Eternal Lovers: Chapter 23
871 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After arriving at the busy shopping streets filled with wondrous stalls, Song Shai started to mindlessly look around, waiting for the female lead’s appearance. Right on cue, Huā Měilì  came walking by with a few bodyguards as she stopped at a small flower stall. 

 

Ah, now it’s time for you to be a hero Lei Jun. Song Shai thought as she waited for the pinnacle moment. 

 

Just then, a shady figure suddenly came running by, stealing the distracted Huā Měilì’s coin purse. 

 

“HEY! STOP!” Huā Měilì yelled as her guards started to chase the shady figure, but unfortunately for them, Song Shai had hired a very capable thief who would definitely not be caught by the likes of a few guards. 

 

“...” Silently Song Shai waited for Lei Jun to chase the shady figure, but unfortunately for her, Lei Jun seemed nailed to his spot beside her, not even seeming to notice the commotion going on around them as he gently smiled like the sun towards Song Shai as she emotionlessly staring back at him. 

 

“Lei Jun.”

 

“Yes?” Lei Jun innocently asked.

 

“Why aren't you trying to catch the robber?”

 

“It is not my place to do such things, my place is by my masters side, only then can I protect you from the same fate of a thief.” Lei Jun said giving a seemingly innocent smile to Song Shai.

 

“Lei Jun.” 

 

“Yes?”

 

“I command you to follow the thief and get back what was stolen, but do not catch the thief, instead, after retrieving what has been stolen, bring it back to the unknown lady.” Song Shai said as her emotionless facade started to crack, revealing a hint of annoyance. 

 

Although Lei Jun didn’t want to, he immediately left Song Shai side in order to catch the thief, feeling as though he were falling into one of  Song Shai schemes. He had been around her long enough to know when Song Shai was scheming but he didn’t care, all he wanted was to hurry and get the stolen goods, then go back to his master's side. 

 

Due to Lei Jun constantly practicing to fight and defend in order to protect Song Shai, he had long ago achieved commendable skills. Therefore, in a flash he was able to catch up to the perpetrator and get back the stolen goods. Uninterestedly he walked up to the unknown lady who had been robbed.

 

“I believe this belongs to you.” Lei Jun listlessly spoke with a sigh. 

 

“Yes! Thank you so much!” Huā Měilì happily spoke to the handsome man before her, when looking at him she had never seen such a handsome man and her heart began to immediately beat fast as her cheeks turned a dark red. Excitedly the crowd that had been watching the whole thing and started whispering wondering who the unknown man was.

 

Suddenly loud whispers were heard as a few recognized the unknown young man to be Lei Jun, the capitols most mysterious handsome young man. The whispers did not fall on deaf ears as Huā Měilì excitedly listened, she was surprised that the same man she was curious about had just saved her. It must be fate, she silently thought

 

“Thank you Lei Jun! Can I treat you out to some food as thanks for saving me?” Huā Měilì shyly asked while fully expecting him to agree. Unexpectedly however, he did not. 

 

“You have no right to call my name in such a familiar way!” Lei Jun spoke in a cold tone as his dark eyes angrily swirled before continuing. “And I have no intention of going anywhere with you, the only person I will ever eat with is her.” Lei Jun said as his eyes stared off in the distance becoming lost in thought. Then Lei Jun slowly turned away as he started walking off. 

 

“W-wiat!” Huā Měilì called to Lei Jun, not caring about his previous harsh words, then suddenly as she was just about to reach out to him she felt something go past her feet as she started falling to the ground. Quickly her arms reached out to Lei Jun’s broad back but it was useless, for as she fell Lei Jun continued walking, not even sparing a glance to the fallen beauty. 

 

“...” The Villain wondered how her plan could fail so greatly.

 

The Villain is a master at scheming, (well duh, she's the villain) unfortunately Jun is too much of a wild card for her to factor in. Normally Jun would go along with Song Shai's schemes, however this time he couldn't. 

20