20. Trinity of the Sky IV
24 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fight for supremacy in the air under the dark clouds continues. Sofalia and Magic Sky dance a dangerous melody of life and death.

Similarly, a battle farther in the sky, above the clouds, is intensely occurring. The proud Wyvern Lord of Eslan rides on his beloved Wyvern as if he is a bolt of lightning. His dark hair and his black wyvern are a hard sight to see as their color even camouflages with the dark weather.

To Fenrir though, he can easily see them bypassing the speed of sound. Despite being able to see them, the wolf can hardly hit them. This proves the Wyvern Lord’s abilities that much. There is a reason why Fenrir chooses to pick the Wyvern Lord as an opponent. It is because Sofalia is a bad match against this kind of enemy.

Except for Sofalia herself, the individuals who know her best are Fenrir and Van the Third.

~Awooooh!

Skill— Frost Magic: Red Thorns of Ice

Fenrir casts his magic with a howl. Frozen icicles start flying from the cover of the clouds. Strangely, the icicles are crimson red, and every one of them exudes chilling killing intent that creates dissonance in the psyche.

The Wyvern Lord cannot shrug them off as he lacks the mental defenses that require him to endure them, but his Wyvern is different. Maneuvering from the skies, the wyvern safely escapes the dangerous arrangement of homing icicles.

With a cry, the Wyvern wakes up its partner. The Wyvern Lord realizing the reason for his daze angrily directs a scowl at Fenrir who is watching from afar, standing idly on the top of clouds. Suddenly, Fenrir turns into a mirage.

Skill— Illusion Magic: Myriad Clones of Deception

This time, the Wyvern Lord is prepared. He counters with his passive skill that negates most mental attacks and lets him connect with his wyvern’s thoughts in a bestial possession.

Skill— Beast Stance: Wyvern and Man as One

Hefting his heavy lance, the Wyvern Lord takes a deep breath as he brutishly pierces one mirage after another. The gigantic wolves standing on clouds are quite an amazing spectacle. But the Wyvern Lord is not a fool. If the wolf is among the illusions, he might find himself in a sudden ambush.

Skill— Beast Stance: Wyvern Meteor

His wyvern clues him in through its magnified perception that the Fenrir in front of them is the real one. The wyvern exhales flames from its snout, and because of the air’s drag, the flames start sticking to the wyvern’s scales. The same goes for the Wyvern Lord as he bathes in the flames as if it doesn’t matter.

Wyvern Meteor is a skill that imitates the power of meteors

Fenrir realizes he has been found out. But as an old monster with an enormous wealth of experience, he is able to react just fine by minimizing the damage.

Skill— Frost Magic: Frozen Shell

Skill— Illusion Magic: Silver Haze

Frost elements encapsulate the giant wolf and offer him a substantial level of protection. On top of this is Doublecasting which allows him to cast another magic simultaneously. Silver Haze helps reduce his foe’s accuracy giving him the necessary leeway to adjust.

Unlike Sofalia, Fenrir doesn’t have any access to infinite frost mana as he is just a specter of his shadow that is summoned in this world through Sofalia’s mana. This is why he needs to manage his mana pool with care, and that he must reserve his big guns when it is only certain.

***

The magic Frozen Time is one of the strongest ultimates to exist, however, such skill is not meant as a movement skill, but as a crowd control skill, yet Sofalia keeps on using it in the wrong way. She knows that too.

Trying to rectify her mistakes, she makes use of her other magic while under the Frozen Time. Still, Magic Sky proves himself to be the superior mage.

The Boulder of Ice that spans over a hundred meters is easily bypassed by Magic Sky’s Lightning Warp. Sofalia takes that into consideration, thus she spreads rune traps, something that Kruff specializes and Sofalia decides to learn to break from deadlocks like this.

At first, the rune traps are effective, but Magic Sky quickly destroys every rune trap by summoning lightning and thunder from above. It is a fight that tilts between victory and defeat at the slightest variables. The results are uncertain.

Anytime now, Magic Sky can die. Anytime now, Sofalia’s summoned Fenrir’s duration will end.

The longer it goes, the more and more that Sofalia’s martial prowess is becoming useless, and the more that Magic Sky’s mana gets smaller. Despite all of this, Sofalia is fearless and is trying every method she can think of to get Magic Sky.

The source of her fearlessness is her advisor who remains hiding and watching everything.

Unlike Sofalia, it is Magic Sky’s hope that his remaining partner is still around. If he manages to win this battle of attrition, his victory is certainly guaranteed.

“Your Time Magic is sloppy, Knigic.” Magic Sky addresses Sofalia by her Legacy. “Your predecessor will be disappointed in you. You are not even a quarter of his wisdom.” He remarks about the Knigic before Sofalia.

Magic Sky and the Knigic Arkruff Mondsten belong to the same generation. As a mage, he has mad respect for the Knigic whose academic achievements continue to contribute to this world. But what about then Sofalia?

To Magic Sky’s blunt opinion, she is a meathead who doesn’t know any of the beauty of knowledge! She is a savage expected of a bastard daughter! As a Knigic, it is only natural for Magic Sky to assume that Sofalia has learned from the late Knigic of the Blumend Kingdom.

“Really disappointing.” Magic Sky comments, while he casually cast Lightning Warp while avoiding a spiraling Pillar of Frost. “The way you can have such impressive martial prowess and magic abilities, you can only be a Knigic! Of course, I entertained other thoughts, but now, I am certain… You… must be his direct disciple! And here I thought he was abandoned by his Kingdom. For you to possess this level of abilities, you must still be continuing to learn from him! Tell me, where is he now? Skyvan Empire will definitely love him to acquire him.”

“You are noisy,” Sofalia complains while she draws in power from the scattered runes converting pure mana into stamina. “Stop your prattling, and come get some!”

Magic Sky tenses up and immediately casts his Lightning Warp. To his surprise, Sofalia cancels her Frozen Time midway. With a series of Silver Flash, she catches up to Magic Sky.

“I got you now!” Sofalia activates her Frozen Time.

Ultimate Skill— Chrono Magic: Frozen Time

Magic Sky has no time to react as he is suffering from the sequelae from Lightning Warp. He grits his teeth in fury as he realizes the threat in front of him. As he cannot escape this anymore, it leaves him no choice but to bet his all as a final stand. He empties his mana to cast his ultimate magic.

It is a very torturous and sadistic magic that consumes all mana of its caster and permanently decreases all of its stats after casting. Magic Sky is very reluctant to use this as it will severely reduce his life span.

Ultimate Skill— Sky Magic: Heaven’s Wrath

Lightning and thunder churn. Despite time being frozen and Magic Sky being incapable of movement, the lightning and thunder above continue to create chaos. Sofalia realizes that she is in trouble. She seems to realize that Magic Sky’s eyes are smiling.

To Magic Sky, this is an unexpected development as only now does he realize that Heaven’s Wrath cannot be influenced by Time Magic. In his whole life, this is the third time that he will be using this deadly Ultimate Magic, and maybe even plausibly end his own life.

“Switch with me.” Sofalia hears Fenrir’s words in her ears as if he is whispering just beside her.

“Castling: Fenrir!”

Sofalia desperately calls as she barely remembers one of the few options under having an active familiar. Still under the effects of Frozen Time, she sees the Wyvern Lord flying just a few meters away from her with an outstretched lance.

She without a second thought comes rushing with her Brilden.

Skill— Sword Stance: Brittle Point

Before she can behead the Wyvern Lord, the one-second Frozen Time finishes its effects. The Wyvern Lord barely dodges the rapier aiming for his heart.

Meanwhile, just under the clouds where Heaven’s Wrath ought to strike down is Fenrir’s mighty figure. The thick lightning pillars come crashing down at him at the accompaniment of thunder. Fenrir endures them all with his bulk and monstrous vitality until the moment Frozen Time finishes its one second of the frozen world.

Heaven’s Wrath continues with hate that seems to forever burn.

If Fenrir takes more of those thick pillars of lightning, he will quickly die, this spurs his very being and unleashes every little bit of mana from inside him. ~Awooooh! With one final cry, he unleashes his true might.

Final Ultimate Skill— Devourer of Heaven and Earth

Fenrir’s head enlarges, leaving its body into crumbling snow. The head continues to grow bigger and bigger until its lower jaw touches the earth and its upper jaw touches the clouds. The final devourer of Heaven and Earth graces the world with its disgusting jaws.

Magic Sky watches in horror as Heaven’s Wrath vanishes from Fenrir’s maw, while Magic Sky himself ends up as dog food in the process. Fenrir leaves nothing behind as he devours the clouds above, and the rubbles below.

The apocalyptic scene spreads over a thousand kilometers as the spectacle of a giant wolf head brings terror to everyone who sees it.

4