Chapter 1: Crossing into the Dark
8.9k 30 239
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---

"Things always get worse before they get better"

― Alfred Pennyworth, [Batman Trilogy]

---

"Oh motherfcker it hurts. God, somebody just fcking shoot me and get this fcking pain over with." A young boy of about eight or ten years old suddenly began screaming in pain after he woke up in what seemed like a very luxurious hospital bed.

The boy was confused, he wasn't feeling any sort of pain before he went to sleep but just after he woke up, he felt like he was in hell. His body was weak and tired but his stomach especially hurt a lot like somebody had made a freaking hole in it.

But within just a few seconds of him yelling toxic words which were not at all appropriate for a young boy like him, a team of doctors suddenly rushed into the room with serious faces looking like their lives and careers were on the line.

"Mister Wayne, are you alright? Please calm down, we will help you relieve your pain. Susan, give me a Midazolam injection, a 2 mg dose. We cannot have him displaying high levels of anxiety just after the huge surgery he went through. He might even go into seizure at this rate." The doctor who seemed to be the leader of the team spoke in an urgent tone.

"What do you mean by Wayne you fcker? I am Alex Vincent. And what do you mean, surgery? Did you guys cut out and steal my kidney or something? God, I'll fcking sue you all..." the kid continued to yell in his foul language till someone injected a syringe into his hand at which he felt like his nerves became calmer and his spiking heart rate seemed to drop to normal.

The 'kid' still tried to free himself from the 'evil' doctors who had most probably kidnapped him in his mind but he was quickly losing his consciousness.

All he heard before he again passed out into the darkness was the doctor saying something like "Give him some pain meds. Lets make sure the kid is alright after he wakes up again. I really like my current job. If the prince of Gotham dies under our watch, we will never be be able to treat another single patient ever again."

'Gotham? Wayne? Are these psycho doctors some DC fans or something? Did they kidnap me because I posted on my blog that Batman only wins due to plot armor because if that's the case then I still stand by my point.' That was the last thought before he completely lost his consciousness once again.

All he hoped that by the time he wakes up again, he would be in a much better and safer place like his soft bed and not some hospital bed surrounded by psycho doctors.

It was about a few hours later that he again began to form some coherent thoughts in his mind. He wasn't feeling pain this time, atleast not as much as he was feeling the first time he woke up. But this time he could hear the sound of someone silently weeping.

As the 'young kid' weakly opened his eyes, he saw a good looking adult man with silver white hair dressed in a butler uniform sitting beside his bed, hiding his own face with his left hand as silent tears seemed to roll down his cheeks.

"Wh-what" The boy couldn't speak well due to his throat being parched and dehydrated from his previous shouting and not drinking water for a long time.

"Mas-Master Bruce, you are awake again. I am sorry I was not here the first time you woke up. It seems I have been repeatedly failing in my duty recently." The man straightened up immediately and spoke up in an English accent after he heard the boy and quickly hid away his previous trail of tears on his face like they were never there.

"What" The young boy who was presumably named Bruce spoke up in his same dry voice in a questioning tone.

"Oh, here's some water." The butler immediately brought a glass of water after filling it up from a nearby jug in the room and offered it to Bruce.

"I know this is a difficult time for you master Bruce, both physically and mentally. But, I just want you to know that I am there for you and I'll make sure that you never get hurt, ever again." The butler said in a determined voice.

But Bruce at this time wasn't at all listening to the man. He wasn't in a state to calmly listen to him because while drinking water and preparing himself for another new session of severe cursing at the butler, he had finally noticed his own reflection on the screen of the tv in front of him.

What looked back at him through the reflection wasn't at all the ordinary teenager he was expecting but the appearance of a barely ten year old young boy with black hair and blue eyes.

Although he wanted to curse a lot and maybe even beat someone at this point but he was just too goddamn tired and in too much of a shock. He was trying to figure out how the fck did he become a child again. And not only did he become a child but he transformed into a child that he had never seen before, lying in a hospital with a butler at his side.

He remembered that his first name was Bruce as he was called by the English butler and that his last name was supposed to be Wayne... His name was Bruce Wayne, he was in a hospital in a city named Gotham, he was addressed as master by an English butler and according to the doctors he was supposed to be rich... Fck.

"Alfred?" Bruce called his butler trying to test out his theory praying in his mind that he was wrong.

But sadly for him he wasn't, "Yes Mater Bruce. Do you need something? Can I get you another glass of water?" Alfred, the butler spoke up in a concerned tone.

'Shit. I am Bruce Wayne and I am in the fcking DC world.' Bruce thought as he felt like puking after remembering the thousands of horror that he might have to suffer as the 'Prince of Gotham'.

'The Pengiun, Joker, Riddler, a lot of crazy criminal ladies, 'my' evil variants, interdimensional entities, a possibly fcked up Kryptonian with an obsession with justice, demons, evil gods and so much more were just waiting out there to fck me up.' Bruce gulped.

Oh how he wished he could go to any other world besides DC. Even Marvel although with a similar power structure and cosmology was better to live in than the absolute fckery of a world that DC was.

'And I had to transmigate into Bruce Wayne's body, didn't I. Now I can't even hide or run away or something since there are atleast a dozen factions and criminal organizations who either have a personal vendetta with the Wayne family or the Wayne Corporation or just want to get their hands on my sweet innocent self to free some interdimensional demonic god by sacrificing me.' Bruce sadly thought as he slowly lost his hope.

"Master Bruce, I am sorry to do this to you right now but the police are here. They wanna ask some questions about your parents'... deaths. Should I tell them to come back later?" Alfred asked Bruce in a caring voice after a nurse entered the room and whispered something into the butler's ears.

"Yeah, that would be the best. Right now, I don't even remember everything that happened. Its all a mess. I don't think I can tell the police anything in this condition. Maybe ask them to visit me after we go back home." Bruce tried to bullsh*t his way out of giving a statement to the police.

"Don't worry master Bruce, I'll take care of it. You just take some rest and focus on getting better." Alfred said in a sympathetic voice as he left to meet up with the cops outside, not at all suspecting Bruce's lack of sadness in his voice. He just attributed it all to shock of his parents' deaths.

'Shit I need to figure out something quick. As much as I remember, the death of the Wayne couple was supposed to be orchestrated by the Court of Owls, a secret society that not only controlled the entirety of Gotham but even had influence and perhaps even control of his own company, Wayne International.' Bruce thought to himself as he tried to figure out a way to save himself from the terrible future that awaited him if he couldn't master the same skills and abilities that the original Bruce Wayne mastered.

He was particularly sad at the point that he didn't even feel a little bit smarter or stronger after his transmigation. He wished he had atleast gotten Bruce Wayne's iq but he was having trouble to even remember stuff that he had read in the comics in his previous life accurately, so he knew that he didn't have anything even remotely resembling Bruce Wayne's supposedly genius intellect.

'How am I going to survive in this world? Presence, Lucifer or whatever Rob who had transmigated me or whoever the fck is listening, please at least give a fcking cheat for me to survive.' He prayed to anyone who was listening desperately.

---

Also, you can support me or read ahead in advance on my pat reon page,

pátreon.com/God_Doom

(replace the á with a)

239