Reunion
2.9k 10 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Once again thanks to Trismegistus Shandy links to their work are here:

https://www.tgstorytime.com/viewuser.php?uid=8445

https://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/book/30192/trismegistus-shandy

Also cw for transphobic slurs!

It had been two years since she had been at James' house, yet it still felt comforting to be there again. When she was younger, she’d spent almost as much time at his house as she did at home. Despite the comforting familiarity, she couldn't help but think about why she had stopped going there; she’d realised what was wrong with her and who she was. It had taken away her best friend and her second home. She’d had to distance herself from him, she’d heard what James’ mum thought about people like her; she’d heard what James thought about people like her. She’d cut him off before she could come out; ending it on her terms seemed like it would hurt less. She knew it would be the end of ten years of friendship. All because she wasn't a little boy anymore. 

The thought of seeing James again at his home was terrifying; seeing him at school was enough. Yesterday’s taunts and jabs had left her wanting to cry in the bathroom while she waited for him to finally forget about her very existence. He made her wish that James forgot she existed. She wished he understood how much she was hurting.

She knocked and heard the door unlock. She only got a glimpse of the black-haired girl who had opened the door before she was grabbed by her arm and pulled inside. The girl looked through the peephole in the door as if making sure no one else had seen her. 

"Kieran, you came." She sounded relieved.

It was the same voice from the phone. She was surprised to hear that name from them.

"James?" she asked.

"Who else would it be?"

"Is this a joke? Are you wearing a wig or something"

The possibility of this being some stupid prank made her want to scream. Of course, he would do this, get her to respond to her deadname, drag her to where they used to play. A wig, some makeup and he would have all the ingredients for a pretty great "make fun of Katie" party. She was surprised Ben and Lachlan weren't with him.

"You think I would call you over for a joke? I'm fucking terrified!"

He was chuckling nervously; whatever was going on had him shaken. He dragged her into the lounge room where they used to have sleepovers and watch movies. He sat down on the couch and gestured to her to do the same.

"Something’s happened. I don't understand it." He sounded serious. "I don't know what happened; I was just trying to fucking sleep when suddenly I was in so much pain and couldn't move. Then I woke up like this." He gestured generally at his body; his hands moved like they didn't know what to highlight.

"And? What does that have to do with a wig?"

"It's not a wig! I woke up and all of it was just... there." She could almost believe he was genuine in his confusion. His eyes were the same eyes of the guy she used to play with when she was younger and he spoke to her like she was still his best friend. She still couldn't let go of her scepticism, though; he had been so horrible before, he had used her old friendship with him as a weapon against her before, she wouldn't let him do it again. He grabbed her arm and pulled her hand next to his flowing hair.

"If you don't believe me, pull it."

She touched his hair; the ends of a lot of it were greasy like they hadn't been washed in a couple of days. As she moved up, though, it became softer and cleaner. If this was a wig it was a quality one. She took a few strands in her hand and tugged. James let out a yelp as he moved his head in response. It was real hair. She felt oddly jealous of how long and beautiful it was. She was jealous of how much it had grown in such a small amount of time while hers had stayed around her ears for months now.

James grabbed at two lumps on his chest that she hadn't noticed. It seemed like he was checking if they were still there.

"I also have these."

"You have to be joking." Katie had seen weird stuff before; tables and chairs moving on their own, objects seemingly coming from nowhere and hitting assholes in the head, random food appearing in people's bags, but this was next level nuts.

James pulled up his shirt revealing two very normal boobs that hadn't been there the day before. 

"I'm serious.  Please, I need you to believe me, I don't know what's happened."

It was insane to think that this was the same guy that had called her a tranny yesterday. It wasn't just his body that was different; he’d called her for help, and his usual snark and wit were absent. He sounded genuinely scared like he still couldn't believe what had happened. She had to help, and she needed to understand.

"How much has changed?" 

"Everything, god, even it's gone, dude." He looked down at his crotch as if to emphasise what had gone missing. Katie got the memo.

She was ashamed to admit she was jealous; her ex-best friend was suffering and all she could think about is how she had prayed for that to happen to her. She was almost mad at him for having this happen to him; this was a dream come true and of course, it went to the guy who had made her never want to go to school again. 

She looked back at James; the defeated expression on his face snapped her back to reality. He was hurting, and she was the only one that could help.

"I don't how deeply things have changed, but last night the pain was indescribable.  It sank so deep into me. Parts of my body I didn't know could hurt felt like they were gonna kill me; I think I might be a girl, dude." He looked at his body despairingly. She knew how that felt.

"What do you need me to do?" she asked.

He looked at his hands in his lap.

"I don't... I don't know." His already despairing voice was shaking. 

She could see his tears begin to fall.

63