Chapter 83 – Kelly
1.1k 5 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nahida waited in front of the door for his new receptionist to arrive. Only a few seconds passed, and the bell rang. The new receptionist had just arrived.

"Shelly?" Nahida was surprised by the appearance of the receptionist. Her appearance was identical to Shelly's. It was a little frightening because of Nahida's memories.

He had seen Shelly "die," so it was bizarre.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Kelly, and I'm the new employee you've hired." The woman smiled. Her blonde hair was being blown by the wind coming from outside. Nahida finally noticed...

He hadn't noticed when he hired the other staff, but the outside was his world. Yes, it was Japan. He could see the convenience store.

All these employees were coming from Japan.

But is this a copy of Japan? Or is it really his world?

'If it is the Japan I was born in, it's impossible for robots like these to exist...'

"Nahida?" Nazuna realized that Nahida was nervous, so he spoke to him.

"Ah, welcome. It's a pleasure to have you here." Nahida held out his hand, and Kelly took it. They shook hands, and Kelly put a smile on her face. Despite their similar appearance to Shelly, they were different.

Kelly seemed much more serious and committed to the job.

"So, about your job. I've hired you to be the new receptionist."

"Nahida?!" Hearing Nahida, Nazuna shouted. "Are you thinking of firing me?!"

"No, that's not it. I hired her because she can receive the products I buy and open the door to my world. You can't, can you?"

"Urgh..."

"I wanted someone to receive my products since I won't always be here."

"I see... But what am I going to do?"

"There's no one cleaning apart from Rias when she comes during lunch and dinner. You could do that."

"Really? I don't like it at all."

"Or you could just serve the customers during lunch and dinner. You'll be resting for most of the day."

"That's no good! I want to stay in reception and welcome new customers!"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes! I got used to this job." Nazuna's eyes were filled with tears.

"Kelly, what do you think about letting Nazuna continue working at reception? You can do whatever you want during the day. The only thing you need to do is receive the products that arrive."

"That's fine with me. If it's my boss who's asking me to do this, I can't refuse." Kelly readily agreed.

"That's great. Everything's fine now, isn't it? You can carry on working at reception."

"Thanks, Nahida." Nazuna looked relieved.

Nazuna sat in the reception chair, and Kelly walked over to Joulan's side and stood there silently beside him. Nahida watched Joulan's reaction and laughed; he seemed pretty nervous.

'He seems to have fallen in love with her at first sight.' Nahida noticed that the Orc's cheeks were flushed.

'But I'm sorry, Joulan, she's just a robot. I don't think she'll be interested in you. Besides, a relationship between the two of you would make me quite... I'd better not think about it.'

Nahida then waited for his products to arrive to test Kelly's abilities.

####

Two hours passed, and the products finally arrived; it was already mid-afternoon. Rias hadn't even gone to work that day, so Kelly had to help serve the lunch.

When lunch was over, that's when the products arrived.

Lunch had been later than usual.

But now it was time to test the most crucial thing. Kelly opened the hotel's front door, and there were the delivery men when she did.

They were two men wearing an utterly blue uniform. Right behind them was a truck full of products for delivery.

"Good afternoon. Is this where Mr. Yamato lives?" The man asked as he looked at a piece of paper containing all the delivery details.

"Yes, this is it," Kelly replied with a smile.

"Could you please sign here?" The man handed Kelly the papers and a pen. She signed her name "Kelly" and returned the paper to the man. After that, the delivery began.

The men carried several boxes inside.

The two men were startled when they saw Joulan but soon calmed down.

With the help of Nahida and Nazuna, the boxes were stacked in a good place so as not to get in the way of the customers. But it was still a mess. As soon as they had finished the delivery, the men left.

Back in the truck, the men looked at each other.

"What was that? Those people are so strange." One of the men said.

"What about that man wearing that giant Orc costume? He looks like an Orc I saw in an anime once. Honestly, I never want to deliver anything to this place again."

"Even if the women are so beautiful?"

"I need to think about that..."

"HAHAHA!" The two men laughed together as the truck drove to its next destination. The man in the passenger seat took his cell phone out of his pocket and looked at the photos he had taken.

The photos included Kelly, Nazuna, Nahida, Joulan, and Lucky.

The man then opened his Twitter account and made a post in which he talked about his strange experience with Nahida's hotel since the appearance of the people inside was so weird.

Although his account had few followers, his post started getting many likes.

 

Naruto arc on Patreon!

You can read 15+ extra chapters on my Patreon!

Link: patreon.com/parodygirl

19