The CEO Is My Lover: Arc 2 Chapter 5
897 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Empty.

Nothing shot out and Jiro was spared, just as Sage had predicted. When spinning the barrel she had spun it in such a way so that she knew the first shot would not contain the bullet. 

 

Seconds later she pointed the gun towards her own head, her fingers swiftly reaching for the trigger. For she knew something else Jiro was unaware of, she was the villain of the story, meaning she was not allowed to die before the story reached its climax. Unhesitatingly she was about to pull the trigger.

 

“STOP!” The man desperately tried to jump up and stop the strange beauty but alas, his wounds kept him from doing so. Still the strange beauty thankfully did stop.

 

“Hmmm…?”

 

“I said...stop… yo-you win…” The man looked down, clenching his fists. He had lost.

 

He couldn't help it, although he despised those eyes that caused him countless sleepless nights. When he saw the strange girl point the gun at her own head something in his soul cracked. Although the girl was a stranger it was as though he could not bear to see the girl’s blood drain out of her body as her lifeless eyes closed never to be opened again. Such a thought scared him more than being with the girl. Thus he lost, allowing himself to be caught, even though something deep down inside told him it was a terrible mistake... 

 

Something also confused him about the girl, although she had been swift in twisting the barrel, he had noticed that she twisted it in a special way. 

 

When the gun was pointed towards him he could already tell no bullet would shoot out at him. It was a little trick he had previously learned. 

 

If the gun was loaded then it was possible to see a little sliver of metal corresponding with the cartilage from the rear of the chamber but that was not present when she had pointed the gun at him. Therefore he had already figured out her little trick, realizing she had no intention of shooting him. This lead him to wonder whether the beauty had planned to not harm him from the beginning. If that was true, whoever she was, she really was a strange girl. Claiming to give him a job, pay, a home, and even pay off his debt. 

 

For the first time in his life, he was treated kindly, and he felt as though his dark soul was exposed to the feeling of a bright pure light. 

 

If the warmth he felt was really the same as his dreams though, then wouldn’t he face immeasurable suffering? Therefore, unlike in his dreams, he decided not to chase after the light, instead he would accept her propositions but he wouldn’t get any closer than that. Thinking this, only one thing was left.

 

“...What is your name, strange beauty?”

 

“Sage. And what do you want to be called?”

 

“Ha, I have nothing left I wish to carry on from old self, not even my name, so call me whatever you wish.”

 

“Hmmm.... Jun.” 

 

“...”

 

Upon hearing the name the man’s soul again shook, although he didn’t know the name, it somehow felt deeply ingrained into his soul. 

 

“Alright, from now on I am Jun your serva-secretary.” Jun’s face slowly turned red as he wondered what he was about to say. 

 

“Good.” Emotionlessly sage spoke, not acknowledging the man’s flustered look. Instead she put her hand around the man's waist as she helped him to the car. 

 

Even though Jun had just agreed to keep a business type relationship with his new boss his face couldn’t help turn even redder upon being so close to the beautiful face, still the beauty looked forward seemingly unaffected from supporting the muscular man.

 

Slowly the two got seated in the car as Sage started to drive them back to B city.

 

As always, feel free to comment if anything is confusing, or just to comment, I love seeing comments! ♥‿♥ 

Poor Jun, before even starting he's already lost!

 

20