21. Trinity of the Sky V
33 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The earth is torn asunder, while the clouds are parted apart. One Second— that is how long Fenrir takes to cause such destruction, not a rubble or cloud remains. If it is not for the restriction on the mana it wields as a familiar summon, the Wyvern Lord who continues dueling Sofalia would be dead already.

To devour Heaven and Earth. This is Fenrir’s Strongest Ultimate. In fact, he should not be able to do it as a mere familiar. He must be exerting extra effort to help Sofalia. Many times, I find myself wanting to interfere, but then, time and time again, I feel that it is only right not to interfere.

When Magic Sky’s Heaven’s Wrath appears, I almost draw my sword to cut the clouds apart to dispel the magic, but thankfully, Fenrir decides to cast that skill. I feel thankful for Fenrir as by my non-interference, I am able to keep my promise to Sofalia and my Warrior’s honor.

I come to understand that I am becoming a part of this world just more and more. I recall the many times in the mirror when everything was all about crunching the highest numbers and providing the most resources as my life’s purpose.

Within the 1,277 years of my play-time, I am not able to perform any extracurricular activities, but as I become more involved with the plot of quests, and the main storyline, it is inevitable that ‘culture’ will have meaning to me especially now that I have become different.

Thus, I value the Warrior’s Honor.

I watch the duel above the skies uninvolved, while under the effects of Stealth Stance: Dark Form. I will only interfere when Sofalia is under a certain death situation.

Among the Trinity of the Sky, the weakest is the Harpy Queen… and comes second is Magic Sky. While Magic Sky has a couple of Ultimate Skills and even an Ultimate like Heaven’s Wrath, he cannot still compare to the Wyvern Lord who is hiding his strength too deep that the others will find themselves surprised by a second phase.

In the world of Vanaheim, it is rare for NPC Bosses to have a phase. If it is a raid or a World Boss, then it is only natural for them to have a second, and even third phase. These ‘phases’ are a special state that a creature will undergo when they feel that they are in danger, or at the risk of death. Unlike monsters, creatures of intelligence like humans and of other races don’t have a second phase.

I watch in careful scrutiny the development of the battle above the sky. I touch the hilt of my Darkbringer waiting for the right moment. No matter how optimistic I view it, Sofalia is unable to contend with the Wyvern Lord’s second phase.

***

Dark hair. Dark eyes. And… a very dark smile… Fulius Mendane, the sole Wyvern Lord of Eslan Kingdom beams at the sight of the struggling Sofalia. Yes. He is injured. But Sofalia is similarly suffering from the same degree of afflictions. Yet, she remains beautiful.

Her azure hair, the misty frost elements, and her way of waving around her rapier create a picturesque image for Fulius. This is the pinnacle of beauty. Fulius and his Wyvern enter supersonic speed as he attacks Sofalia from her blind sides.

In response to his aggressiveness, Sofalia calmly defends with her Ice Shields and consecutive Silver Flash. Fulius smiles at the thought of subduing this strong woman. If the two of them are to have a child, their offspring will definitely be the strongest.

***

Sofalia takes in a calm exhale as she angles her Brilden and tenses her calf. The Wyvern Lord is fast. Extremely fast. The Lightning Warp is fast too, but the Wyvern Lord’s speed is a different kind of fast.

“Magic Sky is a mage through and through. And the Wyvern Lord is a warrior…” She calmly assesses her enemy while she parries the Wyvern Lord’s heavy lance, and escapes to another isle of ice. As a warrior, the Wyvern Lord’s speed is a combination of reflex and acceleration. This makes him a dangerous opponent in a one-on-one situation.

In this world, having two more superior traits over your foe makes a person invincible. The Wyvern Lord has speed and power. Each time, their weapons collide, Sofalia feels her wrist hurting. It is only natural for her to lose in the locking of steel as she wields a rapier. Evasion is not really a certain method of avoiding damage as the Wyvern Lord is faster than her. She can neither block nor outmaneuver the Wyvern Lord’s strikes, thus she chooses to parry them.

But the more she parries them, the weaker she becomes in doing so.

It is slowly becoming a losing battle for her.

And then, all too suddenly, the Wyvern Lord stops attacking her.

Hovering hundreds of meters away from her is the Wyvern Lord, playfully hefting his lance on his shoulder. “Princess… We should stop, don’t you think? You will lose. Why don’t you obediently become my bride?”

Too ambitious disproportionate to his arrogance. That is always how Sofalia sees the Wyvern Lord.

“You are too little of a man for me…” Sofalia succinctly answers back and capitalizes on this opportunity.

Drawing whatever stamina and mana she has left, she casts her Ultimates.

Ultimate Skill— Sword Stance: Single Ray of Truth

Sofalia turns into a single ray of light, arriving at the Wyvern Lord’s face. She stretches her Brilden which reverts from its light-particle state with all of her weight behind the attack. The moment Sofalia’s flesh returns from the light-particle state, she uses another Ultimate on top of Single Ray of Truth.

Ultimate Skill— Chrono Magic: Frozen Time

Compounding Ultimates are the strongest combo for there to ever exist. It has been an undeniable truth for a long time. Sofalia with all her might unleashes her martial art. And true to her thrust, her Single Ray of Light successfully lands a hit.

Under the effects of a Single Ray of Light, Sofalia is still under the semi-phasing influence of light particles. Thus, her body, phases from where the Wyvern Lord hovers.

An empty hole presents itself in the Wyvern Lord’s chest.

It is her final and true victory. Sofalia is reserving her Single Ray of Light right for this moment. She does not exactly visualize this as how it will end, but she has reserved her stamina so that she can cast this ultimate. Fenrir’s ultimate is a shock for her, but that is another thing to address for another time.

Sofalia’s Frozen Time ends its effects, returning them to the world where time flows.

“Kyraah~” The wyvern cries in sadness as it realizes the lost connection with its master. Sofalia no longer has any stamina left, but she still has little mana to end things.

As victory is almost upon hers, she now has the luxury of relaxing. Of course, she knows better than not to let her guard down. Thus, she watches the remaining wyvern with caution. Using little mana in her, she maintains altitude with her Ice Shield.

Sofalia stabs the Ice Shield with her Brilden to give her stability so that she can remain standing. She raises her left palm and coming out of it is a sustainable and deadly enough Frost Lance. She uses Doublecast on top of this to ensure her victory.

Skill— Frost Magic: Frost Lance + Doublecast

Two spires of ice with overwhelming frost runes fly in a straight line at its target.

At this exact moment, the wyvern disregards the flying lances and proceeds on devouring its master. The sight of this sends a chill down her spine. The two lances land successfully on the wyvern causing blood, scales, and meat to scatter.

Despite the spreading frostbites, the wyvern continues on feeding on its master until the whole wyvern is encapsulated with ice. By that time, the Lord had already been devoured.

Sofalia feels an eerie premonition at the unexpected development of events. It is true that she is able to defeat the Wyvern Lord, but normally, she will not be able to do that. Arrogance is the Wyvern Lord’s downfall. Yet, what is this?

Misty white blurs the ice encasing the wyvern.

The ice that covers the wyvern shudders, and just like how a baby bird arises from its egg, the wyvern similarly does the same. In a matter of seconds, the wyvern resurrects itself. No. It is more accurate to call it rebirth.

Because it is no longer a wyvern, but a man… a very familiar man. The Lord returns with wyvern appendages. His humanoid characteristics are too apparent to see. Fair skin just like always, handsome visage which is the source of his charm, dark hair and dark eyes like the night, and then the familiar voice which irate Sofalia to the core.

This time, he sports a different look as dark scales cover his body like armor, scaly wings unfold from his back as if it is his own, and a monstrous thin tail swaying behind his hip in its tip is a deadly talon.

“Princess, that is so disappointing… Well, this is inevitable, I guess…” The Wyvern Lord smiles, his inhuman sharp teeth showing, and his words a little bit guttural. His handsome looks morph into a face of cruelty as he hefts his lance that should be devoured with him by the wyvern.

The Wyvern Lord. No. The Wyvern and Man, Fulius Mendane of Eslan addresses Sofalia with a playful tone in his voice. “I have changed my mind. You will no longer be my future wife, Sofalia…”

Flapping his wings hard to the point of changing the weather, and summoning clouds at that instance, Fulius then flies higher into the sky, hovering above Sofalia, and establishing to her who is superior.

“From now on, you are food.”

Tier 8. Dragonewt.

3