The CEO Is My Lover: Arc 2 Chapter 2
960 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
What day would you like me to post chapters?
  • Monday Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Tuesday Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Wednesday Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Thursday Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Friday Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Saturday Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Sunday Votes: 13 31.7%
Total voters: 41

 

I don't really have a schedule for posting chapters, nor can I promise the amount of chapters I will post in a week. But I would at least like to post a few chapters per week so let me know what day's you would like me to release chapters!

 

After working for about a week, the day finally came for Sage to quit.  Expectedly, because of her excellent skills the ML seemed to take notice. For the past few days because it had been busy he had piled piles of paperwork on her desk, not caring whether it would wear down Sage or not. Yet, contrary to his expectations, she completed them all in only a matter of hours. Due to this, although Rey never said anything, Sage could tell he was quite impressed as his eyes seemed perplexed whenever he looked at her. 

 

Too bad today is the last day for you to use my skills. Sage thought as her eyes held a hint of an evil smirk. 

 

“Boss?” Sage emotionlessly called as she came up to Rey’s desk.

 

“No need to be so formal, after all we grew up together.” Rey said in a stoic voice, his words unbefitting his tone. 

 

“No, I think “boss” is necessary in this situation.” Sage emotionlessly spoke drawing a clear line. 

 

“....?”

 

“I relinquish my position, I shall be handing in my resume by the end of today.” Sage declared as she turned her back to walk away.

 

“...May I ask why?” True to his cold self, his tone was stoic as he called out to Sage. 

 

“Sorry, that is confidential.” Coldly Sage spoke turning her back on the straight laced man.

 

“...If it has to do with your wage, I can increase i-”

 

“I am tired.”

 

“…?” 

 

“I wish to pursue my own goals now instead of helping you achieve yours.” Sage proclaimed as her emotionless, dead eyes stared deep into Rey’s.

 

“...!” 

 

For the first time in his life he felt intimidated by his secretary no less. As Sage left he became speechless as his emotionless exterior turned to confusion. 

Ah, I suppose I should have held back a little. The villain thought after she had walked out. She was so tired of always filling the systems agenda and being the villain, but now she was finally able to get back at the worlds by corrupting their stories. Although it was just for a few worlds, her detached soul finally felt a twinge of joy as she felt like she was finally getting a hint of revenge for all the abuse and torture she suffered. Now all she needed was a good meal.

 

Reporting to host. Individual of “world follow contract” has been detected.

 

Ah, just in time. Triple six. Where is my cook?

 

Reporting to Host. Individual of “world follow contract” is currently in city D. In Crafty Lantern Bar. 

 

Ah that will take a few hours to get to. I suppose I better leave quick. 

 

After Sage finished the rest of her work, she dropped off her resume like she said she would, then she left in her car speeding away. 

 

All the while the ML watched as he thought it was a pity that his best employee quit, but something like that would not affect him, after all he was the boss of a prestigious company, why should one employee matter. Even if she was his closest friend, he wouldn't pay much mind.

19