Ch.13.1
580 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

•••Continuation of Ch.9.1•••

“Nnng… what happened? My... my head hurts, nnnnn. What… the… hell is this??”

Waking up groggy with a splitting headache in the morning, Creed tried to steady his eyes on the ceiling. The ceiling looks to be warping and rocking in all directions and his sense of balance is making him feel like he’s in a boat.

“Why is… this happen- urp..”

It seems like trying to talk fast flared the urge of puking all over the place while laying down.

“Haaa, hah… Right… I drank a glass of alcohol then… then, then what? I-I don’t… remember anything after that.”

He placed both of his hands over his eyes. Staying like that for an extended period of time because he’s still trying to regain fragments of the memory of last night, while trying to still the feeling of continuously being cradled in an unpleasant manner.

“Haaa… fuu…. I really can’t remember anything… Am I this weak to alcohol? When will my…  Resistance – Immunity be back. Haaa…”

At least he’s feeling a bit cozy because he’s under a blanket, but he wanted to sit upright to better grasp his situation.

Creed tried to sit upright but,

*Pull*

“Nn?!-“

*Thud*

Creed unceremoniously slammed back to the bed, which made him even dizzier.

It felt like halfway through a sit-up, his head suddenly got pulled by something that his under his behind.

“Urp… *gulp* Haa… What was dat? Thaat… made my head sting…”

He decided to stay still for the time being. Trying to recover from what he just experienced.

“…”

*Inhale exhale*

Creed is fine now; it was as if what he experienced earlier was just a bad dream. Staring at the same ceiling he was familiar with, which is the room he uses with Serena. His resistance to alcohol is back, which made the warping ceiling instantly correct itself as if he just needed to blink for everything to be fine again.

He’s staying still because he finally understands what a hangover is after so many years. It was an unpleasant experience, he wouldn’t want to experience this again, which begs the question as to why Serena would want to experience this herself.

Probably because she can’t experience this, that’s why it looks appealing? He probably wouldn’t be able to convince Serena himself by just recounting what he experienced, in fact, she might get even more curious. Especially the part where he doesn’t remember anything, like nothing at all.

Anyway, now being fully sobber and being able to think straight, first thing came to mind is,

“I’m glad my resistance is back.”

He isn’t sure whether Serena’s prayer just made his resistance to turn off, which would mean that he is an absolute lightweight to alcohol or if it literally removed every single resistance pertaining to alcohol making his tolerance to a literal zero. He’s too ashamed if the real reason is the former, what kind of man just instantly blackout because of a sip of alcohol? Too embarrassing, shameful, and pathetic.

So, Creed pressed his palms together with intertwined fingers.

“Curse you Goddess, Curse you Goddess….” He kept repeating those words like a broken recorder which lasted for about 2 minutes then finished it with, “You know who you are.”

He rested his arms feeling fully refreshed after cursing the Goddess behind Serena, but then he somehow started to feel dizzy again and his vision started to warp.

“!?” Creed quickly clasped back his hands, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to, please forgive me.”

It then started to feel normal again until he felt fine.

*Sigh*

I don’t want to feel that again. He felt that he shouldn’t stay in bed any longer or else he’ll get overcome by more intrusive thoughts to berate the Goddess. He finally decided to sit upright.

*Tug*

“Nn-!?”

A literal repeat of what happened earlier.

“Right, something seems to be holding me from sitting up directly.”

He didn’t want to use strength on whatever is holding him because it might break, it might even be something important, considering that it’s close to his head, regardless, it’s better to be careful about it.

So, Creed turned to the side and felt a silky-smooth sheet of thread that somehow moved along with him; felt it on the skin of his back and was also connected to his head.

“..?”

That’s weird, he shouldn’t have felt that on his bare skin unless he’s topless underneath the blanket. He turned more until he got into a position where his front was laying down on the bed and noticed that there’s a bundle of smooth white-silver hair connecting to his head on the bed.

“!!!”

He immediately pushed up which created a small tent with the blanket, the blanket not being perfectly placed on him, easily slid off to the side which revealed him wearing the red dress as he looked down, then his beautiful long hair cascaded down to the side due to gravity.

“WHY!?”

So that’s why he can’t sit-up right when he was laying down on his back, his hair stopped him from doing so.

Hastily sitting upright, he held the chest part of the dress and pulled it apart!

….He instantly stopped though.

Serena might still want to wear this…

“Serena.” Creed looked around his surroundings, only to find that he was alone in their room.

Creed tried to remember what happened last night now that he’s fine, but to no avail, what he still remembered was that he took a sip then it got cut off at that point. He held a bundle of his hair wondering how it suddenly grew overnight, letting it fall through his hand. It seems to go as far as the hips.

“…”

It’s been a while since he had long hair again. While staring at his hand, he found a note beside the bed where Serena usually sleeps at.

It reads:

(Will be back at night. I didn’t wake you up because there’ll still be an instance before you fully regain your resistance; at the very least, I don’t want you to be traumatized to whatever the hangover will do. Don’t go and try cutting your hair, it should still be long when I get back. Don’t tie your hair either, just act normal when you go outside. I’ll know if you tie your hair, so just keep it down. P.S. - How was the feeling of being drunk? Love, Serena.)

There’s even a heart shaped signature over her name.

Creed softly crumpled the letter in his hand, and it immediately burst into flames.

“What is she planning now?”

Neatly removing the dress, folded it and placed it in the laundry basket, he went to a dresser on his underwear, while being glad that his underwear was still his and not some female lingerie. He decided to take a bit of shower because he is unsure of whatever happened last night and then realized he had to use more shampoo than he used to.

Creed created 6 floating balls of flame near his hair to quickly dry it. He had to use 6 because of its length. It followed him wherever he went and when it completely dried,

“Let me borrow this for a bit.”

Since it’s been quite some time since he had long hair, he borrowed Serena’s brush and gently groomed his hair. Enjoying a leisurely calm time with his hair, such a peaceful morning like nothing happened earlier.

He then wore his usual white tunic, it got inside the top, so he had to pull his hair out of it, and tucked his shirt into his jet-black fit pants then left the room.

It’s about 6:30 a.m. in the morning. There’s still some time before the drill starts, but it’s better to head there early.

Walking through the hallways, he noticed Ana at a distance. She was heading to another room, perhaps she felt that someone was looking at her, so she glanced at him.

She didn’t stop walking to the room, but it looked like she had an evil grin before she went ahead.

“?”

He wasn’t sure whether she really smiled at him because of how she reacted yesterday, so he went on ahead too.

Before leaving the house, he left a barrier then changed out from the indoor slippers and wore his boots.

Outside, Creed is walking toward the direction of the training area, which is on the west side of the village, a bit of a distance away from the Hunter’s hub.

As usual since it’s Creed, he gets noticed very easily and is getting greeted by the people around him.

“Good morni-” *Blinks*

Creed returned a nod.

“Good mor-” *Cough*

“…” *nod*

“Hello- Nnng?!”

“…” *wave*

“Hi-”

“…” *waves*

“Yo-oOOoo?!”

“…” *smiles*

“Nice da-AAaayyy.”

“…” *smiles*

*Badump* “Nng!?” It looks like this guy held his heart.

That’s weird, somehow the people who greet him get caught up on their own words and their eyes follow him even though he proceeded way too far away from them already. The glances and stares he’s getting feels different, almost as if they can see through him.

What is this…?

Creed shook his head, his long and beautiful hair swayed along with him. The people around him, be it male or female became a little red seeing such a pretty gesture.

This made Creed conscious even more, he started looking back more around his surroundings, it’s way too different when he was walking normally. Rather than gazes of respect, it’s almost as if they’re looking at a ripe fruit on a tree and they were very hungry.

“…”

Creed sped up his normal walking and is starting to redden.

What is wrong with them, what is wrong with them. Something feels wrong, something feels wrong.

His sped-up gait made his hair sway faster. The people that usually greet him stopped doing so and just stared at him, mesmerized.

“Kkkuuh!!”

He doesn’t want this feeling anymore and just spread his wings and covered himself, teleporting away from the crowd.

In front of the scheduled training area. Creed is looking down while breathing heavily with his face a bit flushed.

“Is there something on me today?!”

Creed hurriedly inspected himself, other than the long hair, which the villagers are also somewhat familiar with, there’s nothing much different.

“…I must just be imagining it, right?”

Sure, it must be just Creed donning the long hair after a long while, so he brushed it off and went in.

The training area, a massive dome-like structure with greeneries on its roof, there are even some trees growing on its top, making it comparable to a small mountain.

The inside looks similar to a stadium, it has a huge grass field at the center, surrounded by tiers of chairs and is well lit as there are rays of light passing through the roof while there are magic stones which emit light which can be turned on or off, which are properly lined up on key places.

Creed arrived earlier than usual; he was pleasantly surprised to see that there are almost all of the people there already. They’re sitting and waiting on the side with other rows and columns of chairs that are tiered.

“?”

All of them noticed an approaching person. They all got curious on who is this beauty with long white silver hair who appears to dress the same as Creed, but because they know that most of them are here for a single purpose, they just assumed that it was some girl trying to increase her chances even if it’s a drill, so they didn’t mind it much.

That reinforced the thought that it was just Creed’s imagination, he nodded to himself upon seeing how well behaved his soon to be personnel are, he walked past them then distanced himself with a vacant chair in between before sitting.

It’s still not the scheduled meeting time, so Creed decided not to startle their focus and decided to calmly wait by propping his chin on his palm, as he eyed a visible clock at the side.

I should get a set of clocks for home…

Some people started to eye him too, they’re really curious on who this unknown beauty is. Since this time that there’s less people here and not all of them of them are looking at him, Creed can tolerate this much.

Now 7:00 a.m. There were some who arrived barely late, it shouldn’t matter much because it’ll be unfair if he started evaluating when he himself told the designated time. He would be breaking his own word if he had done so.

It's time to wear this.

Creed brandished the ring on his index finger and an item magically appeared out of thin air and caught it.

Now the atmosphere is a bit tense, it’s the scheduled time and they have no idea when or where their employer will appear.

*Lands*

Their attention got caught by the girl with white-silver hair who landed in front of them just below the wall from their seats.

She seemed to have jumped off out of the seats without much noise.

“It’s time. Everyone, follow me at the center.”

That voice, that silver-haired girl that somehow dressed the same was actually the person himself!

“Woah.”

“What in the world?

“A day just passed there’s already a massive difference!”

Some voiced their surprise, but Creed didn’t mind and just turned back to continue walking toward the center which caused everyone to scramble in attention, then followed.

At the center of the training area is a spacious grass field. The soon to be servants lined up in rows and columns in no particular order. Creed is directly in front of them. Some are starting to redden but tried their best for it to not to show.

Creed is pleased that the people managed to arrange themselves without asking them to, though the height differences of each other would be a problem, because some of them are blocking each other.

“People who are shorter, to the front. Just tap the person in front of you if you think you’re smaller than them and switch places.”

Everyone acted accordingly, now each has a better view of Creed.

“The drills are going to be simple, since all of you have ample experience on serving already, I’m just here to hone it into something that would better fit the roles you all are going to be put into.”

Creed turned around then used the ring again, what appeared out of thin air this time are sets of tables, kitchenware, glasses, cups, teacups, teapots and the likes. It didn’t appear in mid-air, it just appeared already placed on the ground and the items on top of each table.

Everyone still feels that it’s a bit surreal to see Creed having such beautiful long hair sway elegantly when he turned, which made them not notice the items that appeared out of nowhere, and when Creed turned back to them, it made them feel like Creed embodied the soulmate that looked at them longingly.

Behave yourself, behave yourself… was the words they kept repeating to themselves.

“The drill will take 4 hours, so we should be done by 11 a.m., just do what I’ll assign you into in a fast manner while also trying to be aware that your master can be present anytime and might give whimsical orders, so always be ready. Oh and there’ll be a catch, you’ll know once we start. For now, all I’ll say is that you can drop out anytime. Any questions?”

Everyone's still a bit out of it but quickly regained their senses. Creed having long hair might even be part of the drill! So, they tried their best to act normally. Collectively, they are psyching themselves up to not make a mistake.

“Sir!” A guy somewhere in the middle raised their hand, it was Jake.

“Go ahead.”

“Is the golden choker with a key on your neck related to the ‘drill’?”

The item that Creed wore. A very eye-catching collar that’s almost similar to Adam’s.

Creed happily smiled.

That made everyone blush a bit.

Creed then made a Gesture to Jake to come over. Jake complied while meekly looking at the people he passed through.

And once he was in front of Creed.

An intense pressure emanated from Creed, which made it harder to stand straight!

Guh!

*Thud thud*

Jake made a loud cry and fell on his knees then went on all fours.

*Smile*

Creed was still all smiles while releasing an aura that made them rattle their knees. The temperature feels like they’re inside an oven as they continue to sweat and gasp for more air.

“I’m really glad that you’re here, Jake, you didn’t disappoint.” Creed placed his boot on Jake and lightly pushed, causing him to roll on the ground and lay on his back.

“Thank you for being a volunteer, Jake.” Creed slowly walked over to Jake and placed his boot on Jake’s Chest. “Yes, this ‘key item’ is related to the drill. So, everyone, one of the most important drills here is to never mention my son’s slave collar! I will drill it deep into your minds that it shouldn’t register that there’s something on my son’s neck!”

Creed made sure to look at the crowd in front of him, who looked like they ran a marathon already because they’re all drenched in sweat.

“I hope all of you learn such a valuable lesson in the 4 hours we’ll be here, hehe.” Creed then looked back down at Jake under his foot and showed a beautiful smile, “Right, Jake?”

Though Creed’s eyes appear to be looking at a piece of trash on a road.

“Huff puff…. *gulp* *gasp*”

That beautiful smile… and such contradicting eyes. Somehow, Jake feels like this isn’t as bad if Creed has this long hair.

“Hey, your master asked you. Why aren’t you replying?” Now creed is showing a face of disgust, while gyrating the boot on him.

Even though Creed’s stepping on him, looking at him with disgust, and is haughtily urging him. It feels… nice? What is this? Even while gasping for air Jake has started mixing heavy breaths.

“Haa..ha… Y-Yes ma’am!”

“What the!?” Creed somehow felt actually disgusted for a moment as he instinctively lifted his foot over him, making it look like he just did some sort of crane stance.

Even the aura that Creed was releasing momentarily stopped, as everyone around him got a breather.

But Creed quickly realized he was just called ma’am and now quickly placed his boot on Jake’s face and kept rubbing it.

“Who… who the hell are you calling ma’am?!”

Creed was furious, the aura is back, but now more intense than before. His long, beautiful hair started to lightly float in the air. Creed might be furious, but he is holding back not to crush Jake’s head like a watermelon.

“I’m so..sowry, swir!”

“Hmph, if you are, then stand up and go back to your lane.” Creed rolled Jake over with his boot making travel closer to the crowd.

Creed didn’t stop his aura so getting up felt like there were huge boulders over him. It took him 2 minutes to get back.

“Now then, follow me to the tables.”

Creed turned back and started to walk. But,

“S-sir!” Another person called out to Creed.

“Yes?”

“C-can *gasp* you… please. Turn off… the suppression now?”

“Oh? Well, this is the ‘catch’, all of you will do your duties under this pressure. The drills started the moment I answered Jake, so come along now.”

“““!!!”””

So, this is the reason why Creed told them they can drop out at any moment! They will be subjected to this pressure while doing their normal duties! What kind of hell training is this!?

“I’ll also start asking random requests, so it’s better to be ready.”

“““Y-es!”””

2 hours in, just like what Creed said, he randomly asks request to people who he thinks are too focused on their roles.

It’s all just menial tasks like asking the person to wipe a towel on Creed’s face, ask for a short shoulder massage, fan him a bit, play a single set of rock-paper-scissors, and other trivial things. But Creed had a feeling that the people he called out to were more happy than troubled in doing so, male and female alike, that’s supposed to be a good thing; it feels a bit off because he’s doing this to trouble them more and whenever he calls out to someone, somehow the others stare at that person with envy? Why is that?

Not forgetting to punish the people who even dare to glance at the choker around his neck by exerting more pressure while scolding them like some drill sergeant.

But the result of that is like they get energized after experiencing so and manages to perform better momentarily.

Anyway, two people are already starting to get used to the pressure. It’s an old man with a robust build and a middle-aged woman. They both have stopped making rattling noises when holding a tray with cups and teacups on it.

Hmhm, pretty good they might fit the roles of being the head butler and head maid. At the pace they’re going, it’s only a matter of time before they start working elegantly even under this pressure.

The rest, although they’re managing to adapt, they’re sweating profusely, trembling limbs like the last rep of weight training, and are doing what they’re normally doing in a slower pace. It’s good to see that no one has dropped out yet, they must really want this position that much.

Jake is starting to work at a normal speed but can’t stop the trembling movements. There is one problem, however.

*glance*

Jake somehow got into a habit of stealing glances on the choker instead of stopping entirely.

“Tsk. Jake, C’mere.”

“Yes sir!”

Jake instantly stopped what he was doing, then went over.

“Clearly, added pressure and scolding doesn’t seem to work on you, so the punishment this time will be different. Get down on all fours, now!”

*thud thud*

Creed walked closer to Jake’s side then,

*sits*

“Gu!?”

Creed is sitting crossed legged on top of Jake.

“If scolding doesn’t work, then I’ll just command you with something humiliating! Go crawl a lap around this field while I’m sitting here!”

Holy shit

Almost everyone had the same wide-eyed expression and momentarily stopped whatever they were doing. They seem to be seething in rage as they are visibly grinded their teeth.

What the… that should’ve been me!! Not him! Me!

To creed it looks like it’s working because everyone seemed to be speechless and visibly red. Clearly, they don’t want to experience it themselves.

“Hey, why aren’t you moving!? Go now!” Creed exerted more pressure on Jake which made it a bit morr wobbly.

“Guh! Guh! Gh!”

Jake started slowly crawling, but it seemed like he is deliberately trying to move slowly which made the others even more jealous.

“Stabilize it even more! What if my youngest son suddenly wanted to ride a horse and you were the one, he asked!? It'll be dangerous and he might fall!”

No, Adam won’t do that.

 

 

Probably.

 

 

*thud thud*

Creed tapped Jake with the heel of his boot.

“Balance!”

“Ng! Haa… Ng… Haaa.!”

“Good.”

The heavy breathing and his red face got mistaken into a breathing of suffering and embarrassment.

It’s 11 a.m. now, the drill is finally over. Creed had to change the punishment after Jake, because there was a sudden surge of people glancing at the choker which would make the drill worthless. The punishment changed from being made to crawl while Creed is sitting on top of them, into, after glancing 3 times, they’ll be forcibly kicked out. These people should have dignity! With Jake, he can somewhat understand, but other young men and women!? They should value themselves better.

He had to leave while most were still trying to rest on the ground.

Impressed that not a single one dropped out. Creed told them to rest well and eat well for tomorrow. But he’ll be back later to finalize the roles at around 7 p.m. at the meeting room of the Hunter’s hub.

...

Right now, Creed is inside the Hunter’s hub, having a light lunch.

“Hey lady, why are you eating alo-”

*Glares*

The guy in armor instantly backed off.

Though he is getting some glances, it wasn’t as bad as when he walked out of his home. But because this is the Hunter’s hub, there are more ballsy people here that dare to actually mistake him.

*Sigh* “What the hell is this, this day’s been pretty weird. They should be aware that I had long hair before, right? It’s actually quite recent that I had such short hair.”

Creed finished his meal quickly because it’s getting uncomfortable again.

There’s only one reason why he’s at the Hunter’s hub; he's here to recruit some porters to collect the meat. Some of the dishes need to be very fresh and marinated overnight for it to taste good.

Hm? Why isn’t he just using his storage ring? Would you put raw meat in a vault? What’s more, are you really going to put a meat side by side with your diamond ring? Of course not!

“I’d like to recruit 3 porters with me, better if they bring carts.”

Creed talked to the female receptionist behind the counter.

“!!!... O-oh! So it’s you sir Creed! Yes, right away.”

The receptionist slightly flushed hastily went to the inner room and quickly went back with 3 papers.

“Would this information be enough?”

What’s written on the paper is what Creed told her. A recruitment flyer stating that Creed needs a porter and preferably with a cart.

“Yes, that would be enough.” Creed handed a gold coin as payment.

“… Thank you for the transaction.” She hesitatingly took the gold coin because it’s overpaying, but Creed is known to be not taking changes, so it still got taken.

She then went out of the counter, pinned the paper in a priority request board and went back.

Creed also went back to his seat and waited.

It didn’t take long for people to notice the new paper added on the priority as a crowd formed in front of it.

“Whoa! A priority request by Creed for porters with carts! If only I had a cart!”

“Creed’s here?”

“He has to be, since it just got posted now. But where could he be?”

Not everyone was taking the request because it feels wrong to take it when they don’t have a cart themselves, even if it’s just an optional preference, no one has skin that’s thick to do so. They really want to give the best treatment especially when the client is Creed. Even if the request didn’t specify the reward, it is well known that it will always be handsome if it came from him.

“Hoh? Chief is here?”

“Then it’s only natural to do the war cry.”

Now a bunch of people in purple scaled armor are starting to gather too.

“Everyone! Chief is here!” a man in scaled armor shouted so that it can be heard by the other people in armor who were far away.

Darn it, not again. Creed thought.

““Hurrah! Hurrah!””

“Okay, tone it down.”

They heard Creed talk and started to chant again as they faced him.

““Hurrah!! HUUOOooorayy????””

“The hell? Are you chanting or cheering?”

They saw the long-haired Creed looking at them with arms crossed and a troubled look.

They felt their heart jump a bit because it didn’t look like their strong manly leader, but it looked more like a beautiful white-silver haired lady with a troubled look. Is this the difference when Creed has long hair? Why didn’t they see him having such a feminine look if he looked this beautiful with long hair?! Have they been blind all this time????

“Uh… yes, sorry sir. We’ll tone it down.”

They all apologetically became meek as they ruffled their heads.

“…Huh? Okay.” Creed went back to his seat.

It was a surprise to him, for them to suddenly stop right away when told to do so. This is good, though he doesn’t understand the reason why, must be because the person in white scaled silver armor isn’t here, but it’s starting to feel like it must be – really – related to his hair.

It didn’t take long for Creed to hunt for the meat with the 3 porters. But what made it take longer was the back and forth of hunting and bringing it back carefully as to not damage its form and taste, then talking to a butcher and a cook to prepare the food for tomorrow.

The meeting, was supposed to end quick but somehow he got the feeling that they were deliberately taking longer to decide, but he had no basis for that and was only a gut feeling. So all he had to do was calmly wait.

Now, it’s late at night at around 9 p.m. Creed finally arrived at his home.

He just dropped at the lounge sofa like a sack of potatoes.

*flop*

“Darn, why do I feel extremely exhausted right now? This didn’t happen before. Am I still drunk?”

*step step step*

“I don’t think that’s what being drunk is.”

“…You heard that?”

What appeared from the hallway was a beautiful girl with long pale-blue hair. It’s Serena, she’s wearing a nightgown that’s colored white, she sat at the sofa that’s directly in front of Creed.

“Yes, now tell me how it felt.” *smiles*

Creed leaned back sloppily on the Sofa as if to contemplate his life.

“Bad, very bad. It felt like my first encounter with a monster that uses status ailments.”

“Oh? But you seemed that you really enjoyed yourself last night.”

“Huh? You weren’t asking what I felt this morning? But I don’t remember what happened last night.”

“Of course, silly, I’ve seen father, uncle and many others complain about hangovers, I have an idea but still curious… Wait, you don’t remember?”

“Hm, not a clue.”

“That’s weird, I remember father and uncle still remembering what they did after that…”

“Wait, Serena, what did I do last night?”

“Oh, it was…”

As if instantly remembering what happened last night, Serena tilted her head to the side and started to turn red.

“H-hey, what did I do?”

“…” Serena just turned redder and placed a hand over her mouth.

Creed remembered that he woke up wearing a red dress this morning, “…You know what, I don’t wanna know anymore. I have a feeling that I had enough of weird today.” Creed relaxed again, “Speaking of which, how did my hair grow this long overnight?”

Serena fixed herself and replied normally, “That, I asked my uncle to.”

“…” Creed just continuously blinked his eyes on hearing that then sighed. He’s too tired to even complain and ask how.

“That said, how was the experience of moving around with long hair again? Without your helmet.”

“That’s it!” Creed instantly sprung up from the sofa. “I see, so that’s why. I got so used to having no helmet that forgotten that I was wearing a helmet in public all those times when my hair was long!”

“Fufu the reactions of the people must’ve been funny.”

“? Why are you so sure that their reaction would be funny?” Creed said as he sat back on the sofa. “In fact, why would it even be different when they know my face already and just had longer hair than usual.”

“Riiight, you aren’t aware.”

“Aware of what?”

“Have you recently looked at a mirror?”

“Yes, just this morning when I was brushing my hair.”

Serena got a bit surprised, “Oh, so you borrowed my brush? That’s so girly!”

“Kuh! Of course, I had to! I was literally pressing under my hair when I woke up!”

“Whatever you say, Girly-Creed.~”

“Nnnn!” Creed was starting to redden as he gripped the arm rests tightly because of Serena’s teasing.

Seeing Creed redden made Serena wide eyed and her heart skip a beat; it was as if she’ll do anything for him, whatever it may be.

Whoa, dangerous! I let my guard down for a moment and I almost got charmed! It feels like he’s prettier than me. Grrrr… Oh, right.

“Ahem. Don’t mind it, don’t mind it.~ While we’re in the topic of long hair. I have a request for my birthday.”

Creed calmed down. As long as she stopped teasing him, it’s better to divert the attention to this ‘request’. But a request that came from the topic of hair feels like it has a catch, so it’s time to bargain.

“Hmm, so this will be my birthday gift for you?”

Serena looked troubled, but after a moment of deliberation Serena replied.

“Yes, this will be my birthday gift for this year.”

“Okay, I’ll hear it.”

Serena clasped both of her hands to Creed.

“Please cross-dress again!”

“Wha- no!” Creed stumped his foot on the floor loudly.

“At least think about it!”

“I did and the first thing that came to mind was embarrassment!”

“Please! I would be very happy!”

Seeing Serena bow deeply feels wrong. So Creed’s getting persuaded.

“…I. I’ll do it once the guests have left…”

Serena had a grin under her face which isn’t visible to Creed.

He really is too easy.

Only to you, girl.

Now that Serena managed to get past the first hurdle, then it’s only natural to add more to it. Cape Diem, as they say.

“This time, the whole day.”

Creed quickly crossed his arms. “That’s too much! Did I even do anything wrong to warrant such humiliation?!”

“No, but I still feel sad about Adam not talking to me.” ╥﹏╥

Darn it Adam, just go make up with your mother already! Creed screamed in his heart.

“……….Fine.”

“Really?”

“However, let’s leave it to luck. So, heads or tails?”

With a wave, a gold coin dropped on Creed’s palm.

“Why not just go ahead with my request?” Serena sulked by puffing her cheeks.

“Hey, I still don’t want to cross-dress the whole day! Don’t worry, even if you guess it wrong, I’ll still cross-dress, only that it will be after the guests leaves.”

Serena pondered it for a bit. “Hmm, oh? fine. Tails.”

“Then heads will be my win.”

The outcome of Creed’s fate, relying on a single piece of gold coin. It’s the only way to quietly compromise with Serena, or with him for that matter. Only by leaving it to destiny. However, Creed has plans to control destiny. He really doesn’t want to cross-dress in front of other people.

Sorry Serena, but I’m very accustomed to the weight of a gold coin; I can control my strength perfectly to make the side I want appear on every attempt.

It's rigged from the start, no rule was stated that one can intercept the coin, or even modify the coin before it started. It was just a simple question of “Heads or Tails?”. That means Creed and Serena are free to try whatever tricks they can think of to get their desired outcome.

To top it off, since Creed was holding the coin, he has more chance to alter the coin itself.

The only margin of error I have is the floor, which may have different structural integrity than what I’m used to and may cause the coin to bounce more than intended. Then,

Creed leaned closer, he then positioned the coin on his curled index finger and placed his thumb just below it, preparing to flick the coin.

The moment my thumb hits the coin, I’ll heat it up just before its melting point, enough heat for the coin to be moldable just for it to flop on the floor without bouncing.

*Flick*

The coin finally launched in the air. It kept whirling in the air. Creed and Serena are just in front of each other sitting on a sofa. He also took care to observe Serena in her seat.

Even if you tried anything right now, I’m closer to the coin, and I’m faster than you.

The coin finally reached its peak, it then started to go down because the gravity.

Serena seemed to relax more on her seat, she leaned on the sofa’s arm rest, then propped her chin on her palm with a closed hand. She stared directly at the coin.

“?”

Why isn’t doing anything? Did she decide to play fair and just hope for luck?

The coin made it on their eye level, with Creed still closely observing Serena. She’s still relaxed.

Something’s off…

It’s now close to the floor, just the height of their knees.

She’s still not doing anything. No mana fluctuation, whatsoever.

Now the coin is at a height that requires only three rotations before it lands, with how it’s rotating, the last three revolutions would surely make heads appear for both of them to see.

I must’ve worried about nothing.

Creed basically considered himself the winner before it hit the floor, he slightly relaxed but still kept an eye on the coin.

One rotation…

Two rotations…

And the last rotation, the tails’ part will finally make contact with the ground.

“!!!”

But it stopped rotating! It was as if the coin was grabbed by an invisible hand, but it still kept going down!

“Ngk!”

*BAM*

Creed was relaxed, but he mustered all his speed in an instant; with his speed, the coin looked to be barely moving down. The sofa he was sitting on got a large hole as if it got shot by a cannon ball because of the force Creed did just to get to the coin.

With his outstretched hand, he scooped the coin 0.5cm before it hits the ground.

*Swish*

“!”

*flop*

The coin landed. What was facing up is tails.

Creed was kneeling on the floor in a stance that his enclosed hand is near his shoulder.

*Exhale*

He can clearly see the coin that he heated up on the Floor, it didn’t bounce like he intended, but it was on a result that he didn’t want.

Slowly opening the fist that tried to catch the coin, it wasn’t there. There was nothing there. Of course, he didn’t manage to catch the coin in the first place.

Because the moment his fingers were about to catch it, it suddenly went down faster than his fingers could, as if it dodged him.

“Wow, you really didn’t want to show others your cross-dressing that much?”

Creed sat cross legged on the floor then looked at the sofa behind that he just destroyed.

“You think?” *Sigh*Creed just powerlessly looked down, then looked at serena. “So, how did you do it?”

“More like, what did YOU do.” She stood up and went near Creed then said, “I didn’t do anything.”

“I… heated up the coin so that I’ll win.”

“Not that, I guess I was too vague.” Serena placed both of her hands on her waist. “What rude things did you do to the Goddess, for Her to step-up and tell me directly to leave this bet to Her?”

“!!”

Creed placed both of his hands on his head in surprise.

?!?!?!??!

“I might’ve… cursed her this morning.”

“…” Serena placed her palm on her face. “You shouldn’t curse Gods just because they did something so inconvenient. We’re lucky that the Goddess just goes along and haven’t smitten you yet; we can’t take any more risks, even if I’m her agent.”

“…Sorry.”

“The mood’s ruined. In any case, as long as you apologized already, we’re still in the green.” Serena looked coldly at Creed. “You already apologized, right?”

“Y-yes.”

*Sigh* “We don’t want an additional ‘curse’ on our third child.”

Serena looked down with a solemn expression.

“…”

“…”

Serena let out one long breath. “Let’s stop the sad atmosphere, yes? It’s finally my birthday tomorrow! I hope you deliver well. You’re not going to go back on your word, right? You’ll be cross-dressing for the whole day; we even made a bet on it.” Serena forced a smile.

Seeing Serena try to lift her spirits up, Creed felt he should respond in assurance, so he firmly stood up.

“Of course, I won’t go back on my word. Much more if I made a bet on it.”

“Right. then… welcome back, Elcesta~.”

“Yes… I’m back.” Creed responded with a genuine smile.

Such a beautiful smile, from a beautiful person. A smile almost comparable to a God or a Goddess. Just seeing it heals and calms her down. She can look at it forever and ever.

*Badump*

Serena quickly jumped Creed for a tight hug.

Ah~ getting charmed now might not be so bad.

 

Chapter 13.1 end. ~~~ A long hair, a long day ~~~

 

Hello! Boy did I experience war in this chapter. The laptop I was using got spilled with water by the one who was using it during the day, the keyboard kept spamming “h”! And by trying to dry it with a blower, I accidentally melted the dash key, holy crap! Don’t worry guys, I always backup my files on a USB, so everything is a-Ok. Still, I wanted to write, so gotta cope with just phone vibrations ig. Should I had made this Ch.9.2? maybe it was better if I did it on that order, but the reveal though, so tell me if I made a bad decision. This chapter was supposed to be just short, but had fun with it. Anyway, we got 15k views!! Yay! Gotta draw someone, better not forget one of the troublemakers, to which I drew… Graham! Yes that doctor who invents things, hopefully I drew him nice and there’s some visible Ikemen energy. Probably the last drawing I can make until there’s a useable laptop T.T take care! - September 26, 2013

  

GEcNeMr.png

This is Graham! Is he actually handsome?

 

Glossary:

Carpe Diem - urge someone to make the most of the present time and give little thought to the future. Caaaarpee dieeem, but we do know that serena thought a bit about the future.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11