The CEO Is My Lover: Arc 2 Chapter 4
910 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Is this really him? No, it must be but…  what could have happened…? Sage was perplexed as she looked at the dark, inky black eyes that no longer seemed to hold any light or sense of fight like they did in the last world.

 

His eyes weren’t that blackened when I left him, could it have been from this life? No, it must have been from the last one… but I left him with everything he’d need in the last life, he even said he found a fiance. So why… why do his eyes look so black and empty? It’s almost impossible to turn that black in just a single world...right? Well, his eyes were dark to begin with, but I haven’t completely ruled out the idea that that's due to the fact that he might be a part of a system. Anyways, perhaps his eyes darkened so much because he was tortured or betrayed in the last world by someone he loved...? Maybe by the unknown fiance?

 

If that’s the case, I guess in this life I will have to find someone better for him. Sage thought as she continued to emotionlessly stare back at the man.

 

Seeing that the emotionless beauty in front of him had no intentions of speaking but instead continued to stare, Jiro decided to go ahead and talk.

 

“Why are you just standing and staring, the door to the Bar is on the other side.” The man mockingly scoffed.

 

Sage didn’t say anything, she just started ripping the sleeves of her shirt and wrapped the fabric around the man’s bleeding wounds. 

 

Dazed Jiro watched before quickly snapping out of it.

 

“Ha, you’re wasting your time and effort. This body's not gonna care in a few hours.” Jiro vaguely spoke with a mocking tone.

 

Little did he know, Sage already knew that his words meant he was planning to kill himself. So instead she just continued on. Afterall the Villain had other plans. 

 

“JUST LEAVE ALREADY!” Angrily the man yelled as his eyes turned even darker.

 

She will surely leave now. The weary young man hoped, he had no more energy for difficult things in life, his soul had already long ago reached a tired state, too taxed to live on.

 

Contrary to his expectations, the emotionless woman looked indifferent as she continued to wrap his wounds and stay. 

 

Just who is she!? Suddenly the man's soul felt a strange but familiar twinge as his body longed to look up. Unknown strength filled the man's body as his tired head bobbed up forcing his unbalanced gaze upon the beauty, it only took a moment for his eyes to focus before something in his soul shook. 

 

Although the man suffered a lot in his life he had never hated or been afraid of anything as his soul seemed oddly used to such things. Yet, from the time he was a kid he always hated dreams. Why? Because he would always have one repeated dream that chilled him to his core. In it, he would be chasing after an unknown woman, he could not see any of her features or her face but still he ran after her for only then did he feel a strange feeling of warmth and light so comforting that his body wished to remain within the dream forever. However, just as he realized that happiness and was finally able to catch up to the unknown beauty everything turned a liquid red, as dark, soul piercing eyes stared deep into his soul. Then the light disappeared and the darkness swallowed him whole. 

 

Every night as a kid he would wake up with red tear stained eyes screaming drenched in sweat only to be abused by the maids for waking them up. Slowly as he grew older the nightmares came less and less as he realized that those eyes did not exist in this world, nor did the warm light. For how could it? Nothing could ever be capable of caring for him in this world.

 

Yet now as he looked at the emotionless beauty in front of him, his dead soul silently shook, although he didn’t recognize the face, those eyes scared him. Something in his soul told him to run, for if he didn’t he would be swallowed by those deep, dark, misty eyes. He felt if he stayed his soul would get to taste the sweet release of heaven, only to be plunged into the darkest depths of hell, all alone. Something in his soul told him he couldn't handle it, that doing so would break him, it was as though it had felt it once before and didn’t wish to experience the hellish torment again. 

 

Thinking this, his weak body slowly tried to inch away looking for an escape, as if he were prey about to be caught by a predator. Ah I can use that. One thought filled the young mans mind as his eyes shined with resolution. Unexpectedly, he pulled out the secret gun he had kept all this time, pointing the gun towards his head. 

 

Those eyes can’t haunt me if I’m dead. Bitterly the man thought closing his eyes before pulling the trigger. Long ago his soul gave up living in this cruel world, so why now, when he was at his lowest did the strange beauty show up? Ha, it doesn’t matter. In a swift motion his finger went towards the trigger but before he could do any damage, the cold beauty instantly knocked the gun out of his hands and instead took it. 

 

“Ah, wanting to leave so quick, what a waste.” The villains eyes turned frigid, she had not wasted the majority of her leftover points only to have this man die on her in the first world. They had a contract. She was hungry, She wanted her food!

 

Looking at the gun an evil grin spread across her eyes. She took the gun, quickly twisting the gun barrel before making sure there was only one bullet. Then she pointed the pistol towards his head. 

 

“Shall we play a game?”

 

“...?”

 

“Let’s play Russian roulette. I shall point the gun at you first and shoot, if the bullet is in the first chamber then you get your wish and die. If no bullet comes out, then I turn the gun towards my own head and shoot. If I die then that’s the end, however, if we both live after one round, then you must come work under me as my secretary.

In the event that that happens, I will give you good pay, a place to stay and pay off any and all debts you may have. How does that sound?”

 

“W-what…? Why would you go so far...for a stranger?” Jiro stuttered looking bewildered.

 

“...Why? Because it’s you.” 

 

You agreed to become my cook after all. Sage thought looking towards Jiro. 

 

Before Jiro could respond, Sage pointed the gun at him and pulled the trigger. 

 

Hope you're enjoying the story so far, as always, comments or becoming an official reader are always greatly appreciated! 

Jun: "If taking a bullet will let me follow you then I will take a hundred!"

The Villain: "Shoo."

Jun: "Ah, my honey doesn't want me to get hurt!"

The Villain: ಠ_ಠ

20