6-10 Gaining power
597 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

6: Defenses

So, after careful examination of what exactly I can do, I decided to summon more slimes and fairies. I placed the slimes outside the cave as a kind of perimeter guard, with fairies behind them. All set to only retaliate against attackers. If any of the slimes are attacked, all of them can and will fight back. However, if no attacks against them are made, they’ll let intruders travel in peace. The fairies should not be attacked since they are invisible, but they’ll help drive away anyone who attacks the slimes.

As an extra defense, I made use of the illusion construction options fairies have, to build an illusory wall blocking the cave entrance, so it looks like there’s no cave. It did cost points, but not enough to worry me right now. I still have more than half of what I made from selling herbs.

While I was doing this, the woman hiding in the corner had somehow fallen asleep. I guess it’s a good thing since it means she won’t see what I’m doing. So, I summoned more slimes to speed up construction of the new room, and started looking at other slime construction options.

When examining the full extent of what I could do with slimes and fairies, I realized that each minion type has its own construction list. Fairies mostly get illusions. Slimes though, have a weird mix of things. They can dig and make things out of stone. They can also turn dirt into stone, or stone into dirt. Additionally, they can make water, and with extra points spent, they can make water fountains. Apparently the water is because they need water, so having them be capable of building the things they need for their own maintenance makes sense, even if it does cost me points to make use of.

Now the weird thing is that slimes can make things out of slimes. For instance, I can make a waste disposal unit, out of slimes. Just need ten slimes, and they will fuse into a single cube of slime that will destroy things put in it. Useful for getting rid of excess water created by water fountains. I decided to create a small pond outside for my guard slimes to more easily refill on water when needed.

Oh, and apparently I unlocked a slime spawner. It doesn’t just make an unlimited number of slimes unfortunately, however, it’s good for defenses like my front line. It’s more like a slime respawner. I assign slimes to it, and if they die, they respawn from the slime spawner. I can set it up to have them return to their posts on death with the same orders. Each spawner can only have up to 10 slimes assigned, but that’s not an issue since I only have five slimes outside. The thing looks like a stone platform with weird designs on it. I guess it’s a magic circle or something? I had the slimes install it near the entrance, and hid it behind an illusory wall.

7: Amenities

With defense taken care of for now (I admit it’s not enough to stop a serious invasion force, but I don’t expect anyone to even know I’m here yet), I turned some attention to the amenities I’d been wanting to make. 

A Slime bed. No, not a slimy bed, but a bed made from slimes. Supposedly soft. It’s in the decorations list I can have slimes make. So are the stone table and stone chairs, and shelves I can put on the wall. I’m not able to build proper doors yet though. Too bad I can’t make use of this room myself. I miss being able to sleep, though I don’t miss getting tired. I just enjoyed my dreams in my past life, and that slime bed looks like a water bed.

“What’s this? This room wasn’t here before. Did that slime make it? I wasn’t sleeping that long, was I?”

Nah, it’s not even been a full day yet. Though I suppose that’s still a pretty long sleep for not having a proper bed. She must’ve been exhausted.

Ah, I forgot a bathroom. 

“Eh? More slimes!”

Oh good, she looked worried but quickly realized they were ignoring her and calmed down. Meanwhile, I had the slimes build an attached bathroom with a fountain sink, and a giant bath, then I had a fairy install an illusory mirror. Sadly, there’s no hot water, it’s all room temperature water. 

The woman just stared in shock as it happened, until her belly rumbled. I’m sorry, I don’t know how to make food yet.

“I need to find something to eat. This is such a strange place though.”

I just realized: I never added any lights, how can she see? Heck, how can my minions see? I’ve got a top-down view in my map window, that can get fairly detailed when I zoom in, but I don’t actually know what my minions see. I just get a view of things within a certain distance of them, like in an RTS when dealing with fog of war.

Hmmm… slimes can’t make lights, but fairies can. However, I don’t think I’d want a light that can’t be hidden in a bedroom. 

Ah, the woman is leaving. I suppose I really need to upgrade my facilities if I want people to stay… wait, why do I want people to stay? Am I really that lonely? … yes, yes I am. 

8: Food

As I experimented, I learned that unlocking new things is basically a matter of converting new things to points. Anything I convert, can then be bought for double what is gained from conversion. I can even make those low grade stones, but there’s no point since I don’t know what they’d even be for.

The GUI just describes it as a low grade mystic stone from another world.

So, if I can get food items, I could then make food items. However, that’s not really a permanent solution. After all, I’ve not found a good income stream other than chat, and I feel like relying upon income from there is a bad idea. Would be better if I could make a farm or garden or something.

Hmmm… this is a world full of tropes right? So, there should be cow-girls somewhere, right? Yup. Hidden in the minotaur minion option is the female variant with the feature of being an herbivore that can make milk… and now I realize I’m thinking about using a person as a milk factory. The fairies are people too (I think), but are so far from human that I just didn’t think about it at first. What exactly is life like to a minion? 

I wish I could ask my minions how they felt and thought, to try and understand what I’m really doing. Are they slaves? Or is there something else going on? How do they even receive orders?

Well, I guess I can try summoning a cow-girl and see what happens.

I sent her to forage for food after setting her to defensive, so she won’t start fights… wait, no, I should put her on flee. She’s unarmed and naked. Fighting is bad.

Apparently foraging for food meant gathering up large amounts of leaves and grass and piling them up inside. She took over the room I’d made earlier. I need to make more rooms.

Surprisingly, she then started making some very low quality clothes out of grass. I didn’t realize that was possible, and I certainly didn’t give any such orders. I guess she’s not just a minion that only does what she’s told like the slimes. Do the fairies wander off sometimes? Oh, yeah, they do. It seems they will leave to find food in the forest nearby when hungry. The scout is still exploring.

The slimes just go to the nearest water source sometimes to refill. 

9: Niceties.

I feel like there are a lot of things for me to do. I want to expand my living space to accommodate more people. I want to establish a stable food supply. I want to create luxury amenities, like giant baths with proper hot water, and better clothes and blankets. 

On top of this, I want to figure out how to properly abuse this chat with cultivators to gain more points, through trading items of high value to them, for items that I can convert to points. Additionally, now that I know I can make things based on what I’ve converted to points (or ‘eaten’, I guess, if dungeon cores can be said to eat), I want to expand my catalog of options.

For the first, I can start that pretty quick. A bit of copy and paste, and slimes will get to work on new construction orders. I just need to figure out the proper layout for it.

I placed the new rooms close to the cave entrance. I don’t really want everyone living right next to me. I also chose to expand the cave further back, and had a slime move me further in where I hid behind an illusory wall. I’m not actually sure how it did that. I float too high for the slime to reach, yet it just moved under me, and then I moved with it until it had me where I’d told it to move me, then I stopped moving. Weird.

That was the easy part. Now to ask for some help.

Dungeon 404: I have an artifact I can feed items to, to make other items. Such as turning low grade stones into herbs. I’m wondering if there are other things you might need. Unfortunately, I can only make something that has been fed to the artifact before.

Emerald Fairy: Oh! So that means one low grade stone is enough to make 25 herbs?

Dungeon 404: Yeah.

Dungeon 404: Wait, how did you know that?

Emerald Fairy: I noticed that when you received 2 stones you sent 50 herbs back. It’s not that hard to figure out. I’ll send you something. Tell me how much you need to make me more.

A short direct message conversation later, I found myself in possession of a very pretty flower, which I promptly converted into a staggering number of points.

Millennial Moon flower exchanged for 1,300,000,000 points.

Wtf?

Millennial Moon flower: 2,600,000,000 points

This flower only opens once per millennia and only during a full moon.
No known use in this world.

Dungeon 404: Uh… I need 26,000,000 low grade stones to make one.

Emerald Fairy: How many of these?

She sent me a bigger and much prettier stone. It exchanges for a value equal to that of 10,000 low grade stones. It’s apparently a high grade mystic stone

Dungeon 404: 2,600 of them is enough.

Emerald Fairy: Done. Give me 10.

Wow. 26,000 high grade stones. More points than I’d ever imagined having. Now I spend it all and keep just the amount from the initial flower and stone. This is insane.

Emerald Fairy: Wow, you really did it. This is sooo amazing, you probably have no idea. They’re even in perfect condition, just like the herbs earlier. If you need anything, let me know. I’m sure we can make a deal. ;)

So, I asked for some basic things, like clothing, furniture, etc. Oh and some way to heat water. She delivered on all fronts, giving me items of excellent quality, which I then turned into points and re-made so that I could expand my creation list.

Due to the materials involved, I unlocked a ton of amazing things. Many of which are incredibly expensive. Did I just become absurdly overpowered? Yes, yes I think I did.

10: Luxury

I now have a series of super luxurious apartments. It looks a little silly since the apartments themselves are just stone, but everything in them is probably better than the nobility would have if this setting is what I think it is.

Every apartment now has running water, programmable magic locks, (I can create master keys on demand if I need to deal with someone screwing up), and luxurious bathrooms with wonderful giant baths, and fully functional toilets including a bidet.

I even put expensive carpets in the rooms, and have a slime in each apartment set to keep the place clean like an automated vacuum cleaner.

Oh, and there’s proper lighting! The areas outside the apartments that I want people to feel safe in have lights that will dim at night to be less disruptive, and the lights in apartments have switches to turn them on or off!

I also created a large heated public pool with an attached changing room and bathroom, as well as a key system for lockers. There’s a smooth walkway from the cave entrance, to both apartments and pool, but one must go off the path to continue into the cave towards where I am. 

The old room is now walled off, and the cowgirl has moved to one of the apartments and made use of the new better clothes.

Those clothes probably provide better protection than regular armor would.

I gained some simple weapons as well, and gave her a nice hammer for self defense.

Now that I have glass containers and refrigerators, the cowgirl is able to store milk for longer periods (as in long enough to actually be worth doing). Oh, and they aren’t normal fridges, but ones that actually prevent spoilage, not just slow it down, so anything put inside should really last forever. 

One random side note: I accepted Emerald Fairy’s friend request. This unlocked an option to summon her, but the cost is crazy high and it only lasts one hour. I doubt I’d ever use it.

18