Eternal Lovers Chapter 1
1.6k 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Authors note* Thanks for your patience! Enjoy ~ (T▽T))

 

“Hey, get up right away! If you don’t I will beat you with a rod!!! Today you are to meet your future husband you ungrateful slob!” Slowly the villain opened her dark powerful eyes as she was roughly slapped awake. The angry older woman became frozen once her gaze fell onto the child's dark dead, eyes that held a powerful intent behind them. However she quickly snapped back into her regular self as she again slapped the young girl with seemingly defiant eyes. “How dare you look at your Mother that way, I ought to whip you just for that ungrateful look, lucky for you I am a gentle woman and will instead let you off with a warning today. Now quickly take a bath and get dressed, you filthy child!” quickly the woman left leaving the young girl all alone in the small, shabby room. 

 

“System, send me the info on this world.” the villain telepathically requested, her face emotionless as her eyes held no life in them.  

 

“Yes, Host.”

 

“This world is an ancient one called “Eternal Lovers,” in this world the protagonist is a young girl named Huā Měilì who grew up under the influence of her strong father the general, because his favorite wife died when his daughter was born he spoiled Huā Měilì while also teaching her the way of the sword and letting her grow up to be like him defiant and reluctant to follow the social norm. Due to this, the world's ML (male lead) Ling Shun quickly became infatuated with her, falling in love. That is where your role comes in, you are Song Shai, the ML’s fiance. Before the world’s ML met the world's FL (female lead) he was quite the player, fooling around with many woman, because he was kind and smiled, many woman fell for him, including (you) Song Shai, the villain. Although Song Shai was the daughter of a duke, her mother was only a secondary wife, leading to many scorning her existence, as though she were a stain on the family. Her father never cared for her and although Song Shai’s birth allowed for her mother who used to be a maid to instead become a second wife, her mother was not happy and hated Song Shai for not being born a boy. Due to this Song Shai was not treated like your typical duke’s daughter, instead she was often bullied by her half siblings, abused by her mother, ignored by her father, and neglected by the maids. Because of all of this, Song Shai’s heart darkened as she lead a lonely and dark existence, it was only after she met the ML, her fiance, that her world became bright. Due to the ML’s flirty nature, upon meeting his future fiance he smiled brightly at her, seeing his smile Song Shai tripped as she had only ever been smiled at in a taunting manner. Thus, seeing a gentle smile startled her making her lose her balance, the ML being a gentleman quickly catched her, whispering how cute she was right into her ear. This further lead to Song Shai becoming flustered, and as the final blow he presented her with a gift of flowers and a small kiss on the cheek. This in turn enchanted the future villain. Although all those actions were meaningless to the Ml, to Song Shai they became priceless memories as she had never been treated kindly before. Therefore, later when she saw the protagonist getting along so well with her fiance, the ML. She became depressed and bitter, slowly Song Shai turned those emotions into hatred towards Huā Měilì the female lead, resulting in the male lead Ling Shun to become furious with Song Shai. As time went by Song Shai’s behavior escalated until the ML could no longer tolerate it as he quickly poisoned Song Shai, but instead of killing the villain it caused her to grow extremely weak, at this point the ML used her being weak as an excuse to break of his engagement, because her engagement was broken and she no longer served any use, the Song family finally kicked her out on the street, with no money or food and a terrible reputation she was refused jobs and often beaten for ever causing shame to the great Ling shun and his wife Ling Měilì. Shortly after the villain finally died on the streets lamenting her existence,  leaving the couple to live happily ever after.” 

 

“Why do low level worlds always have to be so melodramatic.” the villain sighed who was now Song Shai. “I guess I’ll take a bath now since it’s going to be a long day with meeting the Ml” Song Shai thought as she got into the ice cold tub that had seemingly been prepared for her, yet there had been no regard for the waters temperature. With no servants around to help, the villain emotionlessly bathed, unfazed by the freezing water as she had often experienced such treatment, instead she sat in the freezing tub thinking about the current world, hoping that she would gain enough points to feed her glowing death orb. 

 

After about half an hour Song Shai finished getting dressed and slowly walked to the outside of  her small courtyard only to be greeted by her angry mother. “It took you long enough, now hurry up and get inside the carriage. Today you shall meet your fiance, the great Ling Shun, son of the emperor's right hand man. Your lucky your father could get you such a catch considering how ugly you are.” Song Shai paid no attention to her supposed mother's words as she feebly got into the carriage. Since Song Shai was never loved or treated kindly by the servants she had not yet had her morning meal, however, this came as no surprise as she was often forgotten to be fed. 

 

“This body is a little troublesome.” Song Shai emotionlessly thought to herself as though she were talking about something completely unrelated to her, when in fact she was talking about her current body. From bathing and getting dressed she was able to get a good look at her current appearance, she was in the body of a fourteen year old frail girl. Her hair was long, and dark that was quite knotted and unhealthy looking due to always being malnourished, luckily she had combed it and applied an oil to make it look a little better. Her body was a little harder to deal with, she was very skinny and her skin had a yellow pale tint, what was worse was that under all her clothes she had many ugly bruises and scars that would not be easily healed. Apart from all that, she had a pretty beautiful face, plump thin lips, a cute little nose and small arched eyebrows, the only thing that looked out of place were her dead fish like eyes. For the villain, although this body wasn’t ideal, it was certainly a step up from her last few bodies, so the villain paid no mind to her ugly frail, appearance and instead silently sat in the carriage. 

 

From what the system said she had learned that to get to her “fiance's” residence, it would take about half a day of travel. Her stomach churned from constant malnutrition but Song Shai paid it no mind, although she was hungry, long ago due to her villain roles she had learned to become immune to the hunger pains and instead ignored them as  she hopped into a carriage beginning her journey. Hours past and she finally ended up in the great capital where the ML lived, at this point Song Shai decided to look out the window and enjoy the view. Due to her low status in the Song family, she was given the worst carriage and slowest horse, that's why the ride ended up taking a few few more hours then Song Shai had been informed by the system, but because of this she was able to truly see everything in sight. 

 

Before long, she arrived at her fiance's estate. Lazily she opened her eyes and stepped out of the carriage knowing full well that the carriage driver would not do his job of assisting her out. Quickly a few maids shuffled out of the estate greeting her. “Hello Miss Song Shai, Master Ling Shun has been eagerly awaiting your visit.” Song Shai mockingly laughed in her head at the thought as she could clearly see signs of love making towards the maids necks. “Eagerly awaiting, haha ya right, I knew he was a player but not to this extent, the original soul truly was too pure.” Song Shai uttered in her head while keeping a meek look on her face as she walked behind the maids.

 

Once Song Shai entered the estates massive accommodation room she quickly heard a young man's voice.  “Hello, lovely lady, how do you do?” A handsome man flirtatiously spoke with a plastered smile, presumably the ML.

 

“I-I am f-fine.” Song Shai meekly spoke as she quickly transformed into her character, keeping her head bowed down low hiding as a twinge of mockery reflected in her dark lifeless eyes. 

 

You should look at someone when they are speaking to you.” The ML said playfully, finally he got Song Shai attention as she looked up at him and seemed too flustered as she looked at his bright smiling face. She seemed to want to come closer as she slowly put her foot forward, but in that second she tripped as he caught her in his arms. 

 

“My, my, how cute.” The ML joked as he caught her, smoothly reaching for a flower in the vase on the table beside them and placing it in Song Shai open hand. Then before she could back away he got closer to her and gave her a small peck on the lips. In that moment the villain wanted to gag, however she forced herself to keep a straight face as she quickly pulled away  accepting the flower. 

 

“W-we should talk about the engagement details now, r-right?” Song Shai spoke meekly, looking down again as her dark, dead eyes slightly shook.

 

“Ah, yes, your cute appearance seems to have distracted me. Let’s talk more in the guest room.” The ML again smoothly spoke as the two walked into the guest room to finalize the engagement through the signing of scrolls.

 

Afterwards they talked for a little, while the ML continued to stare behind Song Shais back at every maid that walked in. Giving them a subtle wink.

 

Before long there meeting was finally over, Song Shai meekly got up, again following the maids as she slowly left the estate still keeping on a meek expression. As Ling Shun walked her to the gates he subtly winked at the maids signaling that they would likely leave where they left off before Song Shai came, unfortunately for them Song Shai was all too familiar with behind the back secrecy so none of it went unnoticed. Yet Song Shai could truly care less, so she meekly waved back at him putting on a facade as though she knew nothing. 

 

Quickly she scurried back to the carriage where the coach man reprimanded her for talking so long, again though Song Shai zoned out, paying no mind to the angry man as she emotionlessly started scrubbing her lips with her shabby dress sleeve. Although it was a mere peck, it was enough to put the villain on edge. 

 

There were two facts that the villain clearly remembered from her original world that she never wanted to change. #1 she had never really fallen in love or been loved by someone, being the villain would not change this. #2 she had never learned how to cook, whenever she did cook it never turned out right. The villain never wanted to change these two things in order to keep true to her original self, even though it had been lost long ago. 

 

Regarding fact #1, although the villain was never really loved, there were still instances where she would be kissed or played around by the ML or other men in different worlds. Luckily for the villain she was allowed to program one time to permanent autopilot. In the beginning, her pure and innocent self decided to program autopilot for whenever the villain was in any type of sexual situation. However that unfortunately did not include simple kisses, like a simple kiss on the lips, or one on the cheek. So although she had never done anything with another man, she was still forced into being kissed by those she did not love. In the beginning worlds she had been naive and trusted the men who had kissed her and vowed to protect her, yet, instead they ended up being the ones who would end up torturing and killing her in the end. Therefore whenever she was kissed it would bring back all the horrible memories, making her want to gag and scratch her lips clean often until they bled.

At the beginning after deciding to skip any sexual activities she was angry at herself and had often lamented her past self for being foolish and not skipping any of the painful tortures she went through. However, now that she had become a numb brink she no longer felt that way. Instead, she was grateful to her naive self for involuntarily protecting one of the two things she could clearly remember about her former self. 

 

As for fact #2, due to her villain status she was usually a noble or someone to ‘important’ to know how to cook, or someone who was bad at cooking, so luckily for her she did not even have to put any effort into preserving that fact.

 

As her carriage slowly started to descend out of the capital, she looked out the window in silent thought. Just as she was about to stop looking out the window she saw a strange scene transpire, there was a group of shabby looking men surrounding a frail small body. Since the carriage had just reached the outskirts of the capital, it was not weird to see beggars and poorer folk, however what was strange was that the older men seemed to be beating up the young boy who already looked to be long past the point of living before he had even started to receive the beatings. 

 

Yet, although Song Shai thought it was weird, she felt no shame in turning away and not helping, after all she was the villain, she no longer held any compassion in her heart for others.  Besides, if she acted OOC she would lose precious points that were meant for her death orb. 

 

Just as the villain thought this, she saw the seemingly lifeless, grimy boy jump up and punch the man closest to him as his eyelids fluttered open while he held a hand to his stomach. But before the beggar boy could do anymore damage he was quickly kicked in the stomach and fell back down.

 

Upon seeing the entire scene, for the first time in a long time the villain became stunned, however, it was not due to his horrible appearance that startled her. Instead it was his dark soul piercing eyes filled with a mix of hatred for the world and hopelessness that stared up at her for just a mere moment. Although he looked up at her for just a second, it seemed to last an eternity as the villain was shook to her core. She had seen those eyes so many times before. She had memorized those never changing eyes in every world, those eyes were the same eyes that stared back in her mirror. Those were her eyes. Eyes that she had developed many, many worlds ago, that foretold of countless trails of pain, eyes that could stare into the depths of one’s soul, eyes that held an otherworldly feel to them. Eyes that gave up, that were lifeless and dead.

 

“STOP!”

 

Before Anyone starts worrying, the yandere is NOT the ML of this world, also if anything is confusing about the plot please comment below and I will try to answer any questions that aren't related to spoilers in the story, anyways I hope you keep reading as it’s just about to get good, Mwhahah (`∀´)Ψ

27