Ch.14
454 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Banquet Hall, having two flights of stairs on each side for a balcony near the entrance which extends all the way through the side almost reaching the end, a large open venue at the center like a cotillion, with numerous round wooden tables donning a simple white cloth cover and a set of normal wooden chairs. The flooring is marbled brown and is appealing to look at, you can almost see a direct reflection of the people standing and walking around. Further at the center is a small elevation where there's 3 steps of stairs at both the sides of it, then two huge chairs that are almost throne like in appearance. Sitting there would give a full view of the whole Banquet Hall, along with the entrance, and on the side of it, just below are musicians, the instruments present ranged from piano, violin, guitar, cello, castanets, lyre euphonium and other things. Though most aren’t being used, but they still managed to create a nice, pleasant melody for the Banquet.

It may look high class, but it’s not as high class and as overwhelming as the dining room.

There are plenty of people inside, most of which tries to be in their most formal or semi-formal wear to at least be presentable. No guest is wearing the typical tunic get-up. Along with their attire are coats and dresses, making it look quite the formal event, though their outfit is not as fancy as Graham, Serena, and/or Elcesta’s. Some people are already dancing at the center with their partners to the tune enjoying the moment, making the atmosphere feel informal and relaxed.

Here we have Adam, who is currently following along his Older sister. It seems to be that both of his siblings are also quite popular and has many friends of kids with the same age.

“This is Adam! My little brother, he is quite delicate and weak so please get along with him!”

Ana announced to the crowd as she presented Adam like a show and tell presentation for school.

Adam is basically getting pulled by Ana to be introduced to all her friends, but to Adam it looks more like they have followers than a group of friends.

“He’s cute!”

“Is this really your brother and not your sister?”

“He has similar whit-silver hair as you!”

“I haven’t seen Anastasia this happy before.”

“Right? she always had these angry eyes that are always with a frown.”

*Glares*

“…Ahaha, it’s a joke…”

It’s a lively group that has Lilac and consists mostly of girls. Adam is starting to wonder how many times people will actually be unsure of his gender. He even thought that maybe it’s time to get his hair cut again? Nah, let’s still keep it.

There’s a singular boy, but it seems that the boy is a sibling of one of the girls here. But being in a clique with a group of girls makes Adam wonder.

Do you have a crush on my sister or something?

Because there’s another group that consists mostly of boys which has Gain at the center a few distance away. Gain is enjoying the time talking to his friends. Seeing his brother smile with another group of people without him feels a bit unpleasant. Adam didn’t have siblings before, but this almost feels like your best friend is with another group of friends and is having fun without you.

Adam wanted to go there too, because boys will be boys and they might be talking about something cool. Not that he has any problems being with a group of girls of course. Fawning over all girly wasn’t something he did and isn’t something he wants to get used to.

Some of the boys at Gain’s group gives glances at the group where Adam is at. Just like your typical young boys and young girls peers in an elementary school. Where there’s some sort of rivalry, or an oath not to betray the squad, or maybe it’s just about crushes too. Still, Adam has respect for this singular boy in the group since he has the balls to follow around a group of girls without getting embarrassed about it.

Hmm, when can I actually get away?

Left and right, there’s girls. Not just any girls, literal children. It’s quite nice to see Ana just be a child, but Adam is not mentally a child. It’s starting to get taxing playing along with a childlike attitude. In this clique, he can’t take a moment of break.

“Anastasia, where has your father gone off to? I somehow don’t see him.”

“Huh, why suddenly bring him up?” Ana replied with a slightly annoyed tone.

“It’s just that, he always waved at our group but now it feels incomplete. Like something’s missing.”

Ana glanced at where Elcesta is at before replying.

“Don’t… mind it. He’s just a bit busy, is all.”

The kids also noticed where Ana glanced at, so they started focusing on that topic.

“Who is that beautiful woman, Anastasia? I didn’t know you had another relative!”

“Yes, she’s so beautiful! I want to grow up like her!”

“Is she like, your aunt? Or godmother? What’s her name?”

“She has such a long beautiful white silver hair!”

“Err… everyone, one at a time.”  Ana got bombarded with questions that she’s having trouble keeping up.

Lilac started to assist Ana too.

They lost focus. Now’s my chance.

Adam nimbly slipped off from the group of girls without any of them noticing.

“Haaa…”

Adam let out a small breath of relief.

It’s time to go to the boys.

He’s feeling a little bit excited, he can imagine what dumb things he can do and might do if he got into this group. Just like starting a new friend group in his past life. Just to make studying more bearable. Meeting new people is part of growing up and having social interactions and connections will come along way.

This reminded him how he had to part ways with his old friends due to having different dreams in life. They talked at long distances using the technology, but it can’t be helped that friendship fizzled out in time. That it feels a bit awkward to strike a conversation again when the last message was 3 years ago.

No biggie, this time’s just making new friends again. With Gain acting as an intermediary to easily get in. Gain is hasn’t noticed him coming over, so he’s still happily talking to his friends.

But does Adam need to intrude?

“…”

Adam stopped walking towards Gain’s group. Seeing him have fun without him made him realize that no matter how “mature” his siblings are, they are still children. If he went there now then the atmosphere would’ve changed and Gain will have to take care of him to some extent.

“…”

Adam looked back to where Ana was. She was troubled with her friends, but you can’t deny it on her face that she’s having fun.

They might’ve had a more normal life if he wasn’t there.

“… … … … … … … …”

Let’s just do what I came here for in the first place.

Adam decided to leave his siblings be and focus why he went to the Banquet Hall with them in the first place. They will be helping him later anyway.

Finding a free table that has a good view at the center didn’t take long. He had a bit of trouble pulling the chair himself then climbed to sit on it.

Started observing the people that were dancing to the music at the center.

The dances are quite simple.

It’s usually the male leading the female as they gracefully move together almost like a simpler Waltz dance. While observing, Adam’s hand and its fingers are moving as if it has a mind of its own. Each finger moving on an opposite, vertical, horizontal, diagonal, and or a different movement entirely. It actually looks freaky, good thing it’s hidden behind the table cloth.

I see, like this, like that. Hmm… yeah like that.

“Okay, I got the gist of it.”

Adam relaxed his hand and slouched back on the chair. There are some people that noticed him, but it seems like they aren’t sure on how to interact with him, so they kept their distance.

It’s as if they were being very cautious of something.

*Glance*

Or someone.

Ever since Adam came in with his siblings, he instantly felt like he got piercing glances from time to time. Even more now that he parted ways with his siblings. Being alone and observing, just intensified those same glances.

*Glance*

There it is again; I feel like I’m being pricked.

It’s like there’s a hidden hawk that observes his movements and is ready to swoop over him at any moment. He feels it in an instant before vanishing entirely. It’s way different from the glances that he gets from the servants and guests. So, Adam looked around to see where such an intense gaze could is coming from.

…Mother?

After looking around, he saw his Mother, still in men’s clothing. She’s happily talking to her friends too. Gotta hand it to another world, the girls have different colored hair like red, purple, pink, green, brown. It seems to be that they’re all having fun talking to each other casually, then,

*Glance*

Hawk has been uncovered.

It was quick, but he felt a glance coming from his mother when she took a short breather while talking to her friends.

Don’t worry mother. The gift’s completed.

*Glance*

But he felt another intense glance which didn’t came from Serena’s direction.

…Hm? There’s another one?

Adam scanned the area once more, catching Elcesta at a corner. She is calmly talking to some ladies, while having a reserved attitude. Adam doesn’t know why he suddenly locked on to Elcesta. She still looks beautiful and is very elegant. The way her hair sways with each movement is very mesmerizing.

However,

*Glance*

Hawk 2 spotted.

Looks like it came from Elcesta. As to why she is also doing it, Adam has no specific idea as to why. Maybe she’s just curious?

While looking at Elcesta, he felt another glance from Serena’s area. It seems the two of them are just monitoring him like any adult relative would.

But what are they so worried about?

While thinking so, a butler with a slicked back orange hair went pass him carrying some food.

Oh! It’s Jake.

Adam tried to call out to him but hesitated, because he doesn’t know what to call him.

I’m not supposed to know his name yet. Do I just call him servant? No that feels too pompous. So just butler? it feels weird and off.

While thinking, Jake kept getting farther away.

No need to overthink it. Butler it is….

“Bwutler!”

“?”

Jake turned back after hearing a child’s voice that seemed to be directed at him. He saw a child sitting alone at a table. Having white-silver hair with golden tips, a face that almost looks like a girl’s, a very conspicuous golden collar with purple accents while wearing an out of place normal tunic. Only a select few would have such a characteristic in this place. Yes, this is the child he’s drilled to be very cautious with. The carefree young master of this house.

Seeing that he’s alone without any of his family members near him, just proves that he really is carefree.

Jake adjusted his collar by using a finger before promptly getting near and replying back.

“Yes, young master?”

Jake looks like a different person; he wasn’t anywhere near to what his first impression was before. He’s really professional and lithe. Is this what he actually is like when it comes to work? Or maybe he got some good training to compensate.

“Can I have swome snacks?”

“Right away.”

At present, Jake’s tray was only carrying an assortment of nuts. He placed 3 cups of different nuts for Adam to munch on.

*munch munch*

Munching on something is nice.

It tastes like what a normal nut would. So, there isn’t much to appreciate other than crunching on it.

I’ll need water for this. Adam’s mouth is starting to feel dry.

*Gulp*

“Caan you get me some water? Also bring mwore snacks!”

“Of course.”

Jake promptly left.

“…”

So far, Jakes been really good at doing his job. 8/10, just wished he screw over some more.

*munch munch munch*

This is what good about nuts. They might not have the strongest of taste, but they’re really good at making you get more and more even if your mouth is starting to feel dry.

*Munch munch*

There’s actually a Hawk 3 but Adam doesn’t feel it; it’s Graham. He’s just better at hiding it while trying to get hammered from alcohol as he happily talked with other guests.

“…”

Now there’s a girl that looks the same age as Adam watching him eat.

“?” *munch munch*

She has a pink hair close to salmon in color, done in a high twin tail with a length reaching her shoulders, light green eyes, and is wearing a normal white dress.

She keeps staring at the assortment of nuts and Adam.

...Is this girl lost?

“Want some?”

Her eyes sparkled upon hearing that; she continuously excitedly nods.

*nods nods*

“Here.”

Adam pushed one of the cups near her, which is also near a vacant chair that’s close to Adam.

She had trouble pulling the chair herself, before climbing on it and then munching some snacks too.

*munch munch*

*munch munch*

Now 2 kids are on the table just silently eating nuts.

Jake arrived, with a bigger tray on him that also had a pitcher of water and a single glass. He got a bit surprised that now there’s another child with the young master who is eating with him. He nods in approval of his carefreeness, but he did only bring one glass for the young master.

Nevertheless, Jake still did what he was first asked to. He placed the tray on the table near Adam and gently placed a big plate next to him then poured him a glass of water.

“Thwanks!”

“Anytime, young master.”

Adam took a small sip of water, but after tasting the refreshing spring on his tongue; he drank it all. What’s on the big plate was a set of bread that looks similar to Spanish Tapas and another set of Hors d’oeuvre. Both of which also had their variants of dessert.

The girl who was near Adam stared at the new set of food that was presented.

“Bwutler get me another glass for her, ah, and stay with us aftwerwards!” Let’s keep Jake near as a bodyguard, so that the Hawks worry less.

“Affirmative.”

Jake left and was later seen to be talking to another servant. He must be talking about how he’ll stay near Adam and is asking the servant to take over what he was doing earlier.

The servant agreed, but he had eyes that narrowed on Jake as if to say This guy has been very lucky since yesterday!

Jake didn’t notice such an envy and left to get another glass.

Now back to Adam.

Adam looked at the food that was given by Jake. The servings are nicely portioned, bite sized and there are all sorts of different flavors to choose from. It looks very appetizing, but the problem is that there are the dessert variants when he has been avoiding them for a while now.

Hmm, seems like it hasn’t spread yet that I have been avoiding sweets. Jake brought too many of the sweets. Good thing this girl is with me now.

Looking at the girl with Pink salmon hair, she looks like she’s starting to drool.

“Do you want?” Adam pointed at the ones that looked sweet.

*nod nod nod nod nod*

“Here.”

Adam took one of the desserts from his plate and tried to hand it over to her with his index and thumb. Since it was only on one plate, he can’t just place it on the cloth for her to get; that would be bad manners and being rude.

“Ah~~”

“…”

Instead of taking it with her hand, she just closed her eyes then opened her small mouth with a sound.

What? Is she expecting me to feed her?????????

Adam is surprised with this girl, so he tried to quickly rationalize why she would do this.

…Maybe the gesture I did looked similar to how her parents would feed her? So, she did it instinctively. But still…

Adam realized it should be normal because this is how an actual 2-year-old should be. Too innocent to even know shame.

Oh right, kids.

Using himself as a benchmark for 2-year-olds is a grave mistake.

Oh well, this feels like I have a little sister myself, cute.

Since Adam felt like he was taking his time thinking, he hurriedly placed it on her small mouth.

*Chomp*

“Ow!”

His finger got caught when her mouth closed, her small teeth bit onto his finger. It made him quickly react into pulling it out and inspecting it. Good thing she didn’t bite too hard, it’s not bleeding or anything.

She is silently chewed the food with a blissful face.

*Chew chew*

She really is a cute kid with her cheeks lightly puffed with the food she’s eating. She looks to be really enjoying herself.

*Shiver*

But Adam instantly got goosebumps all over his body because…

4 Hawks!!!

Those 4 probably heard Adam’s light cry. They aren’t even trying to hide their piercing glares now.

Those two new Hawks are coming from where Gain and Ana were. He doesn’t want to look at his siblings. Because he has a feeling that if he did, they would literally reveal their talons and quickly swoop him right then and there. Also, the two of them might look really scary, making Adam not look at them in the same way ever again.

Oh god, Jake, come over here quick! Stop my family from causing a scene!

Adam covertly looked around while avoiding to look at the direction where his family are, trying to find Jake, but he is nowhere to be seen.

Darn! You really are good at giving people trouble when they need you the most!

Now it’s up to him to pacify the 4 hawks that are fiercely looking at his direction. What can he do?

Right! People that are still looking over are mostly still observing. Meaning, how they act will be reactionary to what they’ll see next. Then, depending on my reaction after my light cry, they would instantly shrug it off.

Like how a parent could watch their child trip over. If the child looks like it’s about to cry, then the parent would instantly react in a way to pacify the child. The same can be said if the child just laughed after tripping over, then the parent would also just laugh it off.

“Haha! Don’t bwite finger, it’s a no no. Here.”

Adam grabbed another dessert and tried to hand it over to her again.

Yes, I’ll just laugh it off while feeding you again. Because I am – a dumb 2-year-old.

“?” *nods* “Ah~~”

Did she really understand the no biting part? And why are you just opening your mouth again!?

Adam feels that the look he’s getting has lessened, but they’re still looking.

Holy shit, am I really going to feed her while my family is looking?!?!?!? I feel like I’m gonna get teased for the rest of my life by them acting like I found a girlfriend at the age of 2!!! Like holy shit, I can see it happening!

Now it's starting to feel like there were more and more people looking over at his general direction too. They must’ve seen the person (Serena, Elcesta, Ana, Gain) they’re talking to suddenly go into a halt and stare towards Adam’s direction. Of course, the people would be curious on what’s in that direction, it fully seized the attention of that one person.

They saw two children; one looks to be just opening her mouth and the other one is hand feeding her. Except the other child is actually the youngest child of this family. Now who is that lucky child to be that close to the youngest child to be even hand fed?

“That’s… just so cute!”

“I see, the youngest son is already good in getting into relationships.”

“I can tell where the resemblance is coming from.”

“Someone, record this moment! I’ll pay for the magic stone!”

“Anyone knows whose child is that?”

“She’s getting treated like a princess!”

“Where are her parents?”

““Anastasia/Gain isn’t that your brother?””

“Sheeeeesh.”

“Oh, that’s my girl.”

The murmur has drowned the music in the background.

“…” Adam is started to become red.

You think I didn’t hear that!? Dude, if this is your daughter, why aren’t you doing anything!?

Forget about the hawks! There’s more pressure now with the amount of attention he’s getting from the crowd!

I was prepared to get attention from the gift giving, but no amount of preparation would’ve prepared me for this! What did I do to deserve this!

The opposite hand of Adam which wasn’t visible, was shaking from embarrassment. It feels like it’s the first day of school and suddenly he was chosen as the first representative to make a surprise presentation, just because.

Just feed her, no need to prolong your suffering. Kill your heart, and you kill your shame…

Like in a meditative state, Adam slowly placed the food in her mouth.

*umpf*

She still closed her mouth while Adam’s fingers were inside. It didn’t register to Adam that that just happened, since he’s like in a meditative state.

*Nibble nibble nibble*

“?”

*Lick lick lick”

“!!!!!!!!”

*Pop*

Pop?! Did it just make a popping sound!? Doesn’t that mean she was sucking on it tooooooooooo!???!?!?!?

There was a trail of saliva coming from her mouth and Adam’s two fingers.

*Chew chew chew*

What the fuck!?

Adam is truly red now and his meditative state gone.

Is this what babysitting or having a child is like? If so, he wants none of those!

At first it felt like a play biting from a pet animal, then it turned into licking the food on her mouth, the food which is held by his fingers, naturally got licked too.

I am a natural dumbass… I should’ve told her not to close her mouth while my fingers were still inside and not the simple ‘no biting’ that I said.

She really didn’t bite, just like what Adam told her. So, there aren’t any fault to her actions.

Adam saw a glimpse of his family. Serena was seen to be soundlessly clapping. Gain was massively grinningg on him. Ana looked wide eyed. Elcesta, held her mouth.

It's over for me. They will tell me this story whenever they had a chance. Even if I played dumb and say I don’t remember, they will continue on to recount every detail of this event. It’s – over.

Well, at least Adam has stopped them from making a scene, but in exchange, it was him that made the scene himself.

He looked at the finger that was still wet with saliva.

Yeah, no. I won’t be eating with this hand.

He took one of the non sweet variants with his other hand and ate some.

*Chew chew chew*

Oh, this is delicious… Right!

Adam had an Epiphany right after eating.

Only adults would feel shame at this current moment! If I give in now, the crowd will have an impression that there really was something embarrassing just now, and that, will snowball into something called ‘affection’.

Adam took another one of the desserts and presented it to his seat mate.

“Here.”

“Ah~”

Yes, I’ll put my finger inside again. It already happened twice, if it happened a third time and more, then this will be the thing called – normal.

She closed her mouth with Adam’s finger still inside. Adam just pulled it normally that is also fast enough to give her no chance to nibble or even make a ‘pop’ sound on his fingers again.

*Chew chew chew*

She happily chewed the food Adam gave her.

And I’ll take a food for myself and eat it!

In a way, Adam is painting two kids who are just innocently eating together. No malice or any ulterior motives or whatever. Just two children enjoying the food.

Adam just continued this process in a normal manner.

“He’s a natural.”

“It looks like the youngest child had found a friend.”

“This must be his first friend!”

“Should I introduce my child?”

“That child needs to be of the same age.”

“Duh, why do you think I would suggest that?”

The soft murmur continues.

Hmhm, good. I managed to stop getting railroaded on being teased of ‘having a lover at 2-year-old’ path. Yes, my salmon-colored hair companion, we are not directly talking about it, but we are now FRIENDS.

Though he isn’t that far away from getting teased by his family about this moment because this is still a remarkable day for Adam. It is his first friend.

Let’s continue to wholesomely eat with her. This will solidify the friendship paint. Because.

I, am a dumb 2-year-old.

She, is a dumb 2-year-old.

WE, are a dumb 2-year-olds!

Me and my friend are a dumb 2-year-olds!

*Chew chew gulp*

Now the girl got curious about Adam, she opened her mouth, but didn’t bother to close her eyes to look directly at him. Why is he so kind just like her parents, to keep feeding her without any complaints?

Adam noticed it, he just brightly smiled back at her.

Her pupils dilated and she involuntarily closed her mouth from his smile. She even gulped before opening her mouth again, but this time she didn’t do her “Ah~” sound anymore.

Adam still placed the food on her mouth, but in this moment, she waited for Adam’s fingers to leave first before closing it.

“?”

She looked down on the table as she chewed.

“Here’s the glass for the lady.”

Jake finally managed to come back and poured water on her glass using the pitcher.

Darn, what took you so long?

She drank the whole glass of water without any pause.

Jake stood next to Adam and looked around. He noticed that there’s a bunch of crowd looking over here. He firmly stood his ground as he kept scanning around the place.

The crowd naturally returned to what they were previously doing. It feels a bit intimidating to be stared down by a butler. Adam’s family also has calmed down, with Jake there, there isn’t much to worry about.

Nice, Jake. Your social awareness being bad came in good this time. He didn’t notice that there was a crowd already looking here because he came at our table anyway. 9/10 superb service.

Adam and the girl continued eating while Jake was watching over. Though it feels really different now that the girl has stopped making Ah~ noises when opening her mouth. But she still did eat. Thank you for eating all the desserts portion for me.

“Ah! There you are.”

A lady came wearing a dress that looks similar to the girl, also having salmon colored hair, but her eyes were brown.

“I told you to behave at our table, didn’t I?” She talked to the girl that seems to be her daughter. “Ah! thank you for being friendly with my daughter.”

She noticed Adam sitting near her, so the mother politely bowed to him.

“Let’s go back to our seats.”

*nod* she hopped off the table and held her mother’s hand.

They both walked away while the girl was still looking back to Adam. He responded by happily waving to her, she also responded back by continuing wave back as they walked.

A few steps away, there was a man with brown hair and light green eyes.

“If you knew where our daughter was, you could’ve gotten her yourself.” The woman said.

“Come on, you took too long at the restroom, she just got a new friend! And not just any friend at that. I didn’t want to bother them you know.”

The man seemed to be the one who said “Oh, that’s my girl” earlier since the voice sounded very similar.

They continued talking as they went back to their table. Their location is farther away from Adam, but he can still see them.

The two of them finished waving at each other, but she has been giving him glances at times now.

“…”

Adam’s hand is still wet with saliva.

“Bwutler, can you get me towel?”

“Yes, young master.” Jake promptly left again.

Oh, I didn’t ask her name…

 

 

Chapter 14 end ~~~I got a new friend in another world~~~

 

 

 

 

 

Hello. Sorry about not updating for a while, The weeks has just been crushing. I got a fever after my pet... went to a better place now. Take care everyone. - October 13, 2023

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10