Eternal Lovers: Chapter 16
934 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As they walked into the busy streets Lei Jun was quickly surrounded by a small crowd who wondered who the handsome beauty was. Furthermore, someone was able to recognize him as the mysterious Lei Jun, leading to an even bigger crowd forming. Yawning, Song Shai went off to the side as she waited for Lei Jun to finish. 

 

“Mr. Lei, are you engaged, do you perhaps have anyone you love?” The young girls surrounding him asked. 

 

Lei Jun became confused. “What is love?” He had heard the term before but didn’t truly understand what it meant. After all his entire childhood had been devoid of it. No one was ever around to teach him such things. The father who couldn't bare to see his son had often sent tutors to him from the time he reached the age of five, but they only taught him political matters, and to read and write. So he truly was unaware what the word love meant.

 

The young girls squealed at his reply as they thought it meant he was pure and had no one in his heart. Quickly they all leached closer to him as they tried to explain what love was.

 

A particularly bold girl wrapped her arms around Lei Jun's thick neck as she started seductively speaking in his ear. {Love} is when you cannot bear to be apart from someone, you want to spend all your time with them and make them happy. ~To see them suffer would make you suffer. Love means you feel an intense uncontrollable feeling of deep affection for someone.” 

 

As the lady spoke Lei Jun became somewhat confused. His soul had long ago turned black and he felt as though he was incapable of ever loving someone, yet, when the girl spoke of what loving someone meant, Song Shai’s name immediately swirled within his mind making him crazy. 

 

Everyday he worked hard to make her happy, especially with the food he prepared. Although Song Shai was emotionless, Lei Jun did not mind, instead he became overwhelmingly satisfied as she heartily ate his food. Moreover her emotionless demeanor relaxed Jun as he felt a calm comfort in her strange way of expressing herself. Rather than pretending to smile and fake her emotions like everyone around him had done when he lived in the Lei home, she stayed the same, subtle and tranquil like the bottom of cool, blue pond in summer leading his heart to feel a strange sense of relief and piece, one which it had not felt in its entire long existence.

 

Therefore, when Lei Jun got the feeling that Song Shai would soon disappear something in his soul snapped as he became unusually sticky, trying to stay by Song Shai’s side every second of every day. However, his behavior towards Song Shai startled him. He had never felt so possessive of another human being, even when he craved for the attention of his father, he never requested to visit him. It was as though he already knew his soul could not be loved, as though his soul was already accustomed to the feeling of pain and betrayal, and had long ago been cursed to be betrayed and hated by everyone around him. Yet, with Song Shai it was different. She was the only person who completely accepted him for him, not minding the darkness he kept hidden within his eyes. She was also the first person to ever let his dark soul feel light. And he felt like he could not let that warm light go. Just as he thought this he realized Song Shai was no longer beside him. 

 

Frantically he looked around to find Song Shai but was unable to see her. His eyes started to darken as he still couldn’t see Song Shai. Without hesitation he knocked the leach to the ground who had been sticking to his neck in his confused state. Then he continued to mercilessly push all the ladies in the surrounding area away as his eyes frantically searched for his light. Finally he spotted Song Shai and his eyes immediately brightened and the cloud of darkness that had begun to surround him immediately dispersed.  

 

“Ah, you will displease your admirers if you don’t treat them kindly.” Song Shai emotionlessly spoke as she had watched Lei Jun frantically push all the girls away.

 

“Ah, I am sorry master had to see such a scene! But master should know that Lei Jun does not need any admirers, only master!” Lei Jun frantically spoke as though he were speaking to a lover who thought he was cheating. Shocked, the ladies all watched as Lei Jun and Song Shai started walking away while Lei Jun continued to desperately try and appease the emotionless, unknown girl. As they watched they silently drank vinegar, thinking they had all just been rejected for Lei Jun clearly seemed to already have his heart filled with someone else 

 

Ah what a pity. Song Shai had quickly fled Jun’s sight in order to allow him to interact with the opposite sex, she had hoped that Lei Jun would soon start to become interested in a lady, that way he would be less sticky and once she left she could hand him off to the girl. Instead, now she had to put in her own effort to find him a suitable bride, after all in this world, couples married young. Thinking of this, she thought of her own fiance, the male lead. It wouldn't be long before he came crawling to her. She thought as her eyes held an evil glint. Ah, I guess I should warn Lei Jun.

 

Oof poor Jun, Song Shai is ice cold ( ̄■ ̄;) In truth though Jun is just an innocent cinnamon role in this life so he doesn't completely understand his feelings yet for Song Shai either, although he loves her dearly and his soul understands it, his mind  subconsciously doesn't want to understand that love.

22