5 – Mourning. But wait, I’m not dead
7.5k 21 261
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In one of the rooms provided to the summoned people within the Royal Palace, the four heroes tried to gather their thoughts, but the mood was gloomy. It has already been five days since they were informed of Saito’s death.

The thought of death. It was simply impossible to continue combat training with this kind of atmosphere. Though he was said to be incompetent, it was still the death of a hero’s compatriot after all. Besides, although it is harsh, it will be troublesome if they broke down in a place like this. It has been decided that the hero party needed to be cared for before any fatal impairment occurs. What the heroes didn’t know was how everything was orchestrated in the shadows.

Naturally, they didn’t state it publicly, but even the king was happy for the loss suffered.

‘Thank god the incompetent was the one to die, such a useless dead weight, of course he died’, speaking ill of him completely as he pleased. 

In the end, Saito was an incompetent who simply brought trouble to the heroes.

The dead can’t speak. Rather than searching for the small inconsistencies in the story, everyone believed what they were told.

Commander Arthur banned all investigations. Even searching for the corpse was not allowed. Everyone had to accept "He wanted to do something, so he went on a scouting mission and was killed by magic beasts". That was the end of it.

“Ichiro, you don't look good. Do you feel uncomfortable anywhere?”

“Uh, sorry, Amane. I’m a little sluggish…… it’s probably due to sleep……”

Ichiro gave a strained laugh.

“Five days? So long…… why…… does it still feel like only hours passed?”

Seeing those eyes that were gradually losing focus, Misaki stepped in and thought that it was inopportune and tried to sweeten the bitter truth. 

“So then…… Nakajima-kun. Even if he kept to himself, he wasn't a bad person, right?”

“Tsu~…… that is…”

Amane revealed a bitter expression. 

“…… I still can't believe it's true. He is, Nakajima-kun is……”

“No, stop it…… don’t say anymore!”

“That’s wrong! I know he wasn't a hero but… we aren't supposed to die. He shouldn't have died either!"

Denying and shaking her head, Kasumi struggled to accept the truth. 

"Kasumi, it's all real. This isn't a game. It's real life."

Like a whisper, Misaki's murmuring voice seemed like it might just disappear any time. She didn’t beat around the bush. Glossing it over with sugary words and whispers might provide temporary relief. However, in the end, it will simply return an irreparable wound later. 

“That’s right.”

"But, we have a duty now. We must make it back home in one piece. Now just for our sake, but for his as well."

“So……”

"Well, if you want to be really optimistic, he might still be around there somewhere. His body was never found and knowing that guy… he might just have hidden under the bottom of a rock or something."

“That is……”

Ichiro once again, had a pained expression.

“I know. It’s strange to think that someone can be alive after getting attacked by magic beasts……. Even so, it’s not confirmed. The chances might be less than one percent, but as long as it’s still not confirmed, it’s not zero…….”

“Let's become even stronger. Strong enough to protect ourselves and go home."

“……”

Ichiro fixedly stared into everyone's eyes. Misaki's words sparked the flame again. She managed to cheer everyone up.

It’s perfectly normal to think of someone who believes that anyone could survive if his body is not found. 

“Of course. We'll be the strongest in the world!!”

At that time, the room door suddenly opened.

“Sorry to bother you, heroes…..”

She was a bit stiff.

“You guys, what…… Did, Didn’t mean to bother!”

Giving off the feeling of seeing something she shouldn’t have, she left the room in a panic. Ichiro realized why.

Kasumi was currently sitting on Misaki's lap, for the cheering up session. And their faces are close enough to be kissing any time soon. 

In other words, an intense Yuri scene was completed. If this was in a manga, the background will be filled with lilies in full bloom.

When the two of them realized this they jumped as far as possible from one another.

“Princess, wait! Come back!! It's not what you think!!!!!”

------

"Ugh… my head feels like it's splitting apart…"

When I woke up the first thing I saw was a clear blue sky and the leaves of trees. I realized that I wasn’t in the dungeon anymore. As I moved my fingers I could feel the grass. I was in a forest. My eyes wandered towards my feet next. It's almost like my muscles had a rapid growth spur. I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was too much of a rapid development to comprehend. My appearance changed. 

I can't remember what I did during my berserker state. And I am wearing some weird clothes. Then again, that coliseum was overflowing with gear from dead adventurers so I probably grabbed something that fit me. But the clothes are the least of my problems right now. I had two “big” problems right in front of me.

Among the sounds of nature I could hear the sound of a river. I looked carefully and I could see it. I got closer in hopes that I could use it as a mirror. 

"This is…"

My voice became thinner, but my appearance changed. My hair length tripled in size and my natural black hair was now a mix between white and blue. My brown eyes became pink. And I had a fluffy pair of fox ears and a fox tail.

"This… Auntie Nyarla did say that some changes might happen. Is this the effect of drinking that blood? Even so… why the hell did I turn into a woman? And since when does dragon plus human equal fox girl?"

A voluptuous woman if I might add. I had a huge pair of boobs attached to my upper body. And surprisingly some well toned muscles. 

But I was scared of another thing. As I reached for my lower area… I could still feel my dick. Darn it. I actually became… a futanari.

Because I read many Isekai novels, characters that changed their appearance was also normal, but changing genders… no. Turning into a futa was like a punch in the stomach. Ugh. Calm down. Let’s try to think positive for a second. In fact, this works out to my advantage. I can cut ties with the kingdom that way. 

"I can collect my thoughts later. For now, let's see what I'm capable of doing."

261