The CEO Is My Lover: Arc 2 Chapter 13
850 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As 7:00pm approached, Jun diligently chauffeured Sage to her location, silently he lamented the fact that she had chosen to eat at starlight restaurant. It was one of the most prestigious restaurants which meant that she was still in love with the unknown man.

 

One way or another, I'll make him disappear! Jun evilly chuckled, his eyes growing darker as he cracked his knuckles. 

 

Sage decided to ignore Jun’s strange behavior as she got out of the car and emotionlessly waved goodbye walking into the restaurant. It was connected to a hotel, so walking in she had to take an elevator to the top floor. 

 

After confirming her reservation she sat down at her table where Rey was diligently waiting.

 

“Shall we get down to business?” A monotone man asked.

 

“We shall.” An equally stoic voice answered.

 

A few tables away Jun irritably watched the two converse. As though he were a dutiful wife catching his spouse in the act of cheating.

 

After Sage had told him the location, he quickly called booking a table at the speed of light.

 

 Upon seeing the man he immediately recognized him as Sinergy-Techs CEO Rey. This fact alone upset Jun as he wondered how he would be able to get “rid” of such a powerful man. 

 

Watching the two converse Jun only grew further angered for they seemed to be very similar. Unknowingly, he let out a dark murderous aura as it frightened all the customers in the surrounding area.

 

Stupid Jun, if you’re going to come and spy at least hide better. Tiredly Sage glanced out of the corner of her eye easily spotting Jun. She still couldn’t understand why he wanted to watch her meeting between Rey. 

 

Sage silently mused. Perhaps he wants to betray me by going over to Sinergy-Tech? But he didn't know I was meeting with Rey right? So what could his aim be....

 

“So will you consider my offer of rejoining Sinergy-tech?” A monotone voice asked breaking Sage out of her thoughts. 

 

Sage elegantly sipped at the tea she ordered. “You think too highly of me, I am not worth the trouble, besides I’ve already gotten another job.” 

 

“You’re wrong, you really are the best, I...I want you to come back to the company, I will double- no triple whatever you make now.”

 

“Ha, I don't think you can afford me... Besides, after awhile I’m sure you will find someone better.” Sage knew the man across from her hated losing, so she would make him suffer as she denied his request. 

 

“...No, it has to be you.”

 

Sage pretended to innocently muse.  “And why is that?” 

 

“...” Rey tried to think of the answer but couldn’t, he knew he wanted Sage back but couldn’t explain why.  Rey truly was slow in matters concerning his heart. All his life he had only sought after money leading him to build a company, he truly had no love in his heart for other humans. 

 

Sage turned coldly to the man. “That’s what I thought. It really won’t work out. If you are too slow to go after something you want, then you will never reach your desires.”

 

Sage got up boldly and started walking towards a certain man. The man, noticing Sage walking towards him immediately tried to casually turn away while he used the restaurants large menu to try to cover his face.

 

Innocently he tried to look preoccupied as his mind turned blank.“Hmm buttered toast, toast! I’ve never heard of such an intriguing dish-Ah!” Instead of blending in the mans arm was quickly caught and dragged back over to Sage’s table. 

 

“S-Sage, f-fancy meeting you here...I...I was just-”

 

Once in front of Rey Sage grabbed Jun’s necktie and assaulted Jun’s lips with the hint of a light kiss as fresh as the morning dew on a springtime day.

 

Ah… Juns mind turned utterly blank as his face swelled with a deep redness. 

 

“He is the reason I cannot come back to Sinergy-tech, I am currently working in V-tech and am in love with Jun, the companies top secretary. So I shall not be coming back to Sinergy-tech.” 

 

With that, Sage started to walk out of the restaurant as she still indifferently held Jun’s hand. Leaving behind the slightly shocked Rey who felt a strange envious feeling swell deep inside him. 

 

Jun on the other hand was a total mess. Upon receiving the kiss and hearing the sudden declaration of love his face couldn’t help but stay a deep crimson color as his heart almost leapt out of his chest. His mind kept repeating what Sage had just said. 

 

“W-was what you just said true?!” Jun finally asked with bright shining eyes like that of a child who had just received the best treasure in the world. 

 

However Sage’s next words completely crushed Juns elated heart. 

 

“Sorry, I have no room for such feelings, it was just a lie to get that man jealous.” Sage indifferently spoke.

 

She knew Rey wanted to make her his secretary again, but after refusing him twice his feelings would instead turn to that of infatuation as he would start to seriously pursue her. 

 

Only then could he no longer feel anything after meeting Zana the female lead. Moreover, it would help to progress Sage’s plans.

 

“...” 

 

“You’re wondering why I kissed and involved you? Well, it’s your punishment for following me. Don’t think I hadn’t noticed your clumsy attempt. Now let’s go home.” 

 

Sage was hungry and no longer cared why Jun followed her. Sure, she was curious why he had followed her but not curious enough to go out of her way to ask or investigate, instead she just wanted to head home and eat something. After all, her dinner meeting was cut short so she never had a chance to eat. 

 

Jun was silent the whole ride home as he contemplated Sage’s words. 

 

His soul sunk as he learned the truth but what made his soul truly blacken was how she said she was trying to get that man Rey jealous. 

 

She was definitely still in love with that man, Jun cursed. Thinking this, an unknown dark feeling continued to swell up deep from within his heart as his eyes filled with a cruel light. 

 

Finally Jun became resolved. 

 

I must get serious! 

 

Jun had already vowed to give himself completely to Sage but now he longed to be the only one in her eyes. To do this he would have to show her his love. Not only that, but he would also have to verbally express his feelings. 

 

Upon arriving home Jun parked the car and the two walked into the large apartment.

 

Before Sage could ask for food, Jun looked at her and spoke in a serious but calm manner as his heart danced with anticipation wondering what the cool beauty would say.

 

“Sage, there’s something I must tell you.”

 

“Hmmm, what is it?” Sage emotionlessly asked wondering what Jun had to say.

 

“I… I love you!” Jun boldly declared.

 

Here's another long chapter, I was planning on splitting this one up but decided against it you lucky ducks! Wow Jun ain't wasting any time with confessing his feelings to Sage but keep in mind he is confessing to a brick, so let's see how it goes...

Announcement
Also I may or may not post tomorrow, since I might be busy, we will see.
20