A Terrifying Visit to Doctor Finnegan
2k 14 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As always thanks to Trismegistus Shandy, they are such an amazing proofreader and their work is amazing. I would still be posting on Wattpad without them. Check out their work on TGstorytime here and Big Closet here.

The second half of the last chapter. Sorry I had to split them. I'm not sure if I should keep trying to keep up the "every 4 days" schedule. I'm sorry. I just really haven't had the motivation to write or edit. Uploading here seems really weird occasionally

They entered the doctor's office. She noticed that James oddly seemed to have gotten less tense. She guessed it was the enclosed space of the doctor's office that put him at ease; no one but the doctor and Katie could see him while in that room. Katie took the seat next to him while the doctor sat at her desk.

"So this was an urgent appointment, what's happened? You look like you’ve lost a lot of weight since I have seen you last?"

"I'm a girl," he whispered.

"You're a what?"

"A girl!" he shouted.

Katie listened as he recalled what had happened. His voice had strength in it, but she couldn't tell whether his confidence was real or fake. The doctor seemed sceptical, and Katie watched James’ frustration build. The doctor repeated the same questions. The kind of questions Katie had been asked by her doctor when she came out, except James’ doctor was ignoring his answers.

"When did this happen?" -- "Why do you think you're a girl?" -- "Are you looking for hormone therapy?" -- "How long have you known?"

It was as if she was trying to understand whether he was experiencing some delusion, or if he was trying to deal with the possibility that he might be trans. The questions were garbage; at odds with everything that James tried to say. Katie could see it frustrated him. She began to worry. If James began to panic, it would be hard to calm him down; it was hard to just get him there. She had to try and clarify for him. 

"Dr Finnegan, that is not wha--" 

Dr Finnegan’s eyes fixed on James. She had taken her eyes off him for a second while Katie tried to explain, and in that short time, he had flashed the doctor his chest. It was the same way he had told her about her predicament. It was almost enough to make her laugh, seeing how much of a disaster her friends was. After looking at the combination of the look on the doctor's face, and seeing James' face turn red as he realised what he had just done, she began to laugh 

"James you can't just show those to people when you need to convince them," she said breathily. Her laughing began to subside. 

James cowered into his hood, embarrassed by what he'd done and the fact that she was laughing at him.

The doctor finally seemed to have gotten over her shock. The way she stared at James said that she was taking it seriously.

"I’m assuming you wouldn’t call yourself a girl unless there was more than just growing breasts?" 

"My whole body has changed," he whispered.

"James, can you take a seat on the bed? I'm just going to check your blood pressure and heart rate before we start with your issue. Just to make sure there hasn’t been any damage from whatever has happened to you. Is that okay?"

He nodded and silently walked over to the bed. Katie wanted to hold him again. The tests were quick and confirmed that his body seemed to be functioning.

“Everything seems to be fine. Now I know this is going to be uncomfortable, but I’m going to need to check your breasts for irregularities.” James turned white as a sheet. She didn’t know what she could do to comfort him at this point. “I’m going to move the curtain around so you can take your shirt off while I get gloves on.” She moved the curtain around and went to her desk.

"I'm about to enter, James, are you ready?" she asked after she had gotten her gloves on.

Katie wasn't used to him being so quiet; she could barely hear him. He was asking for something, but she couldn’t hear him until he spoke up.

"I'm sorry to ask, but can Katie sit a little closer? I'm fine, I just need to know they are still here," he asked quietly.

She was shocked. He’d used her name. She knew it should have been something basic. It shouldn’t be something she should be happy about, but it was James who did it. He’d called her Katie. She couldn’t help but smile and moved her seat next to the curtain. She couldn't see him and he probably couldn't see her. She reached her hand in behind the curtain and gave a little wave. 

"Okay, this might feel a little cold --"

Katie took that as her cue to take her hand back out from the room. However, she couldn't. She felt her hand being squeezed and held in place.

"Please stay, I can't do this alone," he was whimpering. James was holding her hand in place. Her cheeks flushed red; he was kind of cute in the way that he wanted her around. Why did that make her blush? James was her ex-friend and bully; she didn't understand how she was able to seem him as cute right now.

Yet she couldn't pull her hand away no matter how awkward she felt about the situation. James needed her right now; she could feel it every time he squeezed her hand. Those squeezes reminded her how much he needed her and how much he wanted her here. She needed to be strong. Even if she was embarrassed, and even if she wanted to slap him occasionally, she had to help him.

“I’m sorry to do this, James, but can you show me what has happened to your penis?" the doctor asked. She didn’t need to see James’ face to know what he was thinking. She knew a downstairs examination would be too much for him. He didn’t verbally respond. She could only assume he had nodded based on how hard he was squeezing her hand.

“Okay, James. I’m sorry, but unfortunately, we are going to need to do some blood tests. I’ll give you the forms,” Dr Finnegan said. It was obvious she was trying to be gentle with him. James let go of Katie’s hand, and the doctor moved the curtain out the way. James looked at Katie, relieved, despite just being told he needed to get blood tests. “Once your blood has been taken, come back. I’m calling some colleagues who should be able to book you in.”

Unsurprisingly, given James’ hand-holding, he wanted her in the room with him while he was getting his blood taken. He was like a kid, she thought. He needed someone in the room while at the doctor’s office. He was cute; she had accepted that right now, while he was vulnerable, she thought of him as such. Maybe it was because he was keeping his mouth shut. There was no need for her to get embarrassed because of him. 

“Thank you for coming with me,” he said quietly. She smiled, hoping it would bring him some comfort. She walked him back to Dr Finnegan’s office, knowing that there were more tests he had to go through.

“I’ve called a gynecologist and booked an appointment at the hospital for an ultrasound, to see if your reproductive system has changed. After that, I think you should rest and make sure you eat.”

A couple of hours later, her hands felt sore from being squeezed. Each time there was a new examination he would squeeze her hand and she would try and keep herself from blushing. Katie had convinced her mum to drive them to the hospital. Thankfully, her mum gave them money for a taxi to the next appointment. 

First up had been the ultrasound which confirmed the existence of a uterus and ovaries. She watched James’ face go white as the doctor explained what that would likely mean. Sex education had been divided and inadequate at their school. It became obvious to Katie that he knew nothing about his new body.

Next came the gynecologist. James held her hand so much harder throughout that appointment. She had heard him crying from behind the curtain and she wanted to hug him. He was so sad, scared and uncomfortable. She was almost sure it was dysphoria. She realised that he probably didn’t have the words to describe what he was feeling. She had to tell him after the appointments. 

The doctors’ appointments ended where they began, in Dr Finnegan’s waiting room. They knew they had to wait. Dr Finnegan had to talk to her colleagues to learn what they had found. 

“It’s going to be okay, James,” Katie said.

They were called into Dr Finnegan’s office. She sat them down and looked James in the eye. According to her, any trace of James' male anatomy was gone. As far as the doctors could see, James was a healthy teenage girl. 

54