Eternal Lovers: Chapter 8
984 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From then on, Lei Jun would always make meals and then accompany Song Shai in eating them on the small shabby table within her room. The two greatly enjoyed their time together and even further began to rely on one another.

 

Two years like this passed, and soon it was summer.

 

At this point the FL and ML had just met and began to develop feelings for one another, leading Song Shai closer to death. She knew that even if she didn’t play the role of the villain she would instead be killed off by the world in order to satisfy her role. Yet, even while thinking all this Lei Jun's cooking skills brought her a little solace as she knew that even when she did perish he would easily be able to get a job at any refined restaurant with his amazing dishes thats flavor increased every day,  he would no longer become malnourished or starved. 

 

I guess it’s my turn to fulfill my end of the bargain towards Lei Jun, Song Shai thought as she finally started investigating who was behind the assassin attempt on the Lei family.

For the past two years she had left her family's estate daily in order to gain money that would supply her with the funds to access such information. Due to her otherworldly travels she had picked up the skill of gambling, so Song Shai was easily able to gain quite a bit of cash in the gambling house and every time she would take Lei Jun as her bodyguard. Although the first few times the young duo had been laughed at, after Song Shai amassed a large sum of money no one dared to laugh any longer as she instead became a target, but Lei Jun who had grown taller and more muscular within the years was easily able to fend off any attacks from the weak low quality men.

 

There was only one time when Song Shai had received a cut on the cheek from a money grubbing man, nevertheless Lei Jun quickly made short work of him, knocking out his front teeth and disfiguring his face forever leading to the man to never again show his face in public.. 

 

Although the attack was forgettable only ending in a simple scratch, it proved to lead Song Shai in deep trouble after the following days. Despite Lei Jun never showing it, the attack greatly scared him as he began to beg and question his masters reasoning for continuing to visit the gambling house. She had kept it a secret so he could only assume it was due to wanting money even though she never seemed to care or spend the money she received. The only times it appeared she spent money was when she was paying Le Jun’s monthly salary. This flawed reasoning in turn made him go begging to Song Shai saying that if she wanted money then he would give her back his pay. But of course she refused, as she was not only trying to get money, rather, the gambling house would also allow her to ask around about the former Lei family and hear rumors that were not spread to the public masses. 

 

When Song Shai refused Lei Jun, he only became more troubled as he began to beg his master to buy more guards, but again Song Shai refused. After all, why would she spend good money on more bodyguards when she was perfectly capable of defending herself, she was the villain after all, if she didn’t know how to fight then what type of villain was she? Song Shai only took Lei Jun along in order to not completely ruin her image of a young miss, when the man aimed a knife at her he was actually aiming at her eye, but because the villain had been stabbed many times in numerous worlds her reflexes were inhumanly fast, so she was easily able to dodge, however having used the same trick quite a few times and not wanting anyone to find out, she instead let him slightly graze her cheek. That was when Lei Jun went ham on the greedy drunkard man for slightly grazing her, she couldn’t help but feel a smidge responsible as she silently lit the incense for the unknown man. 

 

Furthermore, she knew she didn’t need any more bodyguards since she knew something Lei Jun did not, every world that the villain had been to, she had been unable to prematurely cause her own death before the time was right, the super computer system would not allow it.

 

Whenever she had tried to swallow poison, get hit by a car or stab herself, her body always froze or she was put on autopilot, hence, Song Shai knew she would not die no matter what. Not until the story told her it was time. Due to all this, Song Shai continued to refuse Lei Jun  without giving him a reason. This only lead to Lei Jun's eyes darkening day by day until he could no longer hold in his anger.

 

Haha the hubby is worrying about his wif-!

The Villain: "What did you say?"

... Ehem... Your B-buddy is worrying about his w-w...Wallet, Yes Wallet!

The Villain: "ah then I shall shall give him more money."

Ah, I give up! ᕕ( ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)ᕗ

The Villain: "..."

21