commons was in the game, but that’s nothing compared to actually walking it. It takes us a good ten minutes to walk around the lake and cross the bridge next to the waterfall.

I glance at the waterfall, knowing about the hidden passage behind it, but it doesn’t keep my attention for long as we continue our walk. 

Evee shoots glances at me every few seconds during our walk, maybe she is wondering at why I seem so amazed by everything we see. The magical creature that casually walk around following wizards with their pointed hats is something I hope I never get used to.

It’s just so cool.

I had been wondering at my quick acceptance of the whole situation, but it’s kinda hard to deny that magic is real, when you see people riding on moving trees. I’m honestly not one to question reality too much, since I find that questioning what you’re seeing can be a dangerous rabbit hole.

We make it to the entrance to Unicorn Way quickly, a giant sign over an archway making it clear that it was the right street. Evee turns to me at the entrance, nervous. “Um.. this is it. I’ll… I’ll see you around sometime Chris.”

“See you around Evee, and thanks for showing me the way.” I respond, looking at the imposing archway questioningly.

“Mhm.” She responds, before turning to walk away. After a second, she turns back, “If you ever want to talk or hang out, I’m at the library a lot.” She blushes after saying something so loudly, and practically runs back the way we came.

I don’t think she has a crush on me, although she is showing some of the signs.

No. She doesn’t have a crush on me. I watch as she accidentally bumps into someone and blushes, hiding in her hair as she apologizes. She’s just shy I guess.

I turn my attention back to the entrance to unicorn way, squeezing the cat in my arms slightly as I consider it. The fire cat protests lightly with a meow.

Oh, what the heck. They’re only ghosts.

I step through the archway.

 

I've actually only made it to level 50 or so in the game, so I might not know some twists that happen in the game. Also, I'm not much of a PVP player, so if I don't have a good grasp of the pvp items, forgive me.

0