Chapter 75 – A big profit.
338 5 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nahida stayed in the room with the body and waited for long minutes. So, Rimuru finally arrived and picked up the man's body. "I didn't think you'd kill him. I thought you were going to interrogate him."

"I didn't want to kill him, but he attacked me."

"But did you at least find out anything before he died? And what the hell happened in this room? Was it all him?"

"Yes, he used fire magic and burned everything. Some things have regenerated, but it will take a while to regenerate everything, especially the bed."

"That's right, it's regenerating. That's incredible." Rimuru looked at the walls, the cupboard, and the bed that was regenerating. However, he realized that not everything was regenerating. Nahida's clothes were destroyed.

Not just his clothes but his sneakers, too.

"I'll have to buy new clothes..." Nahida smiled bitterly. "But let's get back to the important matter. I found out why he was watching me... It was because of the church. The church sent him here."

"Oh... I'm so surprised." Rimuru shrugged. "But I wonder how they found out about you."

"A merchant. He was one of the church members and warned the church about my hotel and what I gave you."

"I see. I'm curious if he's still around. We could look for him."

"He's probably disappeared."

"But what do you want to do now? Do you want to go after the church yourself? Because I'm not going to."

"Forget about it for now. I'll continue my training and keep trying to learn magic. When the time is right, we'll deal with it. I hope they don't send that girl here."

"Girl?"

"You'll meet her..."

Rimuru didn't know Hinata yet, but Nahida felt they would get to meet each other soon.

"Now that I have nothing else to do here, I will return home and keep playing. When you open the market, call me. I'll spend a few days in the 'game room.'"

"Shouldn't you be looking after Tempest? You shouldn't be so distracted."

"Don't worry, my subordinates are quite competent." Rimuru nodded and left Nahida's room. 

Nahida looked around and sighed. He gathered all the burnt clothes and sneakers and put them in a bag to throw away. After he had finished, he took a cold shower to cool his head.

Nahida continued to think about the man he had just killed. He was scared. He was afraid because he didn't feel anything when he killed that man. It was as if that person's life didn't matter to him.

'But it doesn't matter... They're my enemies. I'm sure they'll try to finish me off just because of my hotel. The church is like that. It can't be trusted.'

####

The next day, the supermarket was finally going to open. Nahida delayed a few days, but it wasn't enough to make the excitement of the residents of Tempest disappear.

Everyone was very excited about the new items they could buy. Rimuru's subordinates had done a lot of marketing, so there was no way the monsters couldn't be excited.

Nahida arrived at the supermarket a little after lunchtime to prepare everything. The hired staff were already there.

One to work at the cash desk, two to help the customers, and two to restock all the items on the shelves. Nahida had placed all the employees next to each other and explained how everything would work.

They had already been taught before, but Nahida explained it again because he feared anything going wrong.

"Right, there aren't many people out, but many people will be arriving. You've already learned how to treat customers and about supermarket sections, right?"

"Yes!" Everyone answered at the same time.

"Good." Nahida smiled, and the goblins before him looked proud of themselves. "All right, don't forget the free samples. They can try the cheeses, drinks, and even the snacks."

"Yes!"

As soon as everything was ready, Nahida went to the front door and prepared to open it. There were large windows, so he could already see some people outside. He was very nervous.

'All right. IT'S OPEN!'

Nahida opened the door. When the door opened, a commotion broke out. 

"The supermarket from another world is officially open! The staff inside will explain about the products we sell here. Enjoy!"

Nahida shouted to the people. Everyone started applauding and then entered the store.

Nahida went outside. When he came out and looked at his supermarket, he noticed how crowded it was. Most of the customers were monsters, but there were also a few humans.

'That's good.'

Everyone was being very polite. They listened to the staff's explanations and bought large quantities whenever they tasted something.

Whenever they finished paying, everyone left quickly to avoid taking up space and let new people enter the market.

"Wow, there are more people than I expected."

"The marketing that Rimuru-sama did was great." Nazuna said to Nahida.

"I must thank him again for that. Should we go back now?"

"I thought you were going to have an opening party."

"I gave up on that. My clothes have all been burnt. I can't spend money throwing a party."

"Then let's go back; Rias must be ready to go home. No one is left to receive the clients at the hotel. Joulan's no good at that."

"True." Nahida smiled bitterly.

So Nahida and Nazuna returned to the hotel while Nahida's market was getting more and more customers.

The first day's profit was frighteningly high. Nahida made just one day what he hadn't made in years of running the hotel.

 

Bulma +18 arc is already on patreon 

You can read 5 extra chapters for 5$ or 15 extra chapters for 10$ here: patreon.com/parodygirl

Your support would be of great help! (really)

my discord: https://discord.gg/6AdcuD9a9Q

 

 

21