Chapter 82 – Success. Upgrades and new items for the games room.
659 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nahida went back to the hotel to rest. While resting, he kept looking at his cell phone the whole time.

"What?"

"I'm a bit anxious."

It was evening. Nahida was sitting at one of the tables with a plate of food in front of him, but he didn't touch the food. Nazuna approached him, noticing that there was something wrong with him.

"With what? Because of your father?"

"Yes... I haven't received any messages from my mother since this morning. I'm worried that something might have happened."

"Have you tried talking to her?"

"I've sent her a few messages, but she hasn't replied yet."

"..." Nazuna sat down facing Nahida and then held his hands. "I'm sure everything will be fine. You should eat and then go to sleep. I'm sure you'll have news tomorrow."

"... I'll do that." Nahida smiled at Nazuna and began to eat his food, which was already cold.

After eating, he went to his room and took another shower. He lay on his bed and sent one last message to his mother before closing his eyes to try to sleep.

Unfortunately, he hardly got any sleep during the night. When Nahida got up, he felt tired and was very sleepy. But his tiredness disappeared when he saw the notifications on his cell phone.

[The surgery was a success!]

When Nahida read that message, his heart stopped for a moment. Then his body fell onto the bed, and he sighed. "Hahahahaha! It all worked out!" Nahida began to laugh desperately.

All the worry and anxiety had disappeared entirely.

####

Nahida was feeling much better by lunchtime. He wanted to go and visit his father, but his mother said that they weren't allowed to visit at the moment as he was unconscious.

He wouldn't be able to visit his father for another four days.

But now that his father was out of danger and feeling well, he didn't mind having to wait a few days to be able to see him. What mattered was that he was all right. That was all that mattered.

"I'm glad everything worked out! I told you it would all work out!" Nazuna said to Nahida.

Nahida, Nazuna, and Rias were serving the customers.

"I almost couldn't sleep last night because of this. I feel much better." Nahida said.

"I'm sad that you didn't tell me about your father. I only found out about it after Nazuna told me."

"I'm sorry." Nahida placed a plate on one of the tables. The three of them continued to talk loudly as they served the customers so everyone could hear the conversation. Some of the customers were annoyed.

But Nahida didn't care.

When they had finished serving the customers, Nahida had lunch with the two of them, and Rias said goodbye. 

"Now that it's just the two of us here, how about we go to the bedroom?" Then, Nazuna made a surprising proposal.

"..." Nahida stared at her for a few seconds and sighed. "I'm sorry, but we can't do this right now. How about during the night? I'm waiting for some things to arrive, and they could be here any minute."

"Ah..." Nazuna looked away, embarrassed. She finally realized how embarrassing what she had said had been. But she soon pulled herself together. "It's all right... This night, right?" Nazuna stood up and walked to the reception.

Nahida started laughing when he realized how restless she was.

"All right, let's open up the system and give it a few upgrades while I wait for the items I bought to arrive."

Nahida had paid a hefty delivery fee for the products to be delivered quickly.

####

Nahida made some essential upgrades. He upgraded most of the beds for a second time and also upgraded the hotel water once again. He didn't notice the changes in the taste of the water, but it certainly had an effect as guest satisfaction suddenly increased.

But beyond those things, he couldn't give any more upgrades. The price had risen too much. To enlarge the reception and the "dining room" will cost almost 1000 points each.

"But... Why haven't I released the next floor yet?" He already had all twenty rooms and had already made the basic upgrades to all of them.

'Maybe it's because I have yet to upgrade all the beds a second time? Maybe when I give the second upgrade in all the beds... Ok, I have to save a few more points.'

Nahida closed the system and left his room. Time passed slowly, and the things he had bought still hadn't arrived.

"And I can't leave since no one can answer the door for me... Wait, maybe if I hire an employee to take care of it..."

Nahida opened his system once more as he walked to reception. He looked at the employees available to hire. He could hire cooks, receptionists, or maids to take care of the cleaning.

He could even hire people to serve the food.

"I didn't want to use the system for that. I wanted to hire characters to work here like I did with Rias and Shirou..."

"Hm?"

"It's nothing. I'm thinking of hiring more people to work here."

"Finally! Just the three of us aren't enough to serve all the customers." Nazuna said excitedly. 

"But I'm still thinking about it... Hmmm..." Nahida continued to stare at the screen of his system.

"What?"

"All right, I'll test it out. I'll tell Yuki in advance in case it doesn't work."

Nahida then hired a receptionist. As he did so, he began to remember Shelly.

 

Naruto arc on Patreon!

You can read 15+ extra chapters on my Patreon!

Link: patreon.com/parodygirl

14