Ch.17
368 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the banquet hall, where there is currently a more formal dance being held at the center. From this moment on, most of the adults already had a chance to partake in the dance and the event is nearing its end. However, there are still a select few who still haven’t danced even once.

Ah, that is the 28th person father has rejected.

One of which is Elcesta = Creed.

So far, Adam has not done much other than to wait for the long-awaited gift giving; so, he’s passing the time by just watching the dances even more or just plainly watching his parents. He’s still sitting at the same table he chose earlier, but now it’s just him and Jake again.

Riette and Danil had returned to their parents because they had their fill with the dance, so they went to Adam’s table to fetch their child while not forgetting to bow in gratitude to Adam for spending time with their child. His siblings left to keep their distance and to cool down because of how awkward they felt after the earlier debacle.

So now we got the “Peace and Quiet” back.

I hoped that Lilac was here too when my siblings were here, but there is no reason for her to do so.

She did get invited by them to be there earlier, but she refused.

She decided to be a good girl and just stay at her parents’ table. But it looks like she’s starting to catch a pattern where something will happen if those 3 are together.

29th person.

Since the dance is nearing its end, Elcesta is getting this last burst of invites to a dance. A gender invitation ratio of 23 males and 6 females. Whether those 6 females were actually them inviting Elcesta for a dance, or if they were being asked to and acting as a wingman for the actual guys, Adam won’t know because he can’t hear what they’re talking about in this distance.

There does seem to be girl and girl dancing, but it looks like they are just close friends.

Pft… Mother is clenching the arm rest again.

Adam had been noticing Serena’s glances on him, but he also kept seeing how Serena would also steal glances at Elcesta. At first, Adam just thought that his mother might be… “interested” because Elcesta was really just plain beautiful, has the same hair color and is somewhat related to Creed, which would be really tough for his father because not only would he need to watch out for other men, but also this woman too.

Well, looks like those slight worries were for naught since Elcesta = Creed. So, it’s actually just Serena clenching her throne and maybe glaring jealously.

How about you don’t ask your husband to cross dress in public, eh? Ever think of that?

This is the other person who hasn’t danced once. Serena’s sitting on the throne at the far center where it’s elevated by 3 steps of stairs. Maybe she’s just trying to copy how a king, or a prince would be in a banquet hall, but she’s mostly spending her time watching the dance unfold.

Why isn’t anyone inviting her? You know why.

In case you don’t know, there’s this person called “Creed” and is really well known around here. And no one wants to be on the receiving end of that, or even raise the possibility of being in a misunderstanding. You bet no one would ask Elcesta for a dance too if they knew that this person was Creed.

30th person, adding one more male to the list. Let’s goooo! Way to go succubus! Wait, this must be incubus, but he’s supposed to be acting as an actual girl… Succinc? Nah, that’s almost a different word entirely.

*Step*

Deep sound of step came at the far center.

*Step*

A good number of people took notice of that, some even stopped dancing just to look. Her black coat and high ponytail gently bobbed with each step.

*Step*

With a presence befitting of a monarch, a uniform that makes her look and feel like royalty, yet she walks in the same standing as the crowd. It’s the guest of honor and she finally left the throne. The golden epaulette on her shoulders shimmers beautifully as she moves, giving a great contrast to her black uniform as each step sound heavy and potent because of her boots.

Even with all that, there isn’t any heavy or unapproachable atmosphere surrounding her, but she instead exudes that of gracefulness.

The crowd near her can’t help but smile a bit. Actually, scratch that; the men are smiling a bit too much that their wives have varied different reactions about it such as giving them a light smack, glaring at them intensely, and some are just tired. Good thing Elcesta isn’t noticing it since she’s getting chattered down by two other ladies because of how she kept refusing invitations after invitations, that those two ladies actually find it amazing already.

Serena just continued walking, despite not actively telling the crowd to make way, they just did so without any hint of inconvenience on their part. Because of this, there isn’t a single instance or even a chance where she’ll have to bump into someone.

Looking at it from above, it’s like there’s a circular pushing field surrounding her that just automatically moves people to the side.

For the people there, it’s quite obvious to where she’s trying to go to. Since Serena was sitting on the throne and was very much in full display earlier. Anyone that even spared more than a second to look at her would notice how she’s intently looking at this one person, a new person they haven’t seen before, a person who was very beautiful and with just her presence, is able to shift heads toward her. A very remarkable trait, a trait Serena also possesses, but Elcesta’s is just on a different level.

To sum it up, it wasn’t only Adam who noticed how Serena would squirm at times whenever Elcesta would get asked for a dance.

The people who lost a bit of their confidence by being rejected by Elcesta are coping at the thought that she only rejected them because Serena practically got a reservation to dance with her first; seeing as how Serena brought her here herself, holding hand in hand. They really couldn’t handle taking that L from Elcesta.

But at the same time, they do want to see Elcesta dance at the center. But they don’t want any other men to be the first to do so. So, what about Serena? There seems to be a tacit understanding that she gets the whole free pass; in fact, Serena dancing with her will be the cherry on top. Who wouldn’t want to see two beauties dancing together? Their hearts are in a conflicting rally of being excited and somewhat filled with jealousy at the same time.

But who would even take the lead? They do know that Serena can dance the female part well, but she’s wearing men’s clothes now and she was never seen dancing the male’s part. What a conundrum, so, would Elcesta take the part of the male or perhaps Serena actually knows how to dance that part?

On the other side.

A lady wearing gold eyeliner with long smooth white-silver hair, red glossy lips, while wearing a blue dress with a long slit to the side revealing a very dark stocking, and wearing a white furred long-sleeved cardigan over it, is Elcesta.

She’s getting spoken to by the other ladies who have already finished dancing and are now resting and just socializing. Two of the same people she was talking to earlier.

“My, my, I’ve already lost count earlier, but the rejections are still piling up.” A lady in a red dress said.

“It’s only natural, she already said that she had a person in mind.” Another lady, but in yellow.

“That person you refused just now was Einel, he owns a small fabric factory, which is in partnership with other tailors in this village… hm, if I remember it’s in partnership with 3 tailors. He’s pretty well off while still young, what a shame.”

“Even if you do tell her that one of those 3 is Roswald who is very close to Creed’s family and is almost their personal tailor, I’m sure she still wouldn’t bother.”

“Right, my apologies Elcesta, I hope you get a chance to dance with them soon.”

“… Ah, no. It’s alright. I – am – waiting for the chance too.” Elcesta can only agree with them because there really isn’t any reason to add more background story or else, she’ll slip up even more.

I’m now realizing that most of the lady’s talk involves so much more… wasn’t Roswald the person where we usually tailor our clothes from? I somewhat remember him saying that he partnered with a new young owner of interesting woven fabrics. Is this what he was talking about?

As Elcesta kept the font of being just another lady, she now understands that the topic of interest can be very vast. It all started with personal questions, just like she expected, but what’s after that was surprising to say the least.

Thinking that it would just be some random boring dress-up talk, or jewelries, like how the weather is nice today or other mundane things, but the topics thay came after are real world news! Gossip types of news! Not just any gossip, but very accurate information of gossip! So, this is what ladies talk about? It’s as if they’re a walking collection of ongoing news! It must be tough for Serena to be always able to keep up with the news.

Come to think of it, I’ve forgotten how many people tried to invite me to a dance, but didn’t these two ladies always have a thing or two to say about them? As in every single one of them, they have spoken to reveal at least one viable piece of information. Hmm... Maybe I should go ask them as Creed to make an intel division with these ladies at the core, there might be more of them who’s similar.

“Hm hm… I see, but that person in question seems to be unable to participate in dances for now.” The lady in yellow added.

“Yes, it is quite a shame. It looks to be that they’re busy waiting around.” The lady in red nodded along.

“Eh... uh, yes???” Wait… do they already know which person is it?! Dangerous! If they can gather intel this fast, then me being “Creed” would be unraveled! It’s only a matter of time!

“Oh, looks like you won’t be able to reject this one, Elcesta.”

“?”

“Have fun dancing, Elcesta.”

The two of them seem to be looking at Elcesta, but their eyes are actually looking over her because of the person behind her.

*Thuk thuk*

The sound of boots that stopped behind Elcesta made her turn around. She saw a girl in black military uniform, pale blue colored hair in high ponytail, with marvelous round eyes, and brown colored irises who’s looking at her with dignity appeared before her.

Serena did a courtly bow and then extended an open palm toward Elcesta.

“Care for a dance?”

It’s not an exaggeration to say that most of the eyes are on both; Elcesta can feel her face getting warm. There are too many eyes drawn upon them that it almost feels she’s experiencing the same stares she got from yesterday morning, making her very conscious.

“Oh, Elcesta, so this is also one of your types huh.” The lady in red started to grin, almost as if she was proud of Elcesta.

“Seems so, she didn’t outright reject Serena the moment she got invited, well she won’t be able to refuse anyway, well maybe it’s more like she won’t refuse?” The lady in yellow said, as she stared at Elcesta’s red ear from behind.

Elcesta looked behind and narrowed her eyes on them because she heard those two, but it only fueled their smiles even more when they noticed how red her cheeks were, she didn’t look the least bit intimidating but appeared more so as cute.

“Huf…”

Elcesta heard a soft giggle in front of her which made her remember that there was still a suspended offer of a hand, which made her reply hastily.

“Y-ywes.”

Elcesta fumbled her words in doing so.

That made her lower head and turn it to the side to hide her face with her long hair.

Oh my, oh my, why are you so embarrassed? I don’t see a shred of my husband in front of me. (*ΦωΦ*) Serena thought.

Yes! yes! This is what it was all about! Seeing Creed embarrassed to the brim that you might even question if that’s really Creed or not is making this all worth it for Serena. The small problem is that Elcesta is too popular on her first debut, but seeing her this red in front of her makes Serena think that she can let that all slide.

“God daaaamn~ I don’t see Creed anywhere anymore.” A drunk Graham just said so in a loud voice while still drinking liquor.

“Creed? He’s here?”

“I don’t see him anywhere.”

“He was here? Where!?”

“Calm down everyone, Graham’s still drunk; we would’ve instantly notice Creed if he was here.”

“He might’ve said that because we haven’t seen Creed in a while.”

“That’s possible, but where has he been? Does anyone know?”

“Clearly, he has a justifying reason to not be here. No need to worry.”

Adam just witnessed how the crowd just naturally rationalized why Creed wasn’t here. This can be a testament to how much they trust Creed. Or maybe that

Some people are just really sensible. Adam nodded in astonishment.

But.

Your “Creed” is literally there! Blushing like a 12-year-old girl who got asked by their crush for a date! Gosh darn does it feel like it’s not father looking all red like that; If I didn’t know already, I would’ve been gushing over this moment too! Sometimes I wish I’m really just a naïve 2-year-old so that I can savor this moment….

You can still savor it though, but it won’t have the same impact as not knowing.

Maybe I can try to convince myself that Elcesta isn’t father? No harm in trying… Creed ≠ Elcesta, Elcesta is a genuine girl… there aren’t any traces of Creed on her… in fact I don’t see my father in her right now… father isn’t here, only Elcesta exist. I don’t have a father… who is Creed again?

You’re doing it a little too much.

Eh, as if I’ll just forget about it haha. It was worth a try.

While there were murmurs on the surrounding to where Creed could be. The person in question who’s hearing all of it got prompted to take Serena’s hand out of necessity to just end this quickly due to embarrassment.

She did so with a trembling hand that almost looked meek and weak that you really wouldn’t think it was Creed’s hand.

*Grab* Serena quickly took it before Elcesta’s hand landed. She then guided Elcesta to the center.

The two ladies who were seen to have been talking to Elcesta, gently waved at the two.

“W-wha! We don’t have to dance at the center!” Elcesta said in a low hushed tone.

“There isn’t really much of a difference whether we dance at the center or not.” Serena replied in a low voice too.

Since Serena hadn’t been dancing since earlier, most of the crowd just wanted to watch how this dance would unfold at the side. With Elcesta thrown into the mix, all the more reason to; why miss such a chance.

But there’s this ongoing assumption circling around that maybe Creed will arrive just about now to offer Serena a dance with a new stylish suit to compliment her uniform is how he’ll make his entrance. But where the hell is Creed for that matter? The dance is nearing its end, and he’s known to be the type that won’t miss such an occasion in the first place.

Well, they can’t really voice much of their displeasure about his absence since they’re just guests here. The only thing they can openly voice is something along the lines of where has their “chief” gone off to.

“Well, care to tell me the name of your two new friends? Hmhm~.” Serena asked in a teasing tone.

“They’re… Nancy and Vanerie.”

“No need to be nervous, they’re both kind people. I personally know them myself.”

I was a bit worried about the background check for the intel division, but since Serena said they're fine, then those two passed already. But in what manner do they manage to gather such information? How… hmm. Creed pondered.

The people around who were lightly dancing to the tune, have stopped entirely. It came in like a wave starting from the crowd near Elcesta and Serena who had stopped and looked first and the others who got curious as to why they stopped dancing also stopped to take a look, causing everyone around to practically stop.

Since no one is technically dancing anymore, the musicians quickly took notice of it and stopped playing the music too, making the whole banquet hall somewhat quiet aside from the small conversations.

Oh, is Elcesta and Mother about to dance? This might be a better material than the earlier dances. Adam intently observed the two who’s slowly walking towards the center.

They’ve finally arrived at the center.

“What are you thinking of? You look like you’re thinking of other matters despite being at the center.”

Elcesta looked composed with a blank expression on her face. To Serena, this almost feels like Creed is back on his normal antics.

“Huh?” Elcesta scanned with her eyes. The people around them has stopped dancing and is just watching.

Oh no! Even the music has stopped!

Elcesta started becoming lightly flushed and nervous again.

That’s better. Serena looked at her with a smile.

“…S-Something seems a bit off on our stance.”

The two of them are already in the proper position to start a dance which looks close and similar to a waltz. A hand outstretched whilst holding the partner’s, and the other placed on each other’s back which is close to the shoulder blade.

Except it was Elcesta’s hand who’s holding over Serena’s horizontal hand and the other is resting over at Serena’s shoulder, which one could evidently identify as the girl’s part.

“Nothing’s wrong of the sort, dear.”

“!”

Serena started the dance, she took another step closer despite being close to each other already.

At the same time, that signaled the musicians to precisely start the music. Thus the start of the tune.

*music*

“Whoa-”

Elcesta responded in return by following through and stepping back as to not hit each other.

Serena continued while Elcesta naturally followed along; creating a smooth basic dance for anyone to see.

“Serena’s actually taking the lead!”

“That should’ve been obvious if you paid attention to how they were holding each other at the start.”

“Serena actually knows how to dance the male’s part? That’s amazing.”

“She looks really confident about it too, and I can tell that there hasn’t been anything off about it.”

“Dude, your dancing sense is unreliable, but yes, I do agree that there hasn’t been anything off about it.”

“Are you insulting me or siding with me?!”

“A bit of both, I say.”

So far, there really hasn’t been anything off about Serena’s dancing and is actually doing quite well.

“I’m not that bad in taking the lead, aren’t I?” Serena asked Elcesta who she’s dancing with.

“When did you learn how to dance the male’s part?”

Since Elcesta- Ahem- Creed is quite familiar with how the male lead dances, he can easily foretell what to do so if he was the one on the receiving end of it. Even if this is the first time he managed to do the female’s part, with his countless experience of dancing in the past, he has a really good gist of it, add to the fact with his insane reflexes and mastery over his own body, going along is quite easy.

But with the way Serena leads me, I’m not making any effort to do much and my body just naturally responses on how she moves. She’s really good at this.

“Yesterday.” Serena happily responded.

“Yesterday!? Is that why you had to only be back at night?”

“Yes, I asked uncle to teleport me back to the kingdom which became my early birthday present. I had it learned back there and had him take me back. Oh he wasn’t so happy to be creating a prototype of teleportation on the fly while trying to make it safe. I think I got a small bruise which I completely healed the next instant.”

“…”

The two danced beautifully, but beautiful it may be, doing the same thing for an extended period of time will start to get stale.

Serena’s aware of this, and so is Elcesta. It’s just that Elcesta is in an awkward position to do anything else because it is still her first time on dancing like this, especially without practice and was actually expecting to dance the male’s part.

Serena prepared to change her movements, which was easily responded back by Elcesta, which in turn, managed to easily guide her into doing an underarm turn. Like a cog who responds by the movements of another.

Elcesta smoothly followed suit do due to Serena’s guidance, however…

Oh, she’s skillfully guiding me to..!

Serena then held her position and gently laid down Elcesta under her arm, doing a very bold dip which made some of the crowd gasp in excitement.

““!!!””

Time seems to be slow for Elcesta, the music got adjusted accordingly to this very move which made this even more embarrassing to be guided into. The musicians are too good for their own good.

“…”

She feels like she just lost a bit of her manliness, and that same manliness is continuously dipping down while being held in a position like this! She started to feel her cheeks get hot while noticing the people around her watch them with awe.

The movements to get there was flawless, and their current stance looks like a perfect sculpture. Seeing Serena’s dark uniform and Elcesta’s light dress freely compliment each other in such a way.

Serena then pulled Elcesta back to dance the basics while adding a variation of a cuddle to secretly talk to each other.

“How is it dear? Did you enjoy being on the receiving end of a dip?”

Elcesta lightly bit her red glossy lip in frustration and embarrassment.

That was too embarrassing. She might’ve composed herself earlier, but actually being led into doing those kind of moves feels way too different! With how Serena's eyes look like now, she’s clearly planning to do more complicated moves that would just fuel her embarrassment even further!

“Fufu, I’ve still got more in my sleeve.”

If it’s going to be like this then there’s only one way to respond. Just to at least mitigate more of the embarrassment.

Serena broke off from their current position, she guided Elcesta to be holding each other with one hand whilst facing each other.

This is… she’s going to make me spin now!

Serena then started to pull lightly to spin Elcesta.

I don’t want to get led anymore, so I’ll do this!

Instead of Elcesta being pulled to Serena, Elcesta countered it by crossing her legs backward to pull Serena in.

“!”

And with a bit more strength, Elcesta made Serena spin toward her, then smoothly adjusted her stance into the male’s then resumed back to the basics.

But now, it’s clearly Elcesta dancing the male’s and Serena is being lead on.

“…” Serena looked at Elcesta with a face that’s almost saying Really now?

Elcetsta only replied with a smirk.

The lead changed? Adam thought as he readjusted his hand. It even felt like his father was back for a split second and wasn’t girly in any other way. So in a way, Creed did manage to get back soon fulfilling his promise to Adam earlier.

“Whoa! Did you see that!? The lead changed!”

“Why should the lead change now? Serena was doing pretty well already.”

“She probably is still not that used to taking the male lead, so Elcesta went to take over?”

“Huh? Wouldn’t that mean Elcesta also knows how to dance the male lead?”

“Come on, all of you are forgetting that these kinds of occasion always have a different gimmick, this must be one of them. A different way to conduct a dance.”

“That must be it, the transition was so smooth, I wouldn’t call it a fault in this case.”

“Right, right. Let’s all just quietly enjoy how it goes.”

Adam has been diligently listening to the crowd while continuously analyzing the dance. As always, he is amazed by how sensible the people here are. He did get reminded that whenever there’s an occasion this big, there’s some kind of gimmick to it. Last year’s gimmick involved everyone to wear baggy clothes and it almost looked like a pirate convention??? And another year before that was everyone bringing a pot to try and cook a good stew out of the available ingredients.

I can see where they’re getting this gimmick at… but I think the actual gimmick this time around is – that.

The silver haired lady who is currently dancing at the center with the guest of honor.

Those two dances really well… and they just HAD to make their dance harder for me when it just started!

Adam continued familiarizing himself with the dance as he simultaneously controlled his hand in a freaky manner which is in synch with the dance. Of course, the hand movements are hidden beneath the table.

The two continued their dance, with Serena continuing the female’s part. Changing it now would look unnatural and awkward, and the only way to make any moves is when the male lead will attempt to do anything.

Their dance is somewhat getting faster, and Elcesta tried to do the shoulder spin to Serena.

I know this one, I can easily use a throwout for this.

When Serena got behind Elcesta, she nimbly positioned her hands to do a throwout, and with how Elcesta positioned herself, it basically looked as if Elcesta presented her back to her and be led again by her.

“…”

Elcesta followed accordingly just to not make a mess of the dance.

It is now back to Serena who is taking the lead as the male.

*smile*

(““it changed again!””)

Perhaps Elcesta is getting used to dancing, or she became focused on doing so, but her movements are very much in synch with her partner –and– music.

The two continued to dance with Serena on the lead. Serena started to adjust her movements again.

I see you want me to spin that badly. Elcesta thought as she kept getting lead. Then I’ll spin as much as I want!

Elcesta picked up the pace, she spun fast enough that she made an extra rotation which Serena had to keep up with which in turn left her hands open to be easily clasped by Elcesta.

It's back to Elcesta in taking the lead.

“…”

“…”

The two stared at each other’s eyes while they exchanged silence.

“………….”

Ho ho, oh it’s on.

It’s “on” on.

This isn’t just normal dancing anymore. This is more of an exchange on who gets to lead who the most.

Their dancing increased on speed and so did the music. More like the music is the one that’s almost trying to keep up. Their coat and dress easily flutters with each movement because of how quick and nimble their pace is now, while maintaining the continuous back and forth of who gets on top of who.

Counter upon counter that it’s almost a spar, but it’s too subtle for the crowd to even notice that they’re moving and foretelling three steps ahead with each move.

The one who can see farther than the other will be the one in a literal lead. But both of their movements are very precise and with careful consideration that they’re both neck to neck.

“Hehe~”

“Haha~”

These two don’t even care anymore! A surprising development, but a welcome one. This kind of dancing ignited their competitive spirit which resulted in them having way more fun than intended. The atmosphere between them is really joyous because of how they’re enjoying themselves with this “dance”.

A dance where one must perform pre-determined movements, akin to building a railroad while the train runs on it at the same time.

So much so that the crowd is starting to feel that there’s a deeper sentiment going on between them.

Their eyes which just looked at each other and none other; a clear describable case of forgetting everything aside for this moment.

A feeling of small worry raised inside the crowd. Their “chief” is nowhere to be seen while his wife is having such an intimate moment and with just their movements alone, you can tell their compatibility is really high. Whilst faintly hearing both of them giggle delightfully or maybe it’s their ears playing tricks on them.

However, they can’t take their eyes off the two. Their movements are fast, sublime, and elegant. The two only took notice of their own dance in delight, and that only further nourishes to be mesmerized.

Two beautiful women just happily dancing without a care in the world. This view might’ve even awakened some people to be welcomed into the religion of yuri.

Everyone around who isn’t wiser are literally getting charmed!

Dancing, why does one dance? Is it by nature that animals use it to call for a mate? Is it used to express one’s feelings? Did dancing start because there’s an interesting sound or that the sound was added to further enhance the dance? Even a toddler will start to dance if they hear a catchy music.

One thing about dancing can be said; a complete understanding of your own body to create movements.

You can also say that it is almost the same as learning a martial art. You do a motion in constant repetition with proper or perfect form until your body can effortlessly execute it. Even without being conscious or willing to do it. Once you’ve trained enough, it’ll all just be a matter of cues on when and what to respond with.

This is the case for Serena and Elcesta’s dancing. Their knowledge and mastery of how to dance is engraved on their bodies that it’ll only need a small cue to automatically adjust to it, making it look natural and flawless.

Almost the same trait of being a battle maniac, but in here they’re supposedly dancing instead.

I think I need extra joints for this dance. They’re really making it hard for me… Adam thought.

A few distance away where Ana is with her friends. Ana is gripping the tablecloth tightly with her hand, but no one’s noticing it because all eyes are on the two, just like hers.

This… this is an identical image to when we’re training! Grr… focusing on each other like that…!

Gain, who’s also a few meters away thought.

Hmm… they seem to be much more focused on each other than usual, if this was training, could we finally have landed a hit?

He took a glance at his older sister who’s clearly gripping the tablecloth and isn’t far away.

... hard to say.

And so, the two continued their dance in tow which the two siblings got reminded of their time in training.

.

.

.

The two finally concluded their dance, in addition to the music.

They stopped in a very neutral position. Facing each other, hand in hand with fingers interlocked and at the same height, which is just below their waist.

“Haa…ha.”

“Hee.. fu…”

The two breathed in unison, their bodies slowly heaved with each breath. Not because they’re tired due to dancing, but because of the mental exercise their “dance” entailed.

The musicians are also a bit tired; you can tell that they’re panting too and is taking a short breather after all those work of trying catch up to Elcesta and Serena’s movements in harmony.

Adam wonders if it’s some kind of [Skill] to be able to adjust on the spot or if the musicians really just have good music sense and talent to keep up.

That isn’t the only thing that’s tired, Adam’s hand is too, trembling and almost numb. Hiding it under the table and is probably sweaty now too.

I will have to cut some parts of it and make it slower… but for now, let’s take a break. *sigh*

*clap*

*clap clap*

*Thunderous applause*

That’s the response the crowd can express after such a beautiful sight. It’s like they have been graced to be able to watch such a spectacular performance for free.

This resulted in the two finally coming back to their senses and being aware that they’re actually in public. As such Elcesta tried to reach at the back of her head, only to realize that she had long hair again and was wearing women’s clothes.

“Beautiful!” *clap clap clap*

“Bravo! Bavo!” *clap clap clap*

“Man, I want to try that!”

*clap clap* The musicians started giving a light applause too. They’re happy to be part of it.

“Oh, no you don’t. Stay here for a bit then just smile and wave.” Serena pulled back Elcesta by the wrist who started to run away.

“Hng…”

So who won their little match? Well, they stopped keeping count after the 5th reversal and onwards. Adam knows about it if you ask him nicely, but he isn’t even aware that there was a match.

“Which reminds me, why did you go to the women’s bathroom? Did you wanted to take a peek, hmm?”

Serena asked in a whisper while still waving around.

“What!? I would never!”

“Then you just got overly in character that it became okay to go in then~.”

“No… it’s Adam, he got dragged in by a friend of his. I just took him back.”

“I suppose he could pass as a girl.”

“…” Elcesta just looked at Serena with eyes filled with protest. But that seems to be not doing or affecting anything out of Serena.

So, she just tried to elaborate why she went to fetch Adam.

“I felt [Hero’s Blood] on his direction.”

“!”

Serena quickly looked around to search for Adam, then she locked her eyes on him.

Adam took notice of his mother’s gaze, her eyes looked sharp and steady.

Whoa, scary! Did worry turn into hate!? Darn it, I need to give the gift asap!

 

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Name: Adam*
[c]Strength: 7
[c]Agility: 7
[c]Intelligence: 35
[c]Endurance: 6
[c]Luck: 15
[c]Stamina: 16
[c]Mana: 6
[c]Wisdom: 80
[c]Charisma: 121

Skill(s): None
Magic(s): None
Unique(s): None
Passive(s): None
Trait(s): None

Equipped Items: Tunic (Ana), Shorts, Sandals, underwear

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

 

“I didn’t find anything either. But Ana and Gain was also on his direction, it may just be them losing a bit of control this time.”

“Hmph! you got my hopes up.” Serena puffed her cheeks and closed her eyes. “Now you’ll have to go and dance with someone.”

“!.. No.”

“It's fine, I'm giving you permission to dance with someone, once.”

“Thank you, but I won’t be using it.”

“Hm? You might want to take my offer though?”

“…What makes you think that?”

“‘Creed’ is nowhere to be seen and a new ‘girl’ named Elcesta appeared, who didn’t want to dance with any other person except me.”

“…” Elcesta is listening but isn’t entirely connecting as to why she’d want to dance with someone.

“Oh dear, it’ll only be a matter of time before they figured out who Elcesta really is. Nancy and Vanerie, wasn’t it? As I've said before, I personally know them. I know them well in fact. They’re two of the people whose quick to notice things. I’m sure you’ve felt that they already learned something about you on every exchange.”

“Tsk...” She got reminded as to how they’re already talking about something pertaining to her that she herself don’t quite get it yet.

“Good luck, ‘Elcesta’ fufu…” Serena gave Elcesta a big hug and kissed her on the cheek.

“!”

That startled her a bit. But displaying such affection on public would really raise a lot of people’s eyebrows on who Elcesta really is.

Because, Serena, for sure doesn’t randomly kiss people. Serena then left, and went back on her way to her throne.

You set me up!

If maybe Serena didn’t kiss her, then she could’ve easily played it off. But what’s done is done. That kiss was in full display for anyone to see.

The people who noticed that kiss are really giving that piercing stares on Elcesta. Some who didn’t notice the kiss are still too excited from watching their performance that they had the urge to try dancing again themselves. Even if they thought that they wouldn’t dance anymore started moving to prepare for the music’s re-entry. Some started dancing after the fact, even without the music.

There are still ample time for one last dance, which ignited their passion to do it one last time.

The music has resumed. However that doesn’t stop the select few who’re still looking at her with eyes trying to ascertain her identity.

“A kiss from Serena…?”

“Who is she exactly? I’m starting to feel somewhat guilty that our chief isn’t here.”

“I can’t keep quiet about this.”

“She has to be someone important, to be kissed like that…”

“Serena rarely dance with someone, but whenever she does, Creed is always the first candidate. But he isn’t here this time.”

“Creed doesn’t dance with anyone other than Serena, right?”

“Now that you’ve mentioned it…”

“He shouldn’t be missing in the first place.”

“Wasn’t there some news yesterday that Creed had long hair?”

“Did he?”

“I asked for more elaboration, but the people seemed drunk themselves, it’s really hard to believe if it was true. And some just kept quiet.”

“So we’re all just going to ignore the white-silver colored hair?”

“““White-silver…”””

It’s almost like some sort of skit with how they all simultaneously glanced at Elcesta.

Dangerous. Dangerous!

Oh my god, I must- NEED to invite someone!

Who else knows that Creed had long hair? The servants do, an amount of hunters, the receptionist, and a few witnesses from when he was walking on public. But it would still be hard for them to really ascertain and link that Elcesta = Creed. The make up artist who personally did Creed’s make-up is also having a hard time linking after the fact like there’s some sort of automatic cognitive inhibition at work.

Still, Elcesta quickly scanned around to see if there’s any good- nay, anyone that could easily fill as a stand in for her dance just to not get linked into a conclusion of Elcesta = Creed.

Even if there’s some kind of cognitive inhibition, it’ll stop working if there’s evidence upon evidences that could link the two together. Or if the person itself announces it all gung ho. And you can’t take such a suspicion back once it’s established.

“…”

“!”

Then she finally saw someone. She stared directly at that person; locked on like a hawk. She then moved toward them at once, just so she could leave the center stage quickly.

Um… father? Why are you staring intently while striding toward here?

Adam got a bit confused, because if it’s about hiding your identity, then you shouldn’t be that close to people who look somewhat similar to you. Or else you’ll stick out even more.

She went past Adam, which Adam had to turn around and look.

“Please… dance with me.” Elcesta Presented the back of her hand to this person with a slight redness to her face.

No way this is happening, is it?! Adam thought.

Huh...? Why? Ana had a blank expression on her face.

Oh, this is gold! Gain smiled.

Serena seems to be holding her mouth and stomach while sitting on her throne. Pfft fufuhahaha! Oh dear! You managed to choose the most “Correct” answer. Now for sure they won’t be able to link you for a while!

“M-me???”

Jake looked around and even behind him, then pointed a finger on himself.

Just accept it! *Glares*

“B-but I’m currently guarding the young master…”

“…” Elcesta just tilted her head with her eyes still locked on Jake while maintaining her suspended hand. You can tell the color in her eyes fading.

It’s already awkward and embarrassing as is to actually invite someone, but wouldn’t it be even more pathetic if Elcesta was literally rejected here and now? Especially after the act of rejecting so many other escorts earlier?

Elcesta may be dying inside as this goes on while Jake is looking like a nervous tomato. However, there’s one common thought surrounding the crowd and servants who’re witnessing it.

WHY ISN’T IT ME?!

Everyone is literally scorning this lone butler to oblivion.

You’re literally going to reject her???

This Jake guy has been very lucky ever since!

I’m going to beat this guy up.

Die! Die! Die! Die!

This lucky… Bastard!

I will kill this guy!

The world is dark, I don’t have a chance to get a girl at this rate.

This motherf*cker doesn’t deserve this!

I’m way better than this dude!

And so on.

Hey, at least Elcesta really did manage to divert the topic.

“I-I…”

Elcesta’s eyes turned murderous due to how indecisive Jake can be. It might even be getting hotter around her.

“!!!”

*Grab*

Jake quickly held Elcesta’s hand out of pure fear.

The moment he touched her hand, everything went back to normal; Elcesta just smiled upon him.

Ah, so pretty… Jake thought.

*Grip grip*

“Ow, ow ow! Ng!- haaa.. haaa…”

He got a grip of a lifetime’s worth that it almost crushed all the bones in his hand into dust, and then got pulled to dance. More like Elcesta dragged Jake to where the dances are being held at.

“Oh, I thought she was shy, but it looks like if push comes to shove she’ll be very bold.” Vanerie, the lady in red dress said.

She cheered for Elcesta at the side.

“She actually forced her way to get the person she wanted~ how nice!” Nancy, the lady in yellow said.

She’s also soundlessly clapping to such a development.

And so, the final portion of the dance ended in a huge lively freestyle of a mess where people tried to imitate what Serena and Elcesta did. Men to women, Men to men, and women to women, just to try dancing each other’s part as they moved.

Jake was a very inexperienced dancer, as in, he literally doesn’t know how to; he made a fool of himself with Elcesta. But at least that lessened the people’s animosity towards him for a bit because of how much he embarrassed himself. Everything is wrapping out so nicely.

Wrong!

Elcesta actually acted like a patient, gentle, and caring instructor(seen as wife) who taught Jake on the go, which fueled their hate on him even further. It’s a surprise he hasn’t been jumped yet.

.

.

.

.

.

And so, it’s finally the gift giving part.

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 17 end. ~~~Watching a dance in another world~~~

 

 

 

Hello! Late merry christmas and an Advance happy new year! I’m still alive and well. Just been really busy! Like damn! If I knew I was going to be this busy, I wouldn’t have started to write this early. I’ll be this busy until February. Anyway, while trying to learn references for dance. I kept watching youtube videos until my feed started recommending me dance videos too! Dancing is actually pretty hard, and I tried to write it as simple as possible. So yeah, next chapter will proably end this arc… hopefully. I’m gonna have to see a ton of references again. Take care! - December 30, 2023


 

Extra:

Elcesta got too focused on teaching Jake how to dance that she just lost her embarrassment in doing so. Also, the animosities are all being directed at Jake who himself, isn’t noticing it.

Glossary:

L - is “Loss”, usually used with “W” which is a “Win”. You can even show an L with your hands using you thumb and index finger by straightening them out. You probably already know this…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9